Page 133 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2680

4. Thor needs a secret identity again. It doesn't have to be Donald. It doesn't have to be Jake. He just needs a mortal form to ground him.
    Respectfully disagree. This would be regurgitation and reverting back to a decades-old trope. How many deconstruction stories can we tell about him? Marvel has plenty of human "grounded" characters. Sometimes we need to let the complex powerhouses be just that. If a writer can't tell a humanistic story without sacrificing much of the characters' basic appeal (abilities, origin story), then they need more imagination.

I always thought it would be interesting to see Thor as a diplomat. As king he'd have to talk to other rulers and foreign leaders, so maybe that would be nice. A little exploration of the cosmic side of marvel would be nice to see as well. More than just the Kree and the Skrulls. A little more fun and a little less moody depressing deconstruction. Thor can be introspective, introspection is good, but I've had more than enough of downer Thor.

BANNED

The idea said earlier about Asgard being in space and dealing with galactic emires and vice-versa would be really cool and interesting, I've always thought of Asgard as the most powerful and advanced civilization in Marvel, but it's always faced off against fantasy type enemies like lands of trolls and monsters, it would be a nice change of pace to see how they stack up against the big galactic empires like the Kree, Skrull, Shi'ar (we already saw that and the asgardians proved to be the more powerful race), Badoon, etc...have them try to restore the order in the galaxy and obviously make enemies of those who do not want peace and just want to rule, an all out cosmic war but with Asgard thrown in the middle.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I always thought it would be interesting to see Thor as a diplomat. As king he'd have to talk to other rulers and foreign leaders, so maybe that would be nice. A little exploration of the cosmic side of marvel would be nice to see as well. More than just the Kree and the Skrulls. A little more fun and a little less moody depressing deconstruction. Thor can be introspective, introspection is good, but I've had more than enough of downer Thor.
    Have you read Annihilation and its sequels?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Respectfully disagree. This would be regurgitation and reverting back to a decades-old trope. How many deconstruction stories can we tell about him? Marvel has plenty of human "grounded" characters. Sometimes we need to let the complex powerhouses be just that. If a writer can't tell a humanistic story without sacrificing much of the characters' basic appeal (abilities, origin story), then they need more imagination.
    Modern Marvel authors seem to lack imagination, with a few exceptions.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Respectfully disagree. This would be regurgitation and reverting back to a decades-old trope. How many deconstruction stories can we tell about him?
    Who's asking for deconstruction. I'm all for construction. Rather than taking an idea and going "this is why that wouldn't really work," I want to take an idea and show why it's awesome.

If a writer can't tell a humanistic story without sacrificing much of the characters' basic appeal (abilities, origin story), then they need more imagination.
    Thor origin involved a secret identity. He was Donald Blake right up until 1983. Then he became Sigurd Jarlson for a while. Then was replaced by Eric Masterson and after that there was Jake Olson.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    you mean Ten Realms.
    Oh yeah, I guess I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    The idea said earlier about Asgard being in space and dealing with galactic emires and vice-versa would be really cool and interesting, I've always thought of Asgard as the most powerful and advanced civilization in Marvel, but it's always faced off against fantasy type enemies like lands of trolls and monsters, it would be a nice change of pace to see how they stack up against the big galactic empires like the Kree, Skrull, Shi'ar (we already saw that and the asgardians proved to be the more powerful race), Badoon, etc...have them try to restore the order in the galaxy and obviously make enemies of those who do not want peace and just want to rule, an all out cosmic war but with Asgard thrown in the middle.
    I don't really have any specific plots or anything but I got a couple ideas for what I'd do here. I'd like to see Asgard and the Nova Corp at odds over a border dispute; we could get some fun space viking v. bucket head action as well as some fun politics out of it.

And do the Kree have established gods, either from their past or present? Far as I know they don't have a religion, so I'd like to maybe have Thor run across the forgotten gods of the ancient, primitive Kree. I think, as long as continuity supported it, I'd have the Kree gods, weak and small from millennia of abandonment, try to reassert themselves in Kree culture and ask Thor for help. I know this swerves a little close to the themes Aaron toyed with but I'd like to see Thor stuck in this conflict where the Kree gods want to return to their people but their people have no use for them anymore.

Did Beta Ray Bill ever find a homeworld for his people? I'd like to explore that.

And y'all are gonna throw rotten fruit at me for saying this, but Marvel has the rights to Aliens now so a xenomorph finding its way to one of the Realms and starting a new hive could be a fun two issue story.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Thor origin involved a secret identity. He was Donald Blake right up until 1983. Then he became Sigurd Jarlson for a while. Then was replaced by Eric Masterson and after that there was Jake Olson.
    It did, but one of the great things Roy Thomas did was make him a son of Gaea and Odin due to Odin wanting to spawn the most powerful Asgardian. And the idea of Odin creating Blake for the purpose of Thor appreciating mortality. It's a lesson that the character learned many times, as you've pointed out. To be sure, there can be fun alter-ego stories left to tell with Thor but I'm of the notion that he doesn't need to be "humanized" any more than he has been. Otherwise it dampens a lot of the mystique about mystical space gods. Between the "vulgarization" of his speech pattern and his years-long deconstruction under Aaron, the character feels hardly different from any super-powered human. Surely the whole MCU synergy stuff has had a major role to play with that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Have you read Annihilation and its sequels?
    Yes, yes I have, Annihilation and War of Kings were the best events made in the last 10 years. More of that would be nice.

Otherwise it dampens a lot of the mystique about mystical space gods. Between the "vulgarization" of his speech pattern and his years-long deconstruction under Aaron, the character feels hardly different from any super-powered human. Surely the whole MCU synergy stuff has had a major role to play with that.
    I think the fact that he has a mortal life makes the mystical space gods look even more godly in comparison.

As what for Aaron has done, well, he just sucks.

All-New Member

You guys you reaaaally wanna check out this YouTube video about Thor #6 coming out next Wednesday. Big spoilers but it’s nuts I tell ya.

https://youtu.be/BtyGPydn0hc

at this point, everyone lifted Mjolnir at least once.

geez

looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh yeah, I guess I do.

I don't really have any specific plots or anything but I got a couple ideas for what I'd do here. I'd like to see Asgard and the Nova Corp at odds over a border dispute; we could get some fun space viking v. bucket head action as well as some fun politics out of it.

And do the Kree have established gods, either from their past or present? Far as I know they don't have a religion, so I'd like to maybe have Thor run across the forgotten gods of the ancient, primitive Kree. I think, as long as continuity supported it, I'd have the Kree gods, weak and small from millennia of abandonment, try to reassert themselves in Kree culture and ask Thor for help. I know this swerves a little close to the themes Aaron toyed with but I'd like to see Thor stuck in this conflict where the Kree gods want to return to their people but their people have no use for them anymore.

Did Beta Ray Bill ever find a homeworld for his people? I'd like to explore that.

And y'all are gonna throw rotten fruit at me for saying this, but Marvel has the rights to Aliens now so a xenomorph finding its way to one of the Realms and starting a new hive could be a fun two issue story.
    The Kree worships the Supreme Intelligence in a similar manner the Imperium of Man worships the Emperor.

''it Is better to die for the Supremor than live for yourself.''

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    at this point, everyone lifted Mjolnir at least once.

geez

looks cool though.
    Mjolnir lost its novelty a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    The Kree worships the Supreme Intelligence in a similar manner the Imperium of Man worships the Emperor.

''it Is better to die for the Supremor than live for yourself.''
    So no established religion from their pre-Supremor past?

Cool, I could build my own forgotten Kree pantheon.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.