Page 91 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Thor struck Nul to the atmosphere, that's in no way a win for Nul, not to mention he was amped, and Thor passed out afterwards due to nonstop battle even prior to his bout with Thing and Nul. However, you can replace the Nul instance with the awful Dark Cho Hulk pummeling Thor in Greg Pak's own fanboyish take after Ragnarok movie portrayed Thor as the superior Avenger and he had to make it "right" in his book.

Anyway, this isn't a Thor vs Hulk thread, we should really change subjects.
    I wonder what was Pak's reaction to Hulk not getting a rematch with Thanos in Endgame.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Iron Man's beaten the Hulk and you're right, the Thing beat the Hulk recently.

The problem though, is that both were extreme, hard to duplicate situations. When Iron Man beat Hulk, his armor was completely depowers. When Thing beat Hulk, Grimm's arm was broken and his skin torn off completely.

You're right, Hulk is very strong. Easily the strongest there is. And yet, for some reason, when Earth's Mightiest Heroes fight Hulk, they always try to overpower him physically.

Hell, their last fight was the best example of the PIS that always favors Hulk. Sunshine turns Hulk back into Banner, so what do the Avengers do? They use a kill sat that ca only be used once. No real tactics or teamwork, just running into his fists head first, one at a time.

Don't get me wrong, Ewing's Hulk is God damn amazing. One of the best series in the last ten years, easily. But he, like most every Hulk writer before him, uses PIS to allow the Hulk to roam free
    And that's fine because both Ironman and Thing are not on Hulk or Thors level, so while it's possible for them to beat Hulk, it would be like one of those 1 in 10 or 1 in 100 situations and that's perfectly fine.

Probably because most of Earths mightiest heroes are strength based as well. Thor, Hercules, Wonder-Man, Iron-man, Thing, Namor, etc... one of their main attributes is strength.

I don't see how that's any kind of example of PIS, the satellite wasn't first meant to be used at all because of it's destruction, it destroyed hundreds if not thousands of homes. Fights are rarely about actual teamwork, most characters just jump into a fight to do what they can, Tony blasted Hulk with his Hulkbuster, T'challa lobotomized him, She-Hulk punched him because that's what she does, this isn't anything unique or exclusive to Hulk and there are instance of characters using actual teamowrk on him and still not putting him down like in Agents of Atlas or Hulk smash Avengers, etc...

The writers don't use PIS for Hulk to roam free and they don't need to, they already put a safety net that allows Hulk to roam free which is his healing factor and anti-hax abilities. People who know little about Hulk always assume everyone attacks him just physically which is far from the case, it's one of the reasons why Hulk out of any other hero out there including Thor and Superman has feats of resisting all kinds of hax abilities like absolute zero, molecule manipulation, transmutation, de-evolving, time manipulation, space manipulation, reality warping, resistance to telepathy, soul manipulation, resistance to all kinds of poisons and toxins, energy draining, psi-draining, etc... It's Hulks resistance to all these things that make him an extremely hard opponent to put down, not because writers don't use "teamwork" against Hulk or anything silly like that. In Ewings first interview regarding Hulk back when he was doing Avengers No Surrender, he said he strongly believes Hulk can beat any hero 1v1 and that it's only a challenge if you throw an entire group against him, then you have a proper fight, he has been pretty consistent with that throughout and that's one writers perspective on it, someone might have another one.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 05-16-2020 at 11:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I wonder what was Pak's reaction to Hulk not getting a rematch with Thanos in Endgame.
    He was probably disappointed like any Hulk fan. Hulk has been getting shafted more than anyone in the MCU solely because Marvel doesn't own the rights to his solo movies so they put him on the sideline as much as they can.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    And that's fine because both Ironman and Thing are not on Hulk or Thors level, so while it's possible for them to beat Hulk, it would be like one of those 1 in 10 or 1 in 100 situations and that's perfectly fine.

Probably because most of Earths mightiest heroes are strength based as well. Thor, Hercules, Wonder-Man, Iron-man, Thing, Namor, etc... one of their main attributes is strength.

I don't see how that's any kind of example of PIS, the satellite wasn't first meant to be used at all because of it's destruction, it destroyed hundreds if not thousands of homes. Fights are rarely about actual teamwork, most characters just jump into a fight to do what they can, Tony blasted Hulk with his Hulkbuster, T'challa lobotomized him, She-Hulk punched him because that's what she does, this isn't anything unique or exclusive to Hulk and there are instance of characters using actual teamowrk on him and still not putting him down like in Agents of Atlas or Hulk smash Avengers, etc...

The writers don't use PIS for Hulk to roam free and they don't need to, they already put a safety net that allows Hulk to roam free which is his healing factor and anti-hax abilities. People who know little about Hulk always assume everyone attacks him just physically which is far from the case, it's one of the reasons why Hulk out of any other hero out there including Thor and Superman has feats of resisting all kinds of hax abilities like absolute zero, molecule manipulation, transmutation, de-evolving, time manipulation, space manipulation, reality warping, resistance to telepathy, soul manipulation, resistance to all kinds of poisons and toxins, energy draining, psi-draining, etc... It's Hulks resistance to all these things that make him an extremely hard opponent to put down, not because writers don't use "teamwork" against Hulk or anything silly like that. In Ewings first interview regarding Hulk back when he was doing Avengers No Surrender, he said he strongly believes Hulk can beat any hero 1v1 and that it's only a challenge if you throw an entire group against him, then you have a proper fight, he has been pretty consistent with that throughout and that's one writers perspective on it, someone might have another one.
    Writers use PIS. The Ewing situation basically had all the Avengers line up, one after the other, to get punched. And they have to resort to a one shot weapon, at a time when a simple UV lamp would have turned him back into Banner. And the next issue implied that Hulk threw the fight simply to test his limits.

Oddly enough, Captain Marvel, who could absorb gamma, was kept out of the fight. I imagine the next major fight with Creel was why.

I'm not saying that Hulk would be an easy fight. But 95% of the time, all his foes try to overpower him because PIS.

I mean, why has Thor never focused on attacking Hulk's joints? Do we really think that T'Challa and Stark couldn't create a sun-lamp?

BANNED

Writers use PIS. The Ewing situation basically had all the Avengers line up, one after the other, to get punched. And they have to resort to a one shot weapon, at a time when a simple UV lamp would have turned him back into Banner. And the next issue implied that Hulk threw the fight simply to test his limits.

Oddly enough, Captain Marvel, who could absorb gamma, was kept out of the fight. I imagine the next major fight with Creel was why.

I'm not saying that Hulk would be an easy fight. But 95% of the time, all his foes try to overpower him because PIS.

I mean, why has Thor never focused on attacking Hulk's joints? Do we really think that T'Challa and Stark couldn't create a sun-lamp?
    Would it be any different if they all attacked him at the same time? Like it's happened in dozens of Hulk fights before? Even with weaker versions like here

were still fine from a combined attack.

The problem is they had no idea UV lamps alone would have been enough, they were not even sure the UV satellite would do it either. Hulk didn't exactly threw the fight but he let them dissect him to test the extent of his own healing factor.

Captain Marvel can't really absorb gamma forcibly from others, besides Rogue tried that already in No Surrender and it didn't work.

How is trying to overpower Hulk PIS? What are they suppose to do with him? Challenge him to a game of chess?

LOL, what would attacking Hulks joints do? He has fought with broken bones before, he has fought with missing body parts and whose joints has Thor attacked, he is not a martial artist interested in delivering precision strikes. I mean i like Thor but lets be real despite thousands of years of fighting experience he fights like a buffoon 98% of the fights and just hammers people however he can. They did make a sunlamp they just didn't know if any of it would work, this was still all a theory not a proven fact at the time.

This is getting really off topic, but i just don't understand your position, could Ewing have co-ordinate the fight better? Yea he could, but if you look at his comics he really isn't that much of an action guy, he is more interested in telling stories rather than write a well choreographed fight, which isn't to say what he did was PIS it's just that Hulk dealt with the Avengers far too quickly before they could really pull something off, literally every single one of them was beaten in a single hit, again not a fault of Ewings just that Immortal Hulk was that strong and morals off at the time which helps a lot in his case.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 05-16-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Thor forgets more than half of his power when he fights the Hulk with Godblast and Anti-Force blast being the one that can one shot him.

remember when he said that he will go all out against Cho Hulk???

he destroyed one tree LFMAO.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-16-2020 at 02:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Thor forgets more than half of his power when he fights the Hulk with Godblast and Ant-Force blast being the one that can one shot him.

Anti-force was tanked by guys like Gladiator and Kang so i really doubt it would one-shot Hulk. As for Godblast it's not an easy ability to pull off, not only has Thor used it literally a handful of times in his existence he usually needs to prep for it and use chants and concentrate, so it's not really something he can do unless his opponent allows him to and he hasn't used it since 2004 anyway, so once again this is hardly a Hulk problem.

Well neither destroyed much, despite Dark Cho being in a "worldbreaker" form he didn't even level the city he was in, judging fights by collateral is silly, Molecule Man hit Beyonder with the power to destroy billions of dimensions and he didn't even destroy the house they were inside of.

Ultimate Member

Would it be any different if they all attacked him at the same time? Like it's happened in dozens of Hulk fights before? Even with weaker versions like here

were still fine from a combined attack.

The problem is they had no idea UV lamps alone would have been enough, they were not even sure the UV satellite would do it either. Hulk didn't exactly threw the fight but he let them dissect him to test the extent of his own healing factor.

Captain Marvel can't really absorb gamma forcibly from others, besides Rogue tried that already in No Surrender and it didn't work.

How is trying to overpower Hulk PIS? What are they suppose to do with him? Challenge him to a game of chess?

LOL, what would attacking Hulks joints do? He has fought with broken bones before, he has fought with missing body parts and whose joints has Thor attacked, he is not a martial artist interested in delivering precision strikes. I mean i like Thor but lets be real despite thousands of years of fighting experience he fights like a buffoon 98% of the fights and just hammers people however he can. They did make a sunlamp they just didn't know if any of it would work, this was still all a theory not a proven fact at the time.

This is getting really off topic, but i just don't understand your position, could Ewing have co-ordinate the fight better? Yea he could, but if you look at his comics he really isn't that much of an action guy, he is more interested in telling stories rather than write a well choreographed fight, which isn't to say what he did was PIS it's just that Hulk dealt with the Avengers far too quickly before they could really pull something off, literally every single one of them was beaten in a single hit, again not a fault of Ewings just that Immortal Hulk was that strong and morals off at the time which helps a lot in his case.
    T'Challa blinds Hulk by cutting out his eyes, then Thor breaks Hulk's knee caps with his hammer, keeping on the pressure so that the bones don't heal correctly, hobbling Hulk. Stark keeps Hulk off balance with sonics and flares, etc.

Hulk has a healing factor, yes. But as Speedfreak demonstrated twice, that can be to Hulk's own disadvantage.

Basically, all heroes in Hulk's weight class decide that muscle and nothing else, no passive aggressive tactics, rarely any teamwork, is the only way to deal with the strongest guy around. How is that not PIS?

Anti-force was tanked by guys like Gladiator and Kang so i really doubt it would one-shot Hulk. As for Godblast it's not an easy ability to pull off, not only has Thor used it literally a handful of times in his existence he usually needs to prep for it and use chants and concentrate, so it's not really something he can do unless his opponent allows him to and he hasn't used it since 2004 anyway, so once again this is hardly a Hulk problem.

Well neither destroyed much, despite Dark Cho being in a "worldbreaker" form he didn't even level the city he was in, judging fights by collateral is silly, Molecule Man hit Beyonder with the power to destroy billions of dimensions and he didn't even destroy the house they were inside of.
    Gladiator is pretty strong LOL and Anti-Blast killed Mangog from inside out.

the last time he used Godblast was back during Dan Jurgens run to down a Sky-Mother long enough so that Odin can take his power back.

so yeah, he can do it quickly.

when he used it against a Celestial, it took longer since he used his belt+hammer which broke btw.

so yeah, he still forgets to use half of his power.

let's not forget he can fly, use winds, lightning.

as for destroying part, it was written by the same writer iirc who made nerfed Thor to cut a huge slice on a planet then in the next when he says he doesn't hold back anymore, he actually does worse than he did against the first time he fought Cho.

so yeah, Thor always forgets more than half of his power when fighting the Hulk and mostly resorts to punches and hammer strike.

not saying that Hulk is weak or anything but I'm pretty certain that Thor with his power set would handily win.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-16-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Who do you guys think Cates will sue as the major villain in his run ? I am really hyped, he said his plans for Thor are his biggest yet in Marvel, and he's already done a bunch of crazy things, so I'm excited to see what he does.
    hm hard to pick something bigger than the current one.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Thor forgets more than half of his power when he fights the Hulk with Godblast and Anti-Force blast being the one that can one shot him.

I thought the Godblast and Bolt of Anti-Force were the same thing.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Gladiator is pretty strong LOL and Anti-Blast killed Mangog from inside out.

the last time he used Godblast was back during Dan Jurgens run to down a Sky-Mother long enough so that Odin can take his power back.

so yeah, he can do it quickly.

when he used it against a Celestial, it took longer since he used his belt+hammer which broke btw.

so yeah, he still forgets to use half of his power.

let's not forget he can fly, use winds, lightning.

as for destroying part, it was written by the same writer iirc who made nerfed Thor to cut a huge slice on a planet then in the next when he says he doesn't hold back anymore, he actually did worse than he did against the first time he fought Cho.

so yeah, Thor always forgets more than half of his power when fighting the Hulk and mostly resorts to punches and hammer strike.

not saying that Hulk is weak or anymore but I'm pretty certain that Thor with his power set would handily win.
    Gladiator is pretty strong but he still lost to a weakened Hulk. The key words being INSIDE OUT.

Yes, that was in 2004.

No he can't, in that same issue Zelia literally stood in place staring at him as he was summoning the power and chanting, that wasn't quickly and if you wanna be literal all it did was blow a hole in her torso, Hulk has survived that as well on his feet.

It took longer in several other instances as well, also against the Celestial it literally broke his hammer because it was too much for it to handle.

He doesn't forget, writers forget or don't care to write it.

I don't think he forgets lightning that often or flying, winds are cool and all but not that useful against most strong opponents, more useful against someone like Sandman.

He did worst the second time because he wasn't fight regular Cho Hulk, but Dark Cho Hulk, who almost broke a Moon by throwing a temper tantrum.

How many times has Hulk used thunderclap against Thor? Zero times, despite it being his signature move, so do you think it's because he forgets to use it or the writer forgets or doesn't care to use it?

Depends on which Hulk honestly, Immortal Hulk for instance can get almost completely vaporized and it's still not enough to keep him down, although i don't think it's impossible for Thor to win, he probably wont take the win more often then not, against regular Hulks, sure.

BANNED

They are different, God blast uses his life energy into the attack. Anti-force uses the powers of lightning, wind, etc.. combined into one blast.

Anti-Force is an energy channeled via his hammer.

Godblast channels his inner God energy which can kill immortals.

Gladiator is pretty strong but he still lost to a weakened Hulk. The key words being INSIDE OUT.

Yes, that was in 2004.

No he can't, in that same issue Zelia literally stood in place staring at him as he was summoning the power and chanting, that wasn't quickly and if you wanna be literal all it did was blow a hole in her torso, Hulk has survived that as well on his feet.

It took longer in several other instances as well, also against the Celestial it literally broke his hammer because it was too much for it to handle.

He doesn't forget, writers forget or don't care to write it.

I don't think he forgets lightning that often or flying, winds are cool and all but not that useful against most strong opponents, more useful against someone like Sandman.

He did worst the second time because he wasn't fight regular Cho Hulk, but Dark Cho Hulk, who almost broke a Moon by throwing a temper tantrum.

How many times has Hulk used thunderclap against Thor? Zero times, despite it being his signature move, so do you think it's because he forgets to use it or the writer forgets or doesn't care to use it?

Depends on which Hulk honestly, Immortal Hulk for instance can get almost completely vaporized and it's still not enough to keep him down, although i don't think it's impossible for Thor to win, he probably wont take the win more often then not, against regular Hulks, sure.
    I completely disagree with everything but I won't bother with discussing it since we will go in circles.

ofc we are human so disagreement ain't bad.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-16-2020 at 03:47 PM.

btw, I'm not trying to say that Hulk is weak or anything but the fights with the Hulk is always filled with PIS and CIS.

Thor's power set (powerful lightning, winds, Godblast 100% that can knock down a Sky-Father level being, Anti-Force) goes beyond Hulk's physical might and thunderclaps.

Hulk is stronger but not more powerful and their fights usually end in a simple brawl cause writers can't write a proper fight.

some writers also tend to write Thor useless without the hammer as shown in CM vs Thor.

so either writers are going by that old saying from CA who said that Thor always holds back (1/3 of his power) when he is fighting mortals or writers have no clue about Thor.

but yeah, this is way off topic so this is my last respond to the matter.

anyone wonders how Galactus and Thor will beat this new threat???
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-16-2020 at 03:47 PM.