Page 37 of 179 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Unless i understood wrongly, according to Cates, Absolute Carnage is the highest selling comic book trade ever, outsold even Watchmen. It doesn't seem like he was referring to a specific month but in general.
    Even if he said that, it doesn't make sense. It's impossible that a new book outsells Watchmen in just one month, as Marvel is not able to release so many copies in the same month.

Also, in the tweet I read, Cates mentioned that Thor #1 was the most sold comic book of January, and Absolute Carnage was the most sold collection...of January. Maybe he made a joke about being the most sold collection in history, but it doesn't even make sense. How many millions copies has Watchmen sold so far? Absolute Carnage probably sold some thousands

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Even if he said that, it doesn't make sense. It's impossible that a new book outsells Watchmen in just one month, as Marvel is not able to release so many copies in the same month.

Also, in the tweet I read, Cates mentioned that Thor #1 was the most sold comic book of January, and Absolute Carnage was the most sold collection...of January. Maybe he made a joke about being the most sold collection in history, but it doesn't even make sense. How many millions copies has Watchmen sold so far? Absolute Carnage probably sold some thousands
    He could be trolling, Thor was the second most sold book of January, also i saw in another post that it sold over a million copies very quickly, but yea that doesn't make much sense, i guess we will wait and see. Either way he has amassed quite a cult following so far.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I’m liking Cates so far. Aaron’s spin was a bit jolting but I nevertheless enjoyed it. I’m probably ready for a bit more cerebral Thor at this juncture however one can’t argue with this writing .... Attachment 93329

Indeed, the golden age of craft ale!
    Are you Thor god of mead?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Can Hulk defeat Mangog if they meet?

I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Can Hulk defeat Mangog if they meet?

I didn't watch the video, but to answer your question, it depends on the writer, anyone can beat anything if the writer wants it so.

Now if we were to guess who would win in a battle forum setting, Mangog more than likely, he seems to operate on a much higher level than Hulk in terms of durability and damage output and seeing as he feeds of hate, Hulks anger is likely to just keep amping him further.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I’m liking Cates so far. Aaron’s spin was a bit jolting but I nevertheless enjoyed it. I’m probably ready for a bit more cerebral Thor at this juncture however one can’t argue with this writing .... Attachment 93329

Indeed, the golden age of craft ale!
    This makes me want to ask...can someone confirm how much mead is mentioned in Cates' run so far?

BANNED

Mangog would beat the crap out of Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me want to ask...can someone confirm how much mead is mentioned in Cates' run so far?
    Nothing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Mangog would beat the crap out of Hulk
    It's a pity Mangog never appeared during Simonson and Defalco runs.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In Thor nr 1 he does spill a whole bunch of it though. I assume it's mead. Though I'd say it's an appropriate setting for mead.

Amazing Member

Lol now when I think about it. Aaron made light of two subjects during his stint.

Depression and Alcohol abuse.

Both used with Thor Odinsson for comedic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    Lol now when I think about it. Aaron made light of two subjects during his stint.

Depression and Alcohol abuse.

Both used with Thor Odinsson for comedic effect.
    Depression and alcohol abuse caused by nonsensical reasons. Actually he made light of three subjects: Depression, Alcohol and Jobbing

BANNED

Of course Thor gets possessed in Valkyrie so that we can have the excuse of him being a "bad guy" and now we wait for the explanation as to how or why Jane will beat/save him...

Also one weird thing, the Thor in Valkyrie is still the pre-Cates design yet in the covers it's the current design, deceptive marketing. I guess anything just to sell more copies of the dying Valkyrie comic.

how far can Thor throw the hammer in his "cosmic" form?

Can Thor "invent" hammers now with his added OdinPower and cosmic energy?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how far can Thor throw the hammer in his "cosmic" form?

Can Thor "invent" hammers now with his added OdinPower and cosmic energy?
    I doubt it. Thor hasn't done anything with the Odin Force he supposedly wields right now. Makes you wonder why they even bothered. Not sure if the power cosmic can be used in such a manner.

On paper? Probably.