Page 157 of 179 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...do we really want to?
    I mean, I'll be the first to say I'm not the biggest fan of Aaron's Young Thor nor am I all that enthused about the Avengers BC, but it seems like the one thing he partially set up but never really did anything with.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think we're ever going to see the story of Young Thor's Avengers team that Aaron teased a few times?
    By Sigmar NO!
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Do you think we're ever going to see the story of Young Thor's Avengers team that Aaron teased a few times?
    Avengers is a dumping ground for ideas already had, so yes.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

KING IN BLACK #3 (OF 5)

Written by DONNY CATES

Art and Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

After last issue's shocking finale, the heroes of the Marvel Universe are reeling. Outgunned and outmanned, but never outdone, they unite and face KNULL, God of the Abyss, as he ensnares the planet in the darkness of his reign! Superstars DONNY CATES and RYAN STEGMAN continue to raise the game — and the stakes for the Marvel Universe in this Earth-shattering epic!

spoilers:
    oh look, Thor managed to get out from those Moons after he got his hammer back.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    spoilers:
    oh look, Thor managed to get out from those Moons after he got his hammer back.
    end of spoilers
    I'm reminded about that line (an actual line) in War of the Realms where he yells about how he's nothing without Mjolnir as it gets sacrificed into a fire.

I'm reminded about that line (an actual line) in War of the Realms where he yells about how he's nothing without Mjolnir as it gets sacrificed into a fire.
    Wasn't it just last week he proclaimed he didn't need Mjolnir and all that jazz?!? maybe no one told Aaron that.

But reading Cates take on Thor compared to Aarons I'll take Cates all day. He took no time erasing the gold arm and eye patch. I remember a podcast or something where he mentioned the arm/eye patch/beard Thor was Aarons Thor and he didn't want to write Aarons Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    But reading Cates take on Thor compared to Aarons I'll take Cates all day. He took no time erasing the gold arm and eye patch. I remember a podcast or something where he mentioned the arm/eye patch/beard Thor was Aarons Thor and he didn't want to write Aarons Thor.
    I can totally respect and appreciate that .

BANNED

Guys, give this a shot, otherwise I'll just have to drop the contest, it's getting very few votes. I'm doing the same on Comic Vine and it's getting a dozen votes per round, I thought it was going to be more active in here.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Contest/page13

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Aaron hates Thor and Editors are sloppy at their job.

News at 20.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

I do love one stark contrast between Cates and Aaron, in the last Thor issue, Thor says even without Mljonir i am still a god and in the War of the Realms Thor states he is nothing without his hammer, even in the latest Avengers issue, Thor was stuck between some Moons until he finally got his hammer back. It feels like Jason Aaron was writing a Mljonir comic all these years, not a Thor one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I do love one stark contrast between Cates and Aaron, in the last Thor issue, Thor says even without Mljonir i am still a god and in the War of the Realms Thor states he is nothing without his hammer, even in the latest Avengers issue, Thor was stuck between some Moons until he finally got his hammer back. It feels like Jason Aaron was writing a Mljonir comic all these years, not a Thor one.
    Exactly this.

Cates made it pretty clear (and Im sure it was meta-commentary) that he’s a god with or without the hammer.

I’m not sure why Aaron’s Thor got so hung up on Mjolnir. He’s lost his hammer before and even the “less serious” Thor in the movie didn’t lose his entire purpose because he didn’t have Mjolnir anymore.

I was just thinking that the whole Blake hunting down previous Mjolnir wielders/Thors in Aaron's hands would almost certainly have been used to demonise the critics of his run; I'm hoping that Cates doesn't take that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I was just thinking that the whole Blake hunting down previous Mjolnir wielders/Thors in Aaron's hands would almost certainly have been used to demonise the critics of his run; I'm hoping that Cates doesn't take that route.
    Yeah, probably. Especially after his "response" to his She-Hulk critics.

Amazing Member

I mean, and this is coming from an Open-minded Atheist/ cynical-agnostic, Aaron's pretty vocal about his atheism and how he REALLY doesn't like gods right? He's also of the era of deconstructionist writers who love/loved Alan Moore (Aaron did say that he didn't like him when Alan said something mean about something) but don't get that whenever they do something Alan Moore already did, they're just being super-edgy trying to push it further than Alan did.

I'm not saying Alan Moore is a man to look up too or not, that's not my place. But I'm saying that Aaron's been pretty open with deconstructing anything mystical he got his hands on (Strange/Thor/Odin), whilst elevating the heroes like Moon Knight or Jane. Showing that giving mortals godly powers makes them better than the gods whose power they are currently wield.

I never read Southern Bastards, my first exposure to Jason Aaron was God of Thunder who, after the previous arcs/writers since JMS where a step up when it came to showcasing Thor being a great superhero. But I NEVER thought it was as epic or clever as the JMS or say the Celestial Saga and the whole decade-long arc with Jane and the Thundergoddesses three never got better, it just introduced more things I didn't like at all. ONCE during the whole time Aaron wrote Thor did I "like" what he wrote, and that was the issue right after the GoT where Thor goes around and is a basic "Do-gooder" doing things like making a Nun question her vow of celibacy. It was fun that was the only time I saw something I genuinely "liked" about Aaron's writing when reflecting about the whole arc. I honestly can't say I understand why Aaron's been awarded and lauded for his writing, other than that the comic-book journals/companies being a closed off system of people congratulating one another, especially progressives. Because from my understanding however limited it may be (as I don't have any higher literary education) Aaron's not a good writer, he's not even a bad writer, at best I'd put him as a mediocre writer. Because, and this is the kicker, I suspect that the ONLY reason his tenure on Thor is going to be memorable isn't because it was spectacularly good. It is because it was divisive and that it angered the -right- people. As people have pointed out, especially with Jane, it was a basic Thor story but with Jane.

So, in conclusion before I start rambling on. Aaron's an edgy, mediocre writer whose Atheism is showing ALOT in what he writes, he uses his comics as a soapbox and preaches to his fans and at his detractors. I'm glad Donny Cates is changing much of Aaron's creations without actually addressing them much.