Page 54 of 179 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    This shows that modern Marvel hates Thor or just don't get the character. Much like how nobody gets Thanos but Starlin, with Ron Marz and Keith Giffen being the only exceptions.
    No, they don't "hate" Thor, many writers probably don't get his character but I doubt a company feels hate towards one of their staple and most recognizable characters.

Need I remind you, despite how badly he's been treated by Aaron, Thor is still a massive powerhouse and the saving grace of Midgard, he alone has saved the Earth's ass in 5 events this last decade alone (Siege, Fear Itself, Infinity, Secret Empire, War of the Realms) with 3 of those being Thor centered stories that encompassed the entire company.

On the contrary, I think Marvel does see a lot of potential in Thor, but in trying to make his appeal for mass consumption, he is losing the characteristics that made him unique.

I think Marvel definitely sees Thor as one of their marquee characters, they've just let his depiction become vastly inconsistent and less than flattering in some instances.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    No, they don't "hate" Thor, many writers probably don't get his character but I doubt a company feels hate towards one of their staple and most recognizable characters.

Need I remind you, despite how badly he's been treated by Aaron, Thor is still a massive powerhouse and the saving grace of Midgard, he alone has saved the Earth's ass in 5 events this last decade alone (Siege, Fear Itself, Infinity, Secret Empire, War of the Realms) with 3 of those being Thor centered stories that encompassed the entire company.

On the contrary, I think Marvel does see a lot of potential in Thor, but in trying to make his appeal for mass consumption, he is losing the characteristics that made him unique.
    But Jane Foster was pretty much the real heroine of WotR. Taking leadership of Asgard warriors and slashing through mythological monsters like they are scrubs despite her being a regular human.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Marvel doesn't necessarily hate Thor but in their push for diversity they push their female character, most of the time at the expense of established male characters.

BANNED

But Jane Foster was pretty much the real heroine of WotR. Taking leadership of Asgard warriors and slashing through mythological monsters like they are scrubs despite her being a regular human.
    Not really, your dislike towards Aaron is affecting what actually happened.

The first half of the event was about trying to get Thor back because all the earth heroes knew they'd lose without him, and so they did, then as soon as they got Thor back, he turned the tides in favor of the heroes, went to the sun and afterwards pretty much soloed Malekith's amy with planet wide storms and hopping around the world helping the teams of heroes, then finally he became worthy and defeated a Knull amped Malekith, effectively finishing the war by himself.

All Jane did was offer some support against the Dark Elves while Thor dealt with the actual threat , yes it was beyond dumb, and seeing her leading warrios with thousands of years of experience and calling her all-mother almost made me puke, but that was the all the extent of her participation.

BANNED

When was the last time Thor and Loki had an actual fight ?

I was thinking, despite Loki being Thor's main villain and most recurring one, in their 50+ years of history they've barely had any actual fights one on one, it's usually Loki manipulating events or having others do the fighting for him.

BANNED

For everyone:

Which is your favorite single issue of Thor ?

I thought some of Jane's role in WotR was ridiculous and the four Thor's were unnecessary, but Thor was the main character of the event.

I was thinking, despite Loki being Thor's main villain and most recurring one, in their 50+ years of history they've barely had any actual fights one on one, it's usually Loki manipulating events or having others do the fighting for him.
    King Thor?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought some of Jane's role in WotR was ridiculous and the four Thor's were unnecessary, but Thor was the main character of the event.

King Thor?
    I meant 616 versions

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

King Thor?
    It was still ridiculous for Thor needing help from his past and future self to defeat a Loki-lite villain, even if he was amped by a symbiote. And the way Aaron writes the character in Avengers is still awful.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

It was still ridiculous for Thor needing help from his past and future self to defeat a Loki-lite villain, even if he was amped by a symbiote. And the way Aaron writes the character in Avengers is still awful.
    That I very much agree with.

Again, I agree that the past and future Thor's felt unnecessary and just Aaron trying to bring things full-circle in the most unnecessarily over-the-top fashion. And Aaron really doesn't write Thor well in Avengers.

IIRC, they came to blows during Thor #432:

For everyone:

Which is your favorite single issue of Thor ?
    Definitely Thor #390:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    IIRC, they came to blows during Thor #432:
    This is where Loki seemingly dies in Tom Defalco's run right?