Page 17 of 179 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Actually that's me convinced

I'm pulling it from my list and I'm not buying any more books that have Aaron's name attached

I just can't above how he writes certain groups of character
    I do the same with Bendis books.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I feel like Aaron is just writing these character different in spite of y’all lmao
    i mean yes, look at the she hulk issue
    she's just beating up trolls speaking criticism directed at him

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i mean yes, look at the she hulk issue
    she's just beating up trolls speaking criticism directed at him
    There's also the issue where Absorbing Man accuses Jane of stealing Thor's identity and that Thor is ''the manliest hero ever''.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

carol walking off the penance stare is also probably meta

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I do the same with Bendis books.
    Yep, I dropped superman after I gave man of steel a go

Not touched anything by him at DC since

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    carol walking off the penance stare is also probably meta
    LMAO! Carol is the unstoppable babyface while Thor is the jobber who exists only to show how dangerous the heels are.

BANNED

LMAO! Carol is the unstoppable babyface while Thor is the jobber who exists only to show how dangerous the heels are.
    thor's the babyface, who's very insecure about himself and if he can get his hammer up
    carol's the spiteful heel, atleast from aaron's perspective, judging by some of the dialogue and how she got checked about her being pure.

Ultimate Member

There's also the issue where Absorbing Man accuses Jane of stealing Thor's identity and that Thor is ''the manliest hero ever''.
    Not the best scene, no. But the scene with Titania best demonstrates Aaron's lack of understanding with regards to feminism. Titania knocking out Creel to give Jane props undermines her character, because that should be a victory Jane herself earns.

Feminism is about equality. And being held to the same standard as Thor, is equality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not the best scene, no. But the scene with Titania best demonstrates Aaron's lack of understanding with regards to feminism. Titania knocking out Creel to give Jane props undermines her character, because that should be a victory Jane herself earns.

Feminism is about equality. And being held to the same standard as Thor, is equality.
    And it was out of character for Titania.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And it was out of character for Titania.
    Yeah, she has no issue with impaling Shulkie with a large pipe and never went soft on her just because she is a woman.

BANNED

Yeah, she has no issue with impaling Shulkie with a large pipe and never went soft on her just because she is a woman.
    You mean to tell me Aaron disregards continuity and established characterization of certain characters just so he could shoehorn the most obvious middle finger to Thors fanbase? I am in shock, shock i tell you... Next thing you are gonna tell me is he will write She-Hulk whining about the "male gaze" and how sexualized she is all the time while simultaneously flirting with several members of her team and also gaining a new armor that looks more like a micro bikini than any kind of armor used for covering your body and protecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    You mean to tell me Aaron disregards continuity and established characterization of certain characters just so he could shoehorn the most obvious middle finger to Thors fanbase? I am in shock, shock i tell you... Next thing you are gonna tell me is he will write She-Hulk whining about the "male gaze" and how sexualized she is all the time while simultaneously flirting with several members of her team and also gaining a new armor that looks more like a micro bikini than any kind of armor used for covering your body and protecting it.
    ''male gaze'' if you are into her current ''Brawn Hilda'' form.

BANNED

''male gaze'' if you are into her current ''Brawn Hilda'' form.
    That's whats funny, he made her look monstrous, she is basically Hulk with a wig so that she can feel free and no one will sexualize her and after just a few issues he is literally sexualizing her, she is getting slimmer and slimmer and now he gave her a micro bikini that's suppose to be some advanced Wakandan armor lol. She looks like she is dressed for the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Actually that's me convinced

I'm pulling it from my list and I'm not buying any more books that have Aaron's name attached

I just can't above how he writes certain groups of character
    Good for you. I realize too, if enough readers protest in this way and sales diminish enough...maybe Marvel eventually cancels the title altogether. Suits me fine. I'd rather a Thor library be looked back upon as something that was actually fun to read, not a title used as a vehicle for a social justice crusade.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Good for you. I realize too, if enough readers protest in this way and sales diminish enough...maybe Marvel eventually cancels the title altogether. Suits me fine. I'd rather a Thor library be looked back upon as something that was actually fun to read, not a title used as a vehicle for a social justice crusade.
    Don't even go there. Please.