Page 40 of 179 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    fun moment from jms thor

https://i.imgur.com/yEHAjVa.jpg
    I love the part where he lifts Asgard above the ground after two policemen told him he's trespassing
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I love the part where he lifts Asgard above the ground after two policemen told him he's trespassing
    yeah we just talked about this a few weeks (?) ago, which prompted me to go read the run again since i read it years ago

This is the best Destroyer Armor fight ever imo.

I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    This is the best Destroyer Armor fight ever imo.

Agreed. Jurgens' run started rather solidly, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Jurgens' run started rather solidly, IMHO.
    Yes, Thanosi clone aside (no one can write Thanos well but Starlin), Jurgens was pretty good until the King Thor storyline that was dragged for two years with an anti-climatic ending. Like Tom Defalco's run, it had some nice Superman vibes to it, which isn't a surprise given that Jurgy was a prominent Supes writer in the nineties.

I've been rereading the Norse myths, this time specifically The Penguin Book of Norse Myths: Gods of the Vikings by Kevin Crossley-Holland. Though It will never replace my beloved Roger Lancelyn Green Myths of the Norsemen that I've had since childhood, it is very good and has some stories that Roger Lancelyn Green's book left out.

The Norse myths continue to be my favourite mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I've been rereading the Norse myths, this time specifically The Penguin Book of Norse Myths: Gods of the Vikings by Kevin Crossley-Holland. Though It will never replace my beloved Roger Lancelyn Green Myths of the Norsemen that I've had since childhood, it is very good and has some stories that Roger Lancelyn Green's book left out.

The Norse myths continue to be my favourite mythology.
    There's so much potential there that Thor creators could delve into. Not even the specific myths, but the world of the Norse myths are so much.. more.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    There's so much potential there that Thor creators could delve into. Not even the specific myths, but the world of the Norse myths are so much.. more.
    Would like to see more of the gloves of Thor and the belt of strenght. Also Odin's horse with eight legs.

Thor in avengers preview Aaron with Thor Cates

https://www.newsarama.com/49218-moon...long-time.html

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

I was wondering when Thor's redesign would hit Avengers, although I was hoping they'd write him out...

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

For anyone interested, Thor's been appearing in flashbacks in the last two issues of Scream: Curse of Carnage, expanding on his fight against Grendal from Cates' Venom series. So far the flashbacks have no dialogue but instead have excerpts from the tale of Beowulf to contrast the events of that story with what "actually happened".

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

By Odin's Beard! I thought Aaron finally stopped writing Thor. I think he loves trolling Thor fans. Not even Bendis and Loeb were this spiteful to their detractors.

Please mr. Aaron stop! Thor's already dead!

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #352 Feb 1985
    "Ragnarok and Ruin!"
    Surtur is in Asgard to reclaim the Eternal Flame that Odin and his brothers stole at the beginning of time.
    Surtur and Odin hurl themselves at each other, sending shockwaves throughout the Nine Worlds.
    In New York, Mr Fantastic has a plan, but it involves capturing the demon's war gate.
    Elsewhere, Roger plans on finding and putting the Casket back together to end the winter storms.
    The Human Torch leads the demons away while Roger begins work.
    Back in New York, Sif leads the Einherjar into Bill's trap,

as Tyr and Skurge lead their forces and devastate the demons.
    Meanwhile, Bill and Mr Fantastic capture

and shut down the gate.

Back in Asgard, Surtur is surprised by Odin's power and calls upon all the winters in an effort to stop Odin.
    Elsewhere, the children of Asgard have a plan to get past the Troll.
    And back on Earth, the heroes go through the gate to
    confront the demons at their entry point into the Earth dimension.
    Back in England, Roger has only one piece left, but he can't get to it, it's completely frozen in place.
    But suddenly, all the ice, snow, and cold are gone without a trace, called to Asgard by Surtur.
    But with the ice gone, the Dark Elves are loose again.
    In Asgard, Surtur has used the cold to completely imprison Odin,
    as Surtur goes to the Eternal Flame and lights the sword Twilight.
    Appearances by Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg, Mr. Fantastic, Beta Ray Bill, Sif and the Human Torch.
    Cameos by the second Captain Marvel and Storm (of the X-Men).

Script and art by Walter Simonson

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was wondering when Thor's redesign would hit Avengers, although I was hoping they'd write him out...
    Me too. I was hoping the retirement they alluded to in Thor 1 meant he'd show up every blue moon wreck ish and leave like he used to. Especially if Aaron is staying on the title for a long time like he mentioned in the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Me too. I was hoping the retirement they alluded to in Thor 1 meant he'd show up every blue moon wreck ish and leave like he used to. Especially if Aaron is staying on the title for a long time like he mentioned in the interview.
    Jason Aaron is the spiritual successor of Brian Michael Bendis.