Page 12 of 179 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Donny Cates did an interview about Thor recently, the 5 main things i got from them are:

1. King Thor does have the Odinforce.

2. He'll be on the book for about five or six years.

3. Thor will get a new costume in issue 4. Will probably lose the power cosmic.

4. Knull will never show up in a Thor book.

5. Knull and the Void are not related in anyway.

Personally i was very surprised to find out that Thor has the Odinforce, i know the first issue had him talking about how he can do things he couldn't before because of some runes so i was thinking it's probably some smaller amp i wasn't expecting a full on OdinForce. Does that mean he had the OF all this time since Odin gave him the throne?

Link to the podcast http://stegmanandfriends.podbean.com/
    Cates could be creating a slight problem here.

Thor with the Odin force shouldn't have been able to be made a herald then.

Or at least in the old continuity, Odin and Galactus were close in power.

I flipped through the comic. The art is great, the whole thing is epic, but I'm not cool with the "Thor is a dick" thing. Also agree about the needless power-up.

Can't we have a writer that likes classic Thor?

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I flipped through the comic. The art is great, the whole thing is epic, but I'm not cool with the "Thor is a dick" thing. Also agree about the needless power-up.

Agree. Classic Thor managed to drag the planet sized Midgard serpent away from Earth without any particular amp. And he defeated the Juggernaut in a fist fight after removing his energy shield. Frequentely gave trouble to Hulk, destroyed a meteor as big as Chicago, and can create huge storms and earthquakes even without Mjolnir.

I'm really tired of power inconsistencies and people telling me that Thor can't do crap without the hammer.

Ever since JMS left the series there have been quite a few ''does Marvel hate Thor?'' theories on the web. So the Jobber Thor thing didn't start with Aaron.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 01-10-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post

Seems like writers think classic Thor is outdated unless it's Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like writers think classic Thor is outdated unless it's Jane.
    That's the strange thing, Jane's version is just OG Thor, the only difference is gender, but for some reason Regular Thor's personality is seen as antiquated, so they make him into an arrogant machoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    That's the strange thing, Jane's version is just OG Thor, the only difference is gender, but for some reason Regular Thor's personality is seen as antiquated, so they make him into an arrogant machoman.
    Exactly. It's very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I know, it's pretty infuriating.

Why Marvel heads hate Thor but love Jane? It's like making Mary Jane Watson a smarter and more noble version of Peter Parker. While Parker becomes a drunken moron who can't stop beating himself over the loss of his web shooters.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 01-10-2020 at 01:29 PM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

A little bit late but I’ve gotten around to reading #1 and I loved it. The art was pretty phenomenal.

Donny Cates appears on Stegman’s podcast pretty regularly and they recently talked about Thor #1. There was some cool stuff but a lot has been mentioned already. There was a couple of things I haven’t seen mentioned yet though.

Whilst Cates confirmed Thor has the Odinforce he also added that he’s "not in the business of writing the back of trading cards" and that he’ll basically be as powerful as the story calls for him to be.

He also talked a little bit about Sif. Sounds like she’ll have a bigger role than she’s had in recent years. He basically said she was Asgard’s Wolverine and would act as Thor’s "knife in the dark". Also that she’d be his conscience and wouldn’t be afraid to call him out on his BS where others might be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    A little bit late but I’ve gotten around to reading #1 and I loved it. The art was pretty phenomenal.

Donny Cates appears on Stegman’s podcast pretty regularly and they recently talked about Thor #1. There was some cool stuff but a lot has been mentioned already. There was a couple of things I haven’t seen mentioned yet though.

Whilst Cates confirmed Thor has the Odinforce he also added that he’s "not in the business of writing the back of trading cards" and that he’ll basically be as powerful as the story calls for him to be.

He also talked a little bit about Sif. Sounds like she’ll have a bigger role than she’s had in recent years. He basically said she was Asgard’s Wolverine and would act as Thor’s "knife in the dark". Also that she’d be his conscience and wouldn’t be afraid to call him out on his BS where others might be.
    Yep and that's what stoked my fears about the series, here come the wild inconsistencies that make no damn sense.

Since when was Sif like Wolverine?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Since when was Sif like Wolverine?
    Since Cates had some ideas for the run and wanted to show them off.
    Don’t judge it until we see it. It might be great.

At least Cates' honest .
    Isn't Hogun Asgard's Wolverine? Or at least as close as they can get.

I like Sif having a bigger role and being Thor's conscience. I think we could've used more of that in the Unworthy storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Agree. Classic Thor managed to drag the planet sized Midgard serpent away from Earth without any particular amp. And he defeated the Juggernaut in a fist fight after removing his energy shield. Frequentely gave trouble to Hulk, destroyed a meteor as big as Chicago, and can create huge storms and earthquakes even without Mjolnir.

I'm really tired of power inconsistencies and people telling me that Thor can't do crap without the hammer.

Ever since JMS left the series there have been quite a few ''does Marvel hate Thor?'' theories on the web. So the Jobber Thor thing didn't start with Aaron.
    Yeah, there is this notion that seems to have arisen among Thor writer's that Thor isnt physically effective without his hammer. Ragnarok was the pinnacle for me as a Thor fan in the last oohhh...20 years. If writers are going to draw from a movie, that would be the one.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Cates' honest .

Isn't Hogun Asgard's Wolverine? Or at least as close as they can get.

I like Sif having a bigger role and being Thor's conscience. I think we could've used more of that in the Unworthy storyline.
    No one cares about the Warriors Three sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Yeah, there is this notion that seems to have arisen among Thor writer's that Thor isnt physically effective without his hammer. Ragnarok was the pinnacle for me as a Thor fan in the last oohhh...20 years. If writers are going to draw from a movie, that would be the one.
    I can live without Waititi's fratboy Thor to be honest.