Page 159 of 179 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Lol, pretty much.
    Thanos: Wait that's illegal.

Bendis: Ah ah ah. Rocket Raccoon's lazer gun go pew pew and Thing goes punch punch.

Galactus: Wait that's illegal.

Cates: Ah ah ah. Thor's hammer go zap zap.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Exactly. I can get behind Thor defeating Galactus, and by defeating him I mean thwarting his goal or to stave him off somehow, but for Thor to be able to man-handle him and sh*t-talk him and then defeat him totally, even with the Power Cosmic, is crazy to me. And this is a supposed full-powered Galactus having just fed on multiple planets. If this kind of thing was done to Thor we'd have 40 pages of moaning about it, justifiably. Thor books have been bad for this in recent years, dragging Galactus in as a punching bag for Thor so he can look bigger. The Galactus seed thing, the Old King Thor vs Galactus, and this now. I love Thor, he's one of my all-time favourites, but Galactus should be so far beyond him it's not even funny. All that being said, I still enjoyed it, but the Galactus thing will forever irk me.

Like, remember when it took the combined might of the Avengers and the FF and Dr Strange to take on a severely weakened Galactus, and still all they essentially did was knock him over? We've come a long way.
    Exactly, I am a fan of both Hulk and Thor(Hulk a bit more than Thor) but when Ewing had Hulk one-shot Thor cracking his skull and then as Thor goes "By O-odin", Hulk saying "Daddy can't save you now", that was just adding insult to injury. They are meant to be rivals and Hulk not only fodderized him but had to verbally make fun of him too, i don't like that kind of writing. I do like it when characters do it to other villains like if Hulk did to Abomination or Thor did to Mangog or whatever, but to one another it's just comes of as disrespectful to the character, to the decades long rivalry and to the opposing fanbase.

And i feel even stronger when it comes to heroes doing this to villains that are meant to fight entire teams of heroes on their own, Thanos and Galactus in particular should not be fodderized by every superhero that gets a hold of some temporary steroids, at that point it makes it hard if not impossible to restore such a villain to their former glory. Tbf Thor isn't the first or the only one that's done this i was even more upset when pink form Jean just slapped Galactus on his ass... and of course that was written by Bendis, who luckily no longer is at Marvel, but funnily enough one of the first things he did when he went over to DC is write Wonder girl of all people stomping Despero in a 1v1, Bendis was even self aware how ridiculous this is because he made fun of people who pointed that he does stuff like this all the time by having Despero say "I dunno who you are, but i have bested the entire JL by myself", Wonder Girl just goes "Lol i don't care" and just KO's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Exactly, I am a fan of both Hulk and Thor(Hulk a bit more than Thor) but when Ewing had Hulk one-shot Thor cracking his skull and then as Thor goes "By O-odin", Hulk saying "Daddy can't save you now", that was just adding insult to injury. They are meant to be rivals and Hulk not only fodderized him but had to verbally make fun of him too, i don't like that kind of writing. I do like it when characters do it to other villains like if Hulk did to Abomination or Thor did to Mangog or whatever, but to one another it's just comes of as disrespectful to the character, to the decades long rivalry and to the opposing fanbase.

And i feel even stronger when it comes to heroes doing this to villains that are meant to fight entire teams of heroes on their own, Thanos and Galactus in particular should not be fodderized by every superhero that gets a hold of some temporary steroids, at that point it makes it hard if not impossible to restore such a villain to their former glory. Tbf Thor isn't the first or the only one that's done this i was even more upset when pink form Jean just slapped Galactus on his ass... and of course that was written by Bendis, who luckily no longer is at Marvel, but funnily enough one of the first things he did when he went over to DC is write Wonder girl of all people stomping Despero in a 1v1, Bendis was even self aware how ridiculous this is because he made fun of people who pointed that he does stuff like this all the time by having Despero say "I dunno who you are, but i have bested the entire JL by myself", Wonder Girl just goes "Lol i don't care" and just KO's him.
    Bendis take on Thanos really rustled my jimmies. The titan was able to defeat a evolved cosmic cube like Maker/Kosmos back in Keith Giffen's Samaritan and can outsmart entities like Inbetweener and Grandmaster, to say nothing of his fascinating professorial speech pattern. But under Bendis he becomes a saturday morning cartoon villain with shitty dialogue that gets tricked and pwned by Star-Lord and Carol Danvers (who is not even Hulk level).

Galactus' recent treatment is also awful. Stories like Silver Surfer Requiem shows that he can be a complex and sympathetic character.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Bendis take on Thanos really rustled my jimmies. The titan was able to defeat a evolved cosmic cube like Maker/Kosmos back in Keith Giffen's Samaritan and can outsmart entities like Inbetweener and Grandmaster, to say nothing of his fascinating professorial speech pattern. But under Bendis he becomes a saturday morning cartoon villain with shitty dialogue that gets tricked and pwned by Star-Lord and Carol Danvers (who is not even Hulk level).

Galactus' recent treatment is also awful. Stories like Silver Surfer Requiem shows that he can be a complex and sympathetic character.
    Yea the problem with Bendis is once he makes up his mind about a certain character being certain way he just goes with that and doesn't care about how anyone else portrayed or is even currently portraying said character. I hate his take on Hulk, because whenever he had the opportunity he would write/imagine Hulk exactly how Ultimate Hulk is, which is Hulk is just a dumb monster that wants to kill and eat everyone, i am so glad he is no longer at Marvel. Now DC have to deal with his nonsense and it's funny how he barely wrote Superman for 2 years and is getting replaced by another writer.

It's weird how Bendis hasn't written bad stories, in fact some of his stores are great like his old Daredevil run and all of his better runs tend to prefer street tier characters, which is why i have no idea why people put him so much in charge of events and powerful beings, you should keep anyone stronger than Spider-man away from him at all costs lol.

Today Chris Hewsworth instagram

Terrific first script meeting for “Thor Love and Thunder” with our ever fearless leader Taika Waititi. My notes were so detailed and intense that the only way for Taika to fully absorb them was to roll himself into a tight cocoon and bake in the endless possibilities of where the film will take us. The bloke in the background was equally riveted by my storytelling prowess.

Astonishing Member

Isn't this exactly how Starlin portrays him?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    No. Not at all. Watch the Philosophy of Thanos video by Nerd Sync.

Astonishing Member

No. Not at all. Watch the Philosophy of Thanos video by Nerd Sync.
    Of course, I always get my perspective from watching videos than developing my own opinion from reading the actual comics.

/s

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It is exactly how Starlin does it, but Starlin has a little more class than most

Bendis didn't have Thanos figuratively spitting on his foes, poor form

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Today Chris Hewsworth instagram

Terrific first script meeting for “Thor Love and Thunder” with our ever fearless leader Taika Waititi. My notes were so detailed and intense that the only way for Taika to fully absorb them was to roll himself into a tight cocoon and bake in the endless possibilities of where the film will take us. The bloke in the background was equally riveted by my storytelling prowess.

Glad they're all having fun .

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It is exactly how Starlin does it, but Starlin has a little more class than most

Bendis didn't have Thanos figuratively spitting on his foes, poor form
    I guess you are totally fine with Thanos being portrayed as stupider, weaker and less resourceful and a parody of his former self.

Well, i (and other people) don't.

Astonishing Member

I guess you are totally fine with Thanos being portrayed as stupider, weaker and less resourceful and a parody of his former self.

So basically the same egotistical character?

Ultimate Member

I like balanced characters.

Starlin's Thanos is not. He's little better than a dark Mary Sue.

That other people don't write him like that but still poorly, does not excuse Starlin's Thanos.

Thanos was great up until his death at the hands of Adam Warlock, at which point, imo, both Warlock and Thanos should have stayed dead. Starlin's Warlock run is one of the classic runs of the seventies, and Thanos playing 'good guy' ally to Warlock was a cool twist.

I'm kind of dreading the new Thor movie, knowing that Aaron has been an influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Thanos was great up until his death at the hands of Adam Warlock, at which point, imo, both Warlock and Thanos should have stayed dead. Starlin's Warlock run is one of the classic runs of the seventies, and Thanos playing 'good guy' ally to Warlock was a cool twist.

I'm kind of dreading the new Thor movie, knowing that Aaron has been an influence.
    The MCU is kinda dead for me. I'm not looking forward to really anything coming down the pike. The Dr Strange sequel, but even then I'm more worried about how Nightmare will be portrayed.