Page 16 of 179 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Trying to recover from Thor's treatment

Tbh I've madey views on Aaron's Thor very clear on these boards

His avengers run cements that opinion

Sadly
    Wake me up when Aaron stops messing up Thor in Avengers.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    Where were you guys when Aaron was writing Thor and I felt like the only person who remembered how great Thor was before Aaron ruined it????????
    For me Fraction was the one that first ruined the Thor comics, especially as far as Thor and Odin's characterization is concerned. Even going as far back as the terrible, IMO, Ages of Thunder mini he did that so many comic fans raved about and a lot of the writers seemed to try to emulate. Aaron just cemented the terrible depiction of Thor while also making him pretty sad from the Unworthy stage onwards.

It has been a really long time since I have enjoyed a new Thor comic, and I was a super fan. Now I just enjoy the older Thor comics and the movie Thor.
    Last edited by thjan; 01-21-2020 at 05:54 PM.

BANNED

Just read Avengers #29, that was painful.

It baffles me that the previous writer of Thor is handling him in such an extremely bad manner, Thor is literally the weakest member, while we saw every Avenger coming out on top against their respective foes, Thor gets taken down by puny space rocks, his own words. Aaron must have split personality, because I would never guess this is the same guy who wrote War of the Realms were Thor alone turned the tides for Earth and was generating storms around the planet, who split planets apart while battling Gorr, then we have him on the Avengers constantly humilliated by EVERYONE he fights.

Please Aaron, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THOR !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post

It baffles me that the previous writer of Thor is handling him in such an extremely bad manner, Thor is literally the weakest member, while we saw every Avenger coming out on top against their respective foes, Thor gets taken down by puny space rocks, his own words. Aaron must have split personality, because I would never guess this is the same guy who wrote War of the Realms were Thor alone turned the tides for Earth and was generating storms around the planet, who split planets apart while battling Gorr, then we have him on the Avengers constantly humilliated by EVERYONE he fights.

Well spoken sir, well spoken!!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Aren't you referring to the Warren Ellis run? Because Ennis only wrote Vikings as a Thor story.
    Not only did Ennis write all 5-issues of Thor: Vikings, but it was also a part of Marvel's MAX imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Wake me up when Aaron stops messing up Thor in Avengers.
    Unfortunately he seems to be sporting his new costume on The Avengers tie-in for Empyre, so it looks like he's sticking around on the team .

I guess he's just trolling those Thor fans who didn't like the Unworthy saga and Jane Foster.

Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 01-22-2020 at 01:27 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

thor is weakened because of the brood infection as his body is fighting it as was mentioned in the previous issue

though of course, him getting infected by the brood may be considered odd to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    thor is weakened because of the brood infection as his body is fighting it as was mentioned in the previous issue

though of course, him getting infected by the brood may be considered odd to begin with.
    And he was also the only one to be infected.

And lol, Silver Surfer having trouble with a armored Black Widow and Firelord written as another toxic macho strawman.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 01-22-2020 at 03:22 AM.

Fantastic Member

I feel like Aaron is just writing these character different in spite of y’all lmao

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I feel like Aaron is just writing these character different in spite of y’all lmao
    I've long thought the same thing. Honestly, I say stop buying Thor as long as writers screw it up. Minus the Cates' Thor, I dont read other depictions of Thor. ESPECIALLY Jason Aaron's version of Thor.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

I hear you

Right there with you

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    For me Fraction was the one that first ruined the Thor comics, especially as far as Thor and Odin's characterization is concerned. Even going as far back as the terrible, IMO, Ages of Thunder mini he did that so many comic fans raved about and a lot of the writers seemed to try to emulate. Aaron just cemented the terrible depiction of Thor while also making him pretty sad from the Unworthy stage onwards.

It has been a really long time since I have enjoyed a new Thor comic, and I was a super fan. Now I just enjoy the older Thor comics and the movie Thor.
    Agreed. I thought Thor's relationship with Odin was particularly poorly portrayed by Fraction. Power level was pretty good though.
    ----------------------

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I've long thought the same thing. Honestly, I say stop buying Thor as long as writers screw it up. Minus the Cates' Thor, I dont read other depictions of Thor. ESPECIALLY Jason Aaron's version of Thor.
    Actually that's me convinced

I'm pulling it from my list and I'm not buying any more books that have Aaron's name attached

I just can't above how he writes certain groups of character