Page 56 of 179 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just fatigue after going through the Aaron storyline and Cates being a fan of Aaron's run.
    Heh, more like PTSD. I will say, characterization is a bit off, but damn....I'm drunk on Thors power.

Ahhh.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I mean, at this point....I'm not even sure if i care if the story knocks me off my feet. Thor is giving Galactus hell.

I think I just made a happy wee wee.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I mean, at this point....I'm not even sure if i care if the story knocks me off my feet. Thor is giving Galactus hell.

I think I just made a happy wee wee.
    Oh yes. Power Cosmic Thor might be more powerful than base Thanos, who only managed to briefly trip Galactus with a energy beam before teaming up with him to stop Hunger from eating the universe.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Attachment 94864

Was that a God Blast though?
    Really looking closely at the artwork in that one frame it looks a lot more like lightning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    Really looking closely at the artwork in that one frame it looks a lot more like lightning to me.
    Seems fair, Thor with a sufficiently charged bolt of lightning was able to hurt Amatzu Mikaboshi.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just fatigue after going through the Aaron storyline and Cates being a fan of Aaron's run.
    Haha... yeah, makes sense. I guess some fans would be paranoid about where Cates will take the character after those comments he made about Aaron.
    However, as per my original post about Cates clarifying that we won’t see any unworthy story. I wonder what he has planned?

Any ideas people?
    Maybe the Enchanters are back in Mjolnir again and messing around with it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Haha... yeah, makes sense. I guess some fans would be paranoid about where Cates will take the character after those comments he made about Aaron.
    However, as per my original post about Cates clarifying that we won’t see any unworthy story. I wonder what he has planned?

Any ideas people?
    Maybe the Enchanters are back in Mjolnir again and messing around with it. :-)
    The Enchanters three would be a nice idea. There are plenty of Thor villains that are underused: Replicus, Fenris, Man-Beast, Mangog, Seth.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #415 Mar 1990
    "When Gods Wear Mortal Flesh!"

Eric Masterson recalls the memory

of Thor's first banishment to Earth, in the form of Don Blake.

A semi-retrospective on Thor's career, recapping his origin.

Script by Tom DeFalco, pencils by Herb Trimpe, inks by Herb Trimpe

Agree, too many people think Thor is only capable of throwing lightning bolts at his foes.

I think he would be capable to beat the Champion of the Universe (without power gem) in a fist fight.
    even pre skip She-Hulk beat that Champion.

I'm pretty sure Thor would whoop his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

Shulkie was trained by Gamora for that match though.

BANNED

that version of she-hulk (jupiter suit) was stronger than hercules and kinda threw their arm wrestling match

honestly she was next level. Couldn't even function without a strength reducing gravity suit and was even stronger without
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-26-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Oh yes. Power Cosmic Thor might be more powerful than base Thanos, who only managed to briefly trip Galactus with a energy beam before teaming up with him to stop Hunger from eating the universe.
    Oh no arguments from me. Inconsistent as hell. I've heard Cates is known for that. I'm just happy Thor isnt getting pimp slapped all over the place by Random Bad Guy, or some such. Honestly though? Yeah, Thor even with the Odin force (his most formidable power), should not come close to Galactus. Now there's another casualty of the Marvel universe. Used to be, Galactus was truly the OG. Not so much anymore.
    ----------------------

Shulkie was trained by Gamora for that match though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    that version of she-hulk (jupiter suit) was stronger than hercules and kinda threw their arm wrestling match

honestly she was next level. Couldn't even function without a strength reducing gravity suit and was even stronger without
    oh yeah Ik.

she was OP when she trained.

superheroes should train more rather then just be OP from time to time cause writers forget how strong they are.

BANNED

oh yeah Ik.

she was OP when she trained.

superheroes should train more rather then just be OP from time to time cause writers forget how strong they are.
    with she hulk it was more a special quirk of her hulkiness
    she just trained in her regular human form and that multiplied geometrically for her other form. She went from midtier to stronger than thor/hercules while holding back massively

imagine if bruce banner trained at all and the same concept applied
    then hulk would just ping pong thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    with she hulk it was more a special quirk of her hulkiness
    she just trained in her regular human form and that multiplied geometrically for her other form. She went from midtier to stronger than thor/hercules while holding back massively

imagine if bruce banner trained at all and the same concept applied
    then hulk would just ping pong thanos
    Not if Thanks has prep time and his energy stasis rifle.