Page 55 of 179 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    This is where Loki seemingly dies in Tom Defalco's run right?
    Correct. An intricate plan by Loki involving himself, Karnilla & Mephisto (while turning both Odin & Thor into cat's paws).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-25-2020 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely Thor #390:
    That's the issue where Cap lifts Mjolnir. Also where the Captain America rules/Monica Rambeau sucks phase was at his height.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

That's the issue where Cap lifts Mjolnir. Also where the Captain America rules/Monica Rambeau sucks phase was at his height.
    Also, don't forget legendarily AWESOME artwork from Ron Frenz.

What happened to JKtheMac and CharlieHustler though?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

I think JK always said he would be leaving the thread after Aaron left.

Pretty cool, but i wish Cates would explore Thor's role as king of Asgard instead of doing another ''unworthy'' saga.
    Well, that’s no true. Cates has gone on record on Twitter to state that this isn’t another “unworthy” story as per below:

Bleeding Fool:
    “*YAWN*

Marvel's hottest #comics writer at the moment is Donny Cates. So it's more than a bit disappointing that when he took over on Thor, Cates wasted no time heading straight towards another tired "Thor Loses Mjölnir" story trope”

Cates:
    “Not even CLOSE to what's happening. I assure you, Im not THAT predictable. And I promise you....you won't see this one coming.

So, it’s definitely not going down the same path as Aaron and I can’t understand why some people would think he would after all that went on before.
    Last edited by adey040812; 03-25-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think JK always said he would be leaving the thread after Aaron left.
    I was right, he is one of those readers who care more about the writer than the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    So, it’s definitely not going down the same path as Aaron and I can’t understand why some people would think he would after all that went on before.
    It's just fatigue after going through the Aaron storyline and Cates being a fan of Aaron's run.

BANNED

Well, that’s no true. Cates has gone on record on Twitter to state that this isn’t another “unworthy” story as per below:

Bleeding Fool:
    “*YAWN*

Marvel's hottest #comics writer at the moment is Donny Cates. So it's more than a bit disappointing that when he took over on Thor, Cates wasted no time heading straight towards another tired "Thor Loses Mjölnir" story trope”

Cates:
    “Not even CLOSE to what's happening. I assure you, Im not THAT predictable. And I promise you....you won't see this one coming.

Yea i don't think he was gonna make Thor unworthy any time soon again, the arc is still gonna revolve around the hammer and i wish the hammer would just do some hammering for a few arcs and we focus on Thor himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea i don't think he was gonna make Thor unworthy any time soon again, the arc is still gonna revolve around the hammer and i wish the hammer would just do some hammering for a few arcs and we focus on Thor himself.
    Completely agree. That’s one thing that I’ll always be greateful to Mike Oeming for in his Thor Disassembled story was taking away Thor’s reliance on Mjolnir. Even though Thor became infinitely powerful with the runes and didn’t need Mjolnir he was still shown that he had been too dependent on it forever.

Another thing that bugs me about how he is portrayed by writers is that he never uses any other powers except lightning.
    No tornadoes, hurricanes, storms etc.. this needs to stop and writers ( Cates, as he’s the current writer) need to be more imaginative, end of.
    Last edited by adey040812; 03-26-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Completely agree. That’s one thing that I’ll always be greateful to Mike Oeming for in his Thor Disassembled story was taking away Thor’s reliance on Mjolnir. Even though Thor became infinitely powerful with the runes and didn’t need Mjolnir he was still shown that he had been too dependent on it forever.

Another thing that bugs me about how is portrayed by writers is that he never uses any other powers except lightning.
    No tornadoes, hurricanes, storms etc.. this needs to stop and writers ( Cates, as he’s the current writer) need to be more imaginative, end of.
    Couldnt agree more. Classic Thor alone was marvel's premier powerhouse, it just seems in earlier issues of Thor, Thor was a thinking fighter who relied as much on strategy...and esoterics... to deal with some of his less physical opponents. And whatever happened to Thor with even some measure of reaction speed? I mean, it stands to reason that someone of vast superhuman strength will be able to over come the bounds of gravity and inertia much more quickly than an average human. Yet, time and again, Thor is presented as "the Slowdinson". I hate that.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Another thing that bugs me about how is portrayed by writers is that he never uses any other powers except lightning.
    mjolnir ragnarok.jpg

Was that a God Blast though?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Couldnt agree more. Classic Thor alone was marvel's premier powerhouse, it just seems in earlier issues of Thor, Thor was a thinking fighter who relied as much on strategy...and esoterics... to deal with some of his less physical opponents. And whatever happened to Thor with even some measure of reaction speed? I mean, it stands to reason that someone of vast superhuman strength will be able to over come the bounds of gravity and inertia much more quickly than an average human. Yet, time and again, Thor is presented as "the Slowdinson". I hate that.
    Agree, too many people think Thor is only capable of throwing lightning bolts at his foes.

I think he would be capable to beat the Champion of the Universe (without power gem) in a fist fight.

BANNED

mjolnir ragnarok.jpg

Was that a God Blast though?
    it's never mentioned if it was godblast
    Normally thor goes something along the lines of "i combine my godly powers with the power of the hammer supreme"
    Maybe it's a weaker godblast since he doesn't combine anything. Maybe he doesn't need the hammer supreme. It's unknown because we've never seen him use it again and it's not described.

Maybe it's not even a godblast, just lightning
    It might just be an entirely new move since it says "thor reaches deep into himself for a strength never fully realized before"
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 03-25-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    it's never mentioned if it was godblast
    Normally thor goes something along the lines of "i combine my godly powers with the power of the hammer supreme"
    Maybe it's a weaker godblast since he doesn't combine anything. Maybe he doesn't need the hammer supreme. It's unknown because we've never seen him use it again and it's not described.

Maybe it's not even a godblast, just lightning
    It might just be an entirely new move since it says "thor reaches deep into himself for a strength never fully realized before"
    I think it's a God Blast though without Mjolnir directing it.