Page 117 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Certainly, but they still write it. If they can write "powerful" for Thanos, they can do it for the heroes.

I have faith in you, Russo's! You can write powerful protagonists if you try!
    I think it's just a different headspace for them conceptually to how they structure things.
    To a degree we won't be. Or at least the character beats will be a little different; there's no Odin to bitch about, no Warriors Three to show up, Thor's worthy......but I'm sure she'll find other ways to be obnoxious.
    I think that probably depends on the characterization and your opinion on Natalie Portman...
    I'd like the same thing....but I don't think we're gonna get it. I think they're gonna want to move the story along, get to the punching, and use the "worthy" enchantment as an excuse to explain why she's so badass out of the gate; power *and skill* of Thor. Sadly, in this I expect the film to mirror the comics quite a bit. Might be one of the few places where the plots really align, but I doubt we get a "training montage" much less real screen time dedicated to Jane learning.
    I mean, to be honest I could see them making it a comedy bit of Jane trying to learn to wield Mjolnir and the hammer just dragging her around and she has no idea what she's doing.
    Yeah, and it keeps things from getting stale. Encourages people to watch each film too, so they don't miss stuff. But still. There's so much we never got to see. I'm telling ya, a OGN that actually got a little effort (unlike those bad prequel comics they do) would sell. Some of those DC OGN's have sold quite well, and with the marketing power of the MCU behind it, a "missing chapter" MCU OGN would put some damn solid money in the bank.
    I think mini-sode stuff or animated prequels are probably more practical then OGN's, although Feige's practically in charge of everything now so he can do whatever he wants I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Every character above Spider-Man's tier has nerfed abilities in the MCU. Just ask any Odin, Thanos or Ultron fan.
    Sad but true.

Oh, Carol is an exception. She's way more powerful in the films than she is in comics. Everyone else? Yeah, much weaker. It used to annoy me a lot but I'm just kinda resigned to it at this point.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Amazing Member

For all my misgivings about the MCU, I try to just take it for what it is -- a different continuity on a different medium for a different audience. I much prefer the comics anyway. So as long as they don't do that irritating thing where they senselessly ape the MCU, I'm good.

And oh, Thor was an effin treat! The art was beautiful and Thor kicked 10 different kinds of ass. I'm just a bit disappointed at Cates's treatment of Galactus -- I'd think he would have done something with all those mighty amps. Anything, other than getting overpowered so easily. It's unfortunate, but I am absolutely enjoying the book so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, to be honest I could see them making it a comedy bit of Jane trying to learn to wield Mjolnir and the hammer just dragging her around and she has no idea what she's doing.
    Oh, that'd be hilarious! Damn it, now I want to see that and won't be satisfied if I don't! Damn it Frontier!

I think mini-sode stuff or animated prequels are probably more practical then OGN's, although Feige's practically in charge of everything now so he can do whatever he wants I guess.
    Given the quality of most Marvel cartoons, I'd rather have the OGN.

I don't know which would be more practical. I don't know what the contractual relationship between the publisher and the studio is like. But a OGN would be much cheaper and faster to produce and wouldn't have to worry about actors for voice work.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Probably so

And I tend to agree about the films too

Sad but true.

Oh, Carol is an exception. She's way more powerful in the films than she is in comics. Everyone else? Yeah, much weaker. It used to annoy me a lot but I'm just kinda resigned to it at this point.
    Movie!Carol is so overpowered that I'm really curious to see how they scale her down or have to keep justifying threats she can't finish in a minute.
    Oh, that'd be hilarious! Damn it, now I want to see that and won't be satisfied if I don't! Damn it Frontier!
    I aim to please .
    Given the quality of most Marvel cartoons, I'd rather have the OGN.

I don't know which would be more practical. I don't know what the contractual relationship between the publisher and the studio is like. But a OGN would be much cheaper and faster to produce and wouldn't have to worry about actors for voice work.
    Considering What If, I think Marvel Studios has the sway to get actual quality cartoons out, with the added benefit of the actual film stars being involved (if they can get them).

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    My only real concern about L and T aside from the things I've already seen about Thor in other films, is that I have no interest in Natalie Portman as Jane since it's been so let my since she was properly part of the MCU

Really feels like a nothing character to me

Now if they had maybe given the hammer to the lead Dora or maybe Valkyrie I'd be much more interested

I guess I just never rated portmans foster
    Same here. Valkyrie instead of Jane since J hasn't been around for a long time and I never cared for Portman's portrayal. Tessa is so much fun but Valkyries probably don't get cancer. The cancer part in GotG (Peter's mom) still annoys me. Please stay out of my escapism, cancer

Movie!Carol is so overpowered that I'm really curious to see how they scale her down or have to keep justifying threats she can't finish in a minute.
    Well, I'd hate to see them de-power her. Would just feel like admitting they lack the imagination to challenge her, which would be pretty sad considering the comics have some wildly powerful beings, and with all the FF and mutant stuff back in the fold that list has only grown.

They could use some powerful individuals, maybe Korvaks or Kree Sentries or something, or maybe instead of going for quality they'll go for quantity and throw in the Brood or just a big fleet of star ships? Maybe a threat Carol can't just punch out, like a loose adaptation of Secret Invasion. Lots of options on the table.

Considering What If, I think Marvel Studios has the sway to get actual quality cartoons out, with the added benefit of the actual film stars being involved (if they can get them).
    What If? does look to have much higher production quality, from the little I've seen. I'd be down with that show doing some Missing Chapters type stuff....but only if they can get the actors for the voice work.

~ Black Panther.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

I expect Thor to be inferior to Jane in skills and badassery because of the whole ''girl power'' side of the movie, along with the usual campy pratfalls.

About the ''underdeveloped'' stuff, i agree, it's sad we never got the Annihilation version of Ronan the Accuser instead of the scary complete monster villain from GOTG.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Spectacular Member

I would like to appreciate Thor on 2 things:

1. Magnus effect
    2. Bernoulli's law

If we rotate the hammer the same amount of energy that Thor use, we can actually fly!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    About the ''underdeveloped'' stuff, i agree, it's sad we never got the Annihilation version of Ronan the Accuser instead of the scary complete monster villain from GOTG.
    For real, I was super duper disappointed in GotG's Ronan, and Captain Marvel didn't even try to do anything with him.

I'm pretty sure all our hopes of a interesting, semi-nuanced Ronan have been dashed, but.....maybe if CM-2 is set in the past we'll get something. Ronan *is* a potential villain who could theoretically be a pain in Carol's ass, and if he gets some actual screen time maybe he'll get some actual character work too.

Not holding my breath though.

At this point, when it comes to "missed opportunities in cosmic MCU" I'm basically down to just hoping we get some Beta Ray Bill in Love & Thunder. I'm still fairly confident that Nova will get a movie when the GotG trilogy is over, but most everything else I had hoped for from this side of Marvel seems damn unlikely.

~ Black Panther.

At this point, when it comes to "missed opportunities in cosmic MCU" I'm basically down to just hoping we get some Beta Ray Bill in Love & Thunder. I'm still fairly confident that Nova will get a movie when the GotG trilogy is over, but most everything else I had hoped for from this side of Marvel seems damn unlikely.
    It being Jane's movie pretty much kills Bill showing up outside a cameo in my opinion.

After how he's depicted other characters I'm not sure I trust Waititi with Bill otherwise.

It being Jane's movie pretty much kills Bill showing up outside a cameo in my opinion.
    Yeah, I doubt it too. But still, the supporting cast is pretty thin now so there might be room for an addition or two.

After how he's depicted other characters I'm not sure I trust Waititi with Bill otherwise.
    .....that's a good point. I'd rather see Taikiti do Bill than Baldur though.

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, I doubt it too. But still, the supporting cast is pretty thin now so there might be room for an addition or two.
    Yeah, they sure have unceremoniously killed a lot of major Asgardians, ho-humm .
    .....that's a good point. I'd rather see Taikiti do Bill than Baldur though.
    I guess between the two I'd be less worried about Bill then Balder. After how Waititi handled Skurge...

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Yeah, they sure have unceremoniously killed a lot of major Asgardians, ho-humm .

I guess between the two I'd be less worried about Bill then Balder. After how Waititi handled Skurge...
    I still have some grain of salt for how badly the asgardians supporting characters got shafted.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.