Page 15 of 179 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find some scans of Karnilla? Preferably by Del Mundo and/or Dauterman?
    How about this sexy pose?

karnilla.jpg

Look at that huge hair.

karnillahair.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 01-16-2020 at 01:54 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Even Magneto respects Thor!

I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    How about this sexy pose?

karnilla.jpg

Look at that huge hair.

karnillahair.jpg
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Thank you!!
    You're welcome.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #231 Jan 1975
    "A Spectre From the Past!"
    Thor and Hercules return to the surface and fix the hole in the ground they created;

Afterwards, Blumkenn tells Thor that one of the people stopped from killing themselves has been asking for him - Jane Foster;
    Elsewhere, during a séance, the spirit of Armak is channeled into Arnold Nicolson.

Back in a Midtown Hospital, Sif sees Thor with Jane Foster and realizes just how much he still loves her;
    The doctor tells Sif that there's not much hope and that Jane has a week or two at the most;
    Sif returns to Asgard seeking Odin, only to find him gone;
    Thor flies off to fight Armak.

Script by Gerry Conway,
    pencils by John Buscema (layouts/breakdowns), Dick Giordano and Terry Austin (finished art),
    inks by Dick Giordano (figures) and Terry Austin (backgrounds, uncredited)

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Thor #231 Jan 1975
    "A Spectre From the Past!"
    Thor and Hercules return to the surface and fix the hole in the ground they created;

Afterwards, Blumkenn tells Thor that one of the people stopped from killing themselves has been asking for him - Jane Foster;
    Elsewhere, during a séance, the spirit of Armak is channeled into Arnold Nicolson.

Back in a Midtown Hospital, Sif sees Thor with Jane Foster and realizes just how much he still loves her;
    The doctor tells Sif that there's not much hope and that Jane has a week or two at the most;
    Sif returns to Asgard seeking Odin, only to find him gone;
    Thor flies off to fight Armak.

Script by Gerry Conway,
    pencils by John Buscema (layouts/breakdowns), Dick Giordano and Terry Austin (finished art),
    inks by Dick Giordano (figures) and Terry Austin (backgrounds, uncredited)
    Back when Jane was reduced to occasional supporting character while Sif was the main gal in the thor series.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    That was fantastic

I miss that type of thor
    I miss when Thor used to absorb energy attacks into Mjolnir and shoot massive energy beams that can defeat a skyfather. Very Goku-like.

I also miss when Thor wasn't just about bashing his foes with Mjolnir but he could also reason with them, like in that story by Paul Jenkins with the suicide bomber.

And i miss when Thor wasn't addicted to Mead and didn't need to be saved from being frozen.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If that were to happen, a lot of Namor fans would've been deprived of Everett's classic run on Sub-Mariner.

I remember one of Jane's final appearances before Jurgens' Thor run was in Thor #394 from the late 80's, where she helped a young scriptwriter with her screenplay for a potential blockbuster movie about Thor.
    So true about the Everett/Namor comment. So stuff has a way of working out. I will also say a number of people have pointed out to me that Wally Wood might have been the perfect Thor inker during the Silver Age. I can't argue with that, but after seeing some of Chic Stone's inks, I was a lot more impressed with that combination of talent.

Did Garth Ennis write that? Was that during the Deodato Thor phase?

A word about the movies and the comics, I completely separate them. I don't demand the movies be like the comics, I know I will just get frustrated. BUT I do want the films to be true to the essence of the character as it was created.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I miss when Thor used to absorb energy attacks into Mjolnir and shoot massive energy beams that can defeat a skyfather. Very Goku-like.

I also miss when Thor wasn't just about bashing his foes with Mjolnir but he could also reason with them, like in that story by Paul Jenkins with the suicide bomber.

And i miss when Thor wasn't addicted to Mead and didn't need to be saved from being frozen.
    Where were you guys when Aaron was writing Thor and I felt like the only person who remembered how great Thor was before Aaron ruined it????????
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    Where were you guys when Aaron was writing Thor and I felt like the only person who remembered how great Thor was before Aaron ruined it????????
    We were always.lurking in the Thor appreciation threads.

Also in the comments section of Fernando Comics and Thor Talk videos.

So true about the Everett/Namor comment. So stuff has a way of working out. I will also say a number of people have pointed out to me that Wally Wood might have been the perfect Thor inker during the Silver Age. I can't argue with that, but after seeing some of Chic Stone's inks, I was a lot more impressed with that combination of talent.
    DC's loss is Marvel's gain, I always say.

If you're referring to Thor #394, then that definitely took place during the DeFalco/Frenz run which was before both Deodato & Ennis.

I believe this link might be helpful: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thor_Vol_1_394

A word about the movies and the comics, I completely separate them. I don't demand the movies be like the comics, I know I will just get frustrated. BUT I do want the films to be true to the essence of the character as it was created.
    Truer words have never been spoken, oldschoolfan.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-19-2020 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    DC's loss is Marvel's gain, I always say.

If you're referring to Thor #394, then that definitely took place during the DeFalco/Frenz run which was before both Deodato & Ennis.

I believe this link might be helpful: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thor_Vol_1_394

Truer words have never been spoken, oldschoolfan.
    Thank you. I looked at the link, and it is definitely Frenz/Defalco…..I haven't read that far in my Thor collection yet (I am currently in the Moench era). The Frenz/Defalco run gives me the impression of being derivative, but I can't say yet because I haven't read any of it yet.

The Ennis/Deodato phase was during the 490's......so I guess I was off by about 100 issues.

Thank you. I looked at the link, and it is definitely Frenz/Defalco…..I haven't read that far in my Thor collection yet (I am currently in the Moench era). The Frenz/Defalco run gives me the impression of being derivative, but I can't say yet because I haven't read any of it yet.

The Ennis/Deodato phase was during the 490's......so I guess I was off by about 100 issues.
    Aren't you referring to the Warren Ellis run? Because Ennis only wrote Vikings as a Thor story.

Astonishing Member

Trying to recover from Thor's treatment

Tbh I've madey views on Aaron's Thor very clear on these boards

His avengers run cements that opinion

Sadly
    Last edited by kilderkin; 01-20-2020 at 12:37 PM.

I always thought the synergy was an insult to the intelligence of the people who just watch the movies. They're smart enough to understand that the movies and the comes aren't exactly the same, and its better that they aren't, but marvel doesn't think so. Im okay with it, but I just wish they were honest about doing it.