Page 121 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2680
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

There are many, many problems with the plot of Civil War.
    The bigger issue to me is how its generally viewed as a really good movie when its not
    Good acting
    Good moments
    Bad plot = bad film
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    No offense but aside from the foreshadowing, your version doesn't sound nearly as good as what we got in the film and takes away the importance of the portals scene and the proclamation of "Avengers Assemble" which is the single most epic moment in the MCU. Captain America lifting Mjolnir and fighting Thanos is iconic, hailed and loved worldwide, if you don't like it that's fine, it's your opinion, as it is mine liking it, but saying it as if it was a "fact" that they didn't put the scene right is not the way to go.
    I clearly stated the way i put it together isnt the only way. And you saying that avengers assemble was the most iconic moment in the series is purely your opinion. I think it was wasted and hardly climatic. The battle that ensued afterwards was a sad boring game of hot potato. Just underwhelming.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    problem with MCU Jane is that she was literally forgotten and shoved to the side and now she will be Thor???

she was just mentioned that she ditched Thor and that's it.

I think even the actress herself said that she didn't want to play that role again.

that's bad writing IMO.
    I don't think Waititi wrote that line expecting to be bringing Jane back.
    I know, though I do think a "day in the life" film could be successful if it were handled right, though I don't think Marvel will ever try such an approach (and perhaps that's for the best even if it could be done well in theory). Which is why I want those OGN's set within the MCU. They'd sell well with a little marketing and flesh out the world and events nicely.
    Or animation...
    Get, what's his name, Salvatore Larocca? for the art. He did the NewUniversal stuff with Ellis back in the day and designed the characters after actors like Bruce Willis and the guy who played Sawyer on Lost. And he did Iron Man with Fraction, and that book was beautiful. He'd be a good choice.
    Modern Larocca isn't my cup of tea compared to his heyday. His Star Wars books sometimes tried too hard to match the actors on film.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    The bigger issue to me is how its generally viewed as a really good movie when its not
    Good acting
    Good moments
    Bad plot = bad film
    I mean, it is. The plot was fantastic that the culmination of 4-5 years of buildup prior to that. You can argue "why didn't a character do this" all you want but you're asking a bunch of heroes forced to fight each other over moral obligations forced upon them to act rationally at any specific moment.

Also, why does this thread keep turning to the MCU Rant general?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I mean, it is. The plot was fantastic that the culmination of 4-5 years of buildup prior to that. You can argue "why didn't a character do this" all you want but you're asking a bunch of heroes forced to fight each other over moral obligations forced upon them to act rationally at any specific moment.

A plot riddled with plot holes is nowhere near a fantastic plot.

No one is asking "why did a character do that"
    Im not gonna exhaust the glaring issues with the plan of beemo or whatever his name was

Superheros fighting each other? Happens all the time, no one is up in arms abt that. But nice of u to jump to conclusions.

Like i said
    Good moments
    Good acting
    But awful plot
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

And i dont understand the idea that because something hae years of build up, it makes it better? No each movie has to standalone on its own as a good film with good qualities, if it works with a greater narrative awesome. Thats what made Avengers 1 so great, excellent stand alone film but it worked well with others.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As I understand it, she really hated playing Jane because of how they handled the character (and I don't blame her). But when Taikiti asked her to come back, she was sold as soon as he said she'd be Thor. And I can't blame her for that either.

Just going off memory here so take it with a grain of salt.

Or animation...
    Or animation. I'd rather have the OGN but animation would work too.

Modern Larocca isn't my cup of tea compared to his heyday. His Star Wars books sometimes tried too hard to match the actors on film.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Are we sure it's not the inker maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I think this time it might've been my fault. My bad! In my defense, I haven't been able to get to the LCS lately and I think they've been having trouble getting all the books they're supposed to and I'm an issue or two behind. So all I got is the MCU right now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

maybe but it doesn't make it any better.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Marvel is advertising upcoming issues of Thor by implying that something major happened between two panels in Thor #4 and will soon be revealed in upcoming issues:

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Gotta read it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Marvel is advertising upcoming issues of Thor by implying that something major happened between two panels in Thor #4 and will soon be revealed in upcoming issues:

Now that I think about it, doesn't those aliens look like the race the Secret Empire Avengers (including Thor) all killed off?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Gods I gotta catch up with the book! Damn whatever complication made my LCS not get their copies and/or forget to put it in my pull box! Damn this pandemic getting in the way of publication! What issue are we even on now? 6? 7?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Gods I gotta catch up with the book! Damn whatever complication made my LCS not get their copies and/or forget to put it in my pull box! Damn this pandemic getting in the way of publication! What issue are we even on now? 6? 7?
    #5 came out two weeks ago, #6 isn't out until August.

And speaking of #6, I found an image of Gabriele Dell'Otto's 1:50 variant for it:

Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 07-09-2020 at 06:26 PM.

I so much prefer this current design to the "Fresh Start" or War of the Realms look.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I so much prefer this current design to the "Fresh Start" or War of the Realms look.
    Imo, it's one of his best looks ever!