Page 145 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2680

I have a question! When does Thor and Blake separate from each other?

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Walt Simonson removed Blake from the equation when Odin gave Stormbraker to Beta Ray Bill. Thor had to gave up his human alter ego in order to allow Bill to transform.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Pretty good issue today, and the art remains top notch.

Don't care for the return of Thuggish Thanos at all. #NotmyThanos Another reason why it's maybe a good thing that Adam Warlock hasn't appeared in the MCU yet.

And i see that, much like with Doctor Strange, Cates needed to make nods to Aaron's stuff by bringing back the ''anyone can wield Mjolnir if they are nice guys'' nonsense.

The part with Iron Man got a chuckle out of me though.

Feels weird reading Beta Ray Bill saying the Word ''ass'' though. I don't get why modern Marvel writers are obsessed with giving a potty mouth to cosmic characters
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-16-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Don't care for the return of Thuggish Thanos at all. #NotmyThanos Another reason why it's maybe a good thing that Adam Warlock hasn't appeared in the MCU yet.

And i see that, much like with Doctor Strange, Cates needed to make nods to Aaron's stuff by bringing back the ''anyone can wield Mjolnir if they are nice guys'' nonsense.
    We don’t know that this Thanos is thuggish.
    Nor do we know that people are wielding mjolnir for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    We don’t know that this Thanos is thuggish.
    Nor do we know that people are wielding mjolnir for that reason.
    No one since 2012 has written Thanos like Starlin or Marz or Giffen. They basically wrote a angry, tanking version of Mongul who Is not smart and relies too much on brute force to deal with his foes. To say nothing of the speech pattern. His dialogue under Bendis and Lemire was pretty bad.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-16-2020 at 01:57 PM.

As far as I'm concerned Thanos's entire story begins and ends with the Infinity Gauntlet. He was never interesting before, and was certainly never interesting after. Every appearance after that series has been either a clone or he actually used the gauntlet to make himself less capable in his desire to protect the universe from his own ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned Thanos's entire story begins and ends with the Infinity Gauntlet. He was never interesting before, and was certainly never interesting after. Every appearance after that series has been either a clone or he actually used the gauntlet to make himself less capable in his desire to protect the universe from his own ambition.
    Thanos story begins in the seventies with Iron Man #55 and Captain Marvel #25-33.

Watch the Philosophy of Thanos video by Nerd Sync to see why i find the character interesting, along with Adam Warlock.

Fantastic Member

We’re not against Titans
    We’re not against Mad Titans
    But we are against those thugs (Thugs, thugs)
    It’s the Thuggish Ruggish Thanos...

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    We’re not against Titans
    We’re not against Mad Titans
    But we are against those thugs (Thugs, thugs)
    It’s the Thuggish Ruggish Thanos...
    LMAO! Good lyrics.

Donald Blake as a villain hunting people who've wielded Mjolnir?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    They separated AGAIN during the Fraction run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Donald Blake as a villain hunting people who've wielded Mjolnir?
    Getting some evil Ben Reilly flashbacks here.

At least the good lame doctor isn't a floating head in the middle of nowhere.

Do you think we should make a new Odin appreciation thread?