Page 147 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Well majority Marvel fans are X-Men, but to be fair it's not even a contest anymore that Thor will win with his All-Father's Power now.
    It's a pity that Thor and the Avengers always played second fiddle to the mutants before the MCU.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    A lot of this is Jason Aarons fault, he made Mljonir way too special for Thor and made Thor way too dependent of it, to the point where a lot of people that read/debate comics have this perception that Thor is more or less useless without it and not that Mljonir is just an extension of his own powers.

This is why i hope we move away from Mljonir, just let Thor wield it the same way Daredevil uses his batons or Captain America uses his shield, don't make a big deal out of it as if it has a life of it's own and Thor is in danger every other day of not being able to pick it up, i wanna see Thor focused stories more not Mljonir ones, i am a fan of Thor the character, not Mljonir the weapon.

It's no wonder issue 7 of Thor was the worst reviewed comic issue of last week, people are tired of the Mljonir stuff.
    Yeah, you nailed that part, we are fans of Thor, not the weapon, yes it is iconic and yes we love to see it being a powerful tool, but it doesn't go beyond that, we love it as much as Captain America fans love his shield, and when he is without it he is still a force to be reckoned with, same applies to Thor.

I have to disagree with your take on Cates' issue 7 though, I'm not going to lie, I prefer if we stopped focusing on Mjolnir, but the issue itself was actually pretty good and entertaining with many noteworthy character moments, it was especially nice to see a slower pace and Thor/BRB interacting, the issue also got solid reviews pretty much everywhere.

Astonishing Member

One thing to note is how few major Marvel characters are really in Thor’s “universe”. I feel like the Avengers video game really highlighted this.

Much of the conflict centered around SHIELD and characters that fit into that setting. Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, and Iron Man all fit well into that setting for various reasons. Thor, on the other hand, sticks out like sore thumb. None of the villains in the main story had even a remote connection to him.

It’s sad consequence of the emphasis Marvel places on his otherworldliness.

Amazing Member

I am astonished of how Al Ewing could, in a few panels, make Thor sound both wise, noble and a bit weary but also sensitive enough to ask Jen her preferences and just accepted her words. I might be a guy but it felt "real" to me.

Reading that it makes me kinda curious what kind of horror story he could do with Thor. Maybe for all the wrong reasons but I mean, maybe not as a canon tale.

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    I am astonished of how Al Ewing could, in a few panels, make Thor sound both wise, noble and a bit weary but also sensitive enough to ask Jen her preferences and just accepted her words. I might be a guy but it felt "real" to me.

Reading that it makes me kinda curious what kind of horror story he could do with Thor. Maybe for all the wrong reasons but I mean, maybe not as a canon tale.
    Are you referring to Empyre?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    One thing to note is how few major Marvel characters are really in Thor’s “universe”. I feel like the Avengers video game really highlighted this.

Much of the conflict centered around SHIELD and characters that fit into that setting. Ms. Marvel, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, and Iron Man all fit well into that setting for various reasons. Thor, on the other hand, sticks out like sore thumb. None of the villains in the main story had even a remote connection to him.

It’s sad consequence of the emphasis Marvel places on his otherworldliness.
    Thor should be otherworldy. If you humanize him too much you end up with a goofball fratboy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post

Yeah, I could actually see the relationship occuring because of that interaction.

For the poster above, it's from the recent one shot Immortal She-Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Yeah, you nailed that part, we are fans of Thor, not the weapon, yes it is iconic and yes we love to see it being a powerful tool, but it doesn't go beyond that, we love it as much as Captain America fans love his shield, and when he is without it he is still a force to be reckoned with, same applies to Thor.

I have to disagree with your take on Cates' issue 7 though, I'm not going to lie, I prefer if we stopped focusing on Mjolnir, but the issue itself was actually pretty good and entertaining with many noteworthy character moments, it was especially nice to see a slower pace and Thor/BRB interacting, the issue also got solid reviews pretty much everywhere.
    Those moments were OK but are overshadowed for me with the fact that we are once again doing a Mljonir story as for the low reviews i was just going off what the average was for that week you had sites like

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...thor-7-review/
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ne...ember-16-2020/

That didn't really give it a great review, there are other sites that gave it good reviews though, still i feel it came of as a mixed bag overall.

so what happened with that Thor x She-hulk romance

it seems every writer wants to forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

I hope so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Those moments were OK but are overshadowed for me with the fact that we are once again doing a Mljonir story as for the low reviews i was just going off what the average was for that week you had sites like

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...thor-7-review/
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ne...ember-16-2020/

That didn't really give it a great review, there are other sites that gave it good reviews though, still i feel it came of as a mixed bag overall.
    Those are actually the two sites that gave it the lowest score though, others gave it a much higher grade.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b.../thor-(2020)/7

This website compiles the reviews from all the major comic book sites.

Astonishing Member

It was never going to be more than a fling. No one would believe it otherwise.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

They're still together going by Empyre Fallout: Fantastic Four #1.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Those are actually the two sites that gave it the lowest score though, others gave it a much higher grade.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-b.../thor-(2020)/7

This website compiles the reviews from all the major comic book sites.
    Yep and that's where i got that it had the worst average reviews from, it was in the bottom 3 a couple of weeks ago, then a few more reviews got added after.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    They're still together going by Empyre Fallout: Fantastic Four #1.
    Ah yes.

Sue teased them.

Don't know why Aaron went with it without developing it.

It made Thor completely clueless about romance.