Page 112 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2680

Thor mission from the new Square Enix Avengers game:

spoilers:
    I love the Donald Blake nod.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I keep reading this, and I keep getting annoyed issue after issue.

Any story that deals with the end or final death or purpose of some character or another is just eye rolling at this point. It'll only be retconned away when another writer doesnt like it, so stop writing stories doing this. Aaron spent forever telling us about how great Thor is, and now Cates is retreading the same ground.

Yes, it is important Thor is powerful and not jobbed out all the time (which he went through a period of), but he's still just Thor. He isnt the be all and end all God with a capital G, so stop writing him that way. He should not be so far above Galactus, and as for the last page, that contradicts so much of the recent (and better) Hickman use of Galactus, I dont even want to start.

Maybe I am just being an old fuddy duddy because some hot shot new writer is writing a story about large cosmic abstracts that contradicts so much of the continuity of these characters I love and am just having a grumble because it feels disrespectful to stories and creators I, currently at least, care more about, but yeah, grumble grumble!

Can't fault the art though. Everything looks gorgeous.
    Aaron took over 24 issues just to give us a half way decent and confident Thor.

Cates has given us the same, and better, in all of one issue.

There are, IMO, a great many issues with this arc. Cates, IMO, does not handle big stories well. But I am utterly baffled as why how anyone can take issue with his bad ass Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Honestly i will be glad once Thor ditches all these power ups and starts cracking heads with his own power, he is already fairly powerful on his own, once this Black Winter stuff is done i want him to go back to being himself.
    There's a reason why, at least up until the 80's, he was viewed as a Top 2-3 "Big Gun" in the 616 alongside Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange and Hulk.

All-New Member

Your grumbles about Galactus are the same grumbles Thor fans have about his portrayal in other books. I mean just recently Thor had his ass handed to him by Moonknight who then proceeds to commandeer Mjolnir. Oh and Mjolnir is now made of moon rock. In any case I don’t see where Cates has written Thor as being far above Galactus. Have I missed something?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I keep reading this, and I keep getting annoyed issue after issue.

Any story that deals with the end or final death or purpose of some character or another is just eye rolling at this point. It'll only be retconned away when another writer doesnt like it, so stop writing stories doing this. Aaron spent forever telling us about how great Thor is, and now Cates is retreading the same ground.

Yes, it is important Thor is powerful and not jobbed out all the time (which he went through a period of), but he's still just Thor. He isnt the be all and end all God with a capital G, so stop writing him that way. He should not be so far above Galactus, and as for the last page, that contradicts so much of the recent (and better) Hickman use of Galactus, I dont even want to start.

Maybe I am just being an old fuddy duddy because some hot shot new writer is writing a story about large cosmic abstracts that contradicts so much of the continuity of these characters I love and am just having a grumble because it feels disrespectful to stories and creators I, currently at least, care more about, but yeah, grumble grumble!

Can't fault the art though. Everything looks gorgeous.
    Your grumbles about Galactus are the same grumbles Thor fans have about his portrayal in other books. I mean just recently Thor had his ass handed to him by Moonknight who then proceeds to commandeer Mjolnir. Oh and Mjolnir is now made of moon rock. In any case I don’t see where Cates has written Thor as being far above Galactus. Have I missed something?

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thor mission from the new Square Enix Avengers game:

spoilers:
    I love the Donald Blake nod.
    end of spoilers
    Why do i get the feeling Kamala is the real main character of the game?

Wait. Is Loeb one the writers!?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Or the same grumbles i had about Thanos and the GOTG.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Bring back the God Blast!
    So have you read the book yet?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

She's just an audience POV and brings the team back together (which I guess makes her the "main character" in some respects).

Loeb has nothing to do with Kamala.

she kinda is.

nah, he isn't.

the only writer we know so far is Hannah MacLeod.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    The Nið in Nidavellir means "new moon" in norse
    Low key this could be a play on words

I thought it was just a case of Aaron thinking he was being funny by 'mooning' Thor and his fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I thought it was just a case of Aaron thinking he was being funny by 'mooning' Thor and his fanbase.
    it was for sure.

BANNED

The other word for nidavellir is myrkheim, which means world of darkness
    so he was certainly throwing some shade

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Mooning or trolling?