Page 105 of 179 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with you about Mignola & Thor coming together. This cover shows how much this dream team could accomplish:

Back when Thor was noble and spoke with a Olde English accent.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Mignola draws mythological Thor:

The scan is from my copy of The Art of Hellboy, the original illustration being published in the Bones of Giants novel, iirc.
    Last edited by Panic; 05-30-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I wonder what Aaron crusaders like JKtheMac thinks of this new retcon on Mjolnir and Thor getting punked by a Batman wannabe.
    Just ignore Aaron with anything regarding Thor and the Thor mythos

It's basically self serving self aggrandising fan fiction in my view

Nothing he writes regarding Thor is of any value what so ever as far as I'm concerned and I no longer give any money toward it

Not to say others shouldnt

But imo he's the worst Thor writer ever as far as screwing around with his mythos

He only ever does harm imo

but you know, people can make up their own mind

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post

Nothing he writes regarding Thor is of any value what so ever as far as I'm concerned and I no longer give any money toward it

But imo he's the worst Thor writer ever as far as screwing around with his mythos

Now that I think on it

Moon knights god, a fairly inconsequential diety in mythos, acting through him, a relatively minor power in the marvel universe overcomes the skyfather power of odin and overcomes the direct presence of the all father Thor because the hammer is made of old moons

Whilst Thor, who still has his own power and the power of the all father can't cope

Absolutely laughing at how the writer forced this outcome to ship some idea about a relatively minor character

I mean it's do bad it's just pitiful

Imo

I never imagined anyone could do harm third mythos that I'm embarrassed to read or hear about it, but that's where it's at for me
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-30-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Now that I think on it

Moon knights god, a fairly inconsequential diety in mythos, acting through him, a relatively minor power in the marvel universe overcomes the skyfather power of odin and overcomes the direct presence of the all father Thor because the hammer is made of old moons

Whilst Thor, who still has his own power and the power of the all father can't cope

Absolutely laughing at how the writer forced this outcome to ship some idea about a relatively minor character

I mean it's do bad it's just pitiful

Imo

I never imagined anyone could do harm third mythos that I'm embarrassed to read or hear about it, but that's where it's at for me
    hopefully, this is some different timeline

one can only hope.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

In case anyone was wondering, Thor won that Battle Royale that Marvel was doing on twitter, defeating Jean Grey in the final round.

One of my all-time favorite superhero theme songs:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    One of my all-time favorite superhero theme songs:

Saw a load of these on VHS rental as a kid

Loved the tune

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    In case anyone was wondering, Thor won that Battle Royale that Marvel was doing on twitter, defeating Jean Grey in the final round.

I'm both happy and surprised at the same time .

You could say Aaron is ''running the asylum''.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...nningTheAsylum
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm both happy and surprised at the same time .
    Hulk beating Carol and Thor winning the popularity contest makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    hopefully, this is some different timeline

one can only hope.
    Having looked again at the fight

I once suggested Aaron had a personal agenda in his writing of Thor, in effect the devastation of Thor and his mythos stemmed from an atheist agenda affecting the writing

Of course just my opinion

Looking at the script again, of humbling a god

I am once again convinced of this

Irrespective of personal views on that, I feel his writing of Thor is continuously marred and tainted by this

As I revall he once said in interview he had to come to some resolution about his own world views and writing a god

Though that's not an exact quote nor do I recall where I read it

Of course this is just my opinion, but I am reapeatedly convinced I am correct

But I've been wrong before
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-31-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Having looked again at the fight

I once suggested Aaron had a personal agenda in his writing of Thor, in effect the devastation of Thor and his mythos stemmed from an atheist agenda affecting the writing

Of course just my opinion

Looking at the script again, of humbling a god

I am once again convinced of this

Irrespective of personal views on that, I feel his writing of Thor is continuously marred and tainted by this

As I revall he once said in interview he had to come to some resolution about his own world views and writing a god

Though that's not an exact quote nor do I recall where I read it

Of course this is just my opinion, but I am reapeatedly convinced I am correct

But I've been wrong before
    Some of us had the same theory that he's pursuing a ''hollywood atheist'' agenda.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Some of us had the same theory that he's pursuing a ''hollywood atheist'' agenda.
    I'll admit that terms a new one on me

It would be unfair of me to say he is pursuing an agenda, but I do think his writing of Thor is greviously infected with that world view

Again that's not a comment on its merits, to each their own, but I do think it is damaging to the character mythos in the way it affects the product

Again just my opinion

On a spot of positivity I thought the art was very cool

Back when Thor was the only Avenger who can hold his own against a mindless Hulk.