Page 156 of 179 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    One could argue that being a fan of Aaron's Thor would include respecting his ending for the character, in which he put things back together.
    Although Aaron really didn't do that much putting things back together aside from giving Thor Mjolnir back and retaking his name. It took Cates to restore Thor's arm and face.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Given how Waititi turned Surtur into a chump and a walking joke on the Generic Doomsday Villain trope i don't mind Mangog being left out of the MCU.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post

Given how Waititi turned Surtur into a chump and a walking joke on the Generic Doomsday Villain trope i don't mind Mangog being left out of the MCU.
    I feel this about almost any character still safely existing only in the comics. Surtur was godawful, as was most anything relating to Asgard. Dormammu a goofy nothing burger, I'm sure Nightmare will share the same fate. I don't even want to think about how bad a MCU Namor would be.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

People complain at how boring the second movie was, at least Malekith proved to be worth having in the film. I felt so bad for Hela, and the Executioner reduced to the jokes they became.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I feel this about almost any character still safely existing only in the comics. Surtur was godawful, as was most anything relating to Asgard. Dormammu a goofy nothing burger, I'm sure Nightmare will share the same fate. I don't even want to think about how bad a MCU Namor would be.
    I'm surprised more people don't give them flack for how they handled Dormammu after cloud monster Galactus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    People complain at how boring the second movie was, at least Malekith proved to be worth having in the film. I felt so bad for Hela, and the Executioner reduced to the jokes they became.
    Executioner, yeah, aside from getting his death moment recreated. Hela at least got to drop some bodies even if she wasn't a true Goddess of Death like in the comics.

Load of Thor stuff on sale in comixology this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised more people don't give them flack for how they handled Dormammu after cloud monster Galactus.

Executioner, yeah, aside from getting his death moment recreated. Hela at least got to drop some bodies even if she wasn't a true Goddess of Death like in the comics.
    Because the MCU can do no wrong.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Dark world was a mess and Malekith was pretty dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I don't even want to think about how bad a MCU Adam Warlock would be.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Jane Foster is there obviously, and Dani Moonstar. I see what seems to be a movie synergy Valkyrie - the same one from Exiles? And one more I don't recognise.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jane Foster is there obviously, and Dani Moonstar. I see what seems to be a movie synergy Valkyrie - the same one from Exiles? And one more I don't recognise.
    Looks like the last one is probably https://comicvine.gamespot.com/hildegarde/4005-33091/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    it's Hildegarde.
    Last edited by GodThor; 10-13-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Do you think we're ever going to see the story of Young Thor's Avengers team that Aaron teased a few times?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think we're ever going to see the story of Young Thor's Avengers team that Aaron teased a few times?
    ...do we really want to?