Page 41 of 179 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Thor #352 Feb 1985
    "Ragnarok and Ruin!"
    Surtur is in Asgard to reclaim the Eternal Flame that Odin and his brothers stole at the beginning of time.
    Surtur and Odin hurl themselves at each other, sending shockwaves throughout the Nine Worlds.
    In New York, Mr Fantastic has a plan, but it involves capturing the demon's war gate.
    Elsewhere, Roger plans on finding and putting the Casket back together to end the winter storms.
    The Human Torch leads the demons away while Roger begins work.
    Back in New York, Sif leads the Einherjar into Bill's trap,

as Tyr and Skurge lead their forces and devastate the demons.
    Meanwhile, Bill and Mr Fantastic capture

and shut down the gate.

Back in Asgard, Surtur is surprised by Odin's power and calls upon all the winters in an effort to stop Odin.
    Elsewhere, the children of Asgard have a plan to get past the Troll.
    And back on Earth, the heroes go through the gate to
    confront the demons at their entry point into the Earth dimension.
    Back in England, Roger has only one piece left, but he can't get to it, it's completely frozen in place.
    But suddenly, all the ice, snow, and cold are gone without a trace, called to Asgard by Surtur.
    But with the ice gone, the Dark Elves are loose again.
    In Asgard, Surtur has used the cold to completely imprison Odin,
    as Surtur goes to the Eternal Flame and lights the sword Twilight.
    Appearances by Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg, Mr. Fantastic, Beta Ray Bill, Sif and the Human Torch.
    Cameos by the second Captain Marvel and Storm (of the X-Men).

Script and art by Walter Simonson
    Back when Odin was badass and the Warriors Three were more active.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Back when Odin was badass and the Warriors Three were more active.
    And heroes working together, instead of inciting a civil war.

BANNED

Yes, Thanosi clone aside (no one can write Thanos well but Starlin), Jurgens was pretty good until the King Thor storyline that was dragged for two years with an anti-climatic ending. Like Tom Defalco's run, it had some nice Superman vibes to it, which isn't a surprise given that Jurgy was a prominent Supes writer in the nineties.
    I MASSIVELY disagree, the start of Jurgens' run was indeed very good, but it became even better as soon as Thor became king and placed Asgard on top of NYC, all the politics, religion, moral dilemmas and philosophical themes touched were amazing.

Jurgens's run was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I MASSIVELY disagree, the start of Jurgens' run was indeed very good, but it became even better as soon as Thor became king and placed Asgard on top of NYC, all the politics, religion, moral dilemmas and philosophical themes touched were amazing.
    My main issue with that storyline Is that it didn't amount to anything and didn't have any effect on the rest of the Marvel universe aside for Avengers Standoff
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Last edited by juan678; 02-28-2020 at 03:22 PM.

I don't have the courage to open that link to Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Widow looks gorgeous. Thor with that beard looks better without the helmet and metal arm.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Jurgens's run was excellent.
    Agreed, I remember reading that first issue and was blown away with how epic it felt.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

My main issue with that storyline Is that it didn't amount to anything and didn't have any effect on the rest of the Marvel universe aside for Avengers Standoff
    It gave Thor the knowledge of his actions and how they'd eventually lead him to a path that there was no turning back from, and that knowledge was touched upon further in Ragnarok and the decisions he made to end the cycle, at least that's what I got from reading it as one big book. The Reigning itself (4 issue story arc) was underwhelming, but the rest 70 issues were excellent.

It was a self contained run, and that was greatly appreciated, its events not affecting other books shouldn't be a bad point for the book, I'd even count it as an advantage, nowadays you need to be reading 4 different titles to get a complete story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Widow looks gorgeous. Thor with that beard looks better without the helmet and metal arm.
    I really don't care much about short hair thor.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    No rest for the dog it seems

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...ins-in-thor-7/

Thor #7
    Written by Donny Cates, Art by Aaron Kuder
    Cover by Olivier Coipel
    New story arc details: Something is wrong with Mjolnir… And this is a poor time for the All-Father of Asgard to lose his primary weapon. The Golden City is in chaos after Galactus' ill-timed visit, and there are new threats on the horizon. Thor needs his hammer now more than ever…and yet the Uru grows heavier with every passing day. What will it take for the God of Thunder to hang on to one of the most powerful weapons in the Multiverse?
    On sale June 2020

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thor #7
    Written by Donny Cates, Art by Aaron Kuder
    Cover by Olivier Coipel
    New story arc details: Something is wrong with Mjolnir… And this is a poor time for the All-Father of Asgard to lose his primary weapon. The Golden City is in chaos after Galactus' ill-timed visit, and there are new threats on the horizon. Thor needs his hammer now more than ever…and yet the Uru grows heavier with every passing day. What will it take for the God of Thunder to hang on to one of the most powerful weapons in the Multiverse?
    On sale June 2020
    Oh no, not Mjolnir problems again .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh no, not Mjolnir problems again .
    It's all so tiring.........