Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I am gonna give this time but what i personally did not like was spoilers:
    Thor being a herald, that can work as a short mini-series but being the main driving force behind a new series is kinda sketchy to me, it basically makes everything Thor does void if he is gonna get the power cosmic now, Thor doesn't need it he is powerful enough on his own... i guess anything beats him jobbing so i guess i will give it time.
    end of spoilers

The book was a good read.

but i dislike what galactus did. it was unnecessary amd thor does not need external amps.
    Then theres the stuff with the hammer that just brings Aaron vibes.

plus i was looking for ward to seeing more of sif, Balder and Volstagg, a cosmic adventure will most likely leave them out of the picture again.

lets see how issue 2 plays out, but i already feel my hope slip away.
    Last edited by Del torro; 01-01-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    spoilers:
    so heavily weakened Galactus can regrow Thor's arm but Odin and Thor with full Odinforce can't????
    end of spoilers
    I think everyone at Marvel is unaware of the Odinforce at this point.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Also is anyone else getting Fraction Thor vibes from this? I felt like Thor was a bit of a jerk towards Loki and to those heralds who didn't appear hostile to him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Also is anyone else getting Fraction Thor vibes from this? I felt like Thor was a bit of a jerk towards Loki and to those heralds who didn't appear hostile to him at all.
    Fraction started the trend of writing Thor like a boorish barbarian. Gillen was the last good Thor writer. I never had great expectation for Cates take on Thor to be honest.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I think everyone at Marvel is unaware of the Odinforce at this point.
    LoL true.

it seems the only thing OF does this days is to increase your lightning attacks LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    LoL true.

it seems the only thing OF does this days is to increase your lightning attacks LMAO.
    They days of Odin being a walking deus Ex machina are long gone.

Happy New Year to the God of Thunder .

I loved it.
    I’m glad Thor has gone in a slightly different direction than normal. Yes, Thor is a herald level character and has power on a level that most characters don’t have but seeing him as _____________________________________ is interesting. I thought his characterisation was fine. Yes, he was a bit harsh on Loki but it’s part of their love-hate relationship to interact as they do.
    Also, as much as I love Thor, Odin etc I’d always put the big G above Odin in terms of sheer power. G is a fundamental force of the entire universe which means he should be far above Sky Gods. Of course Odin can compete with him at full power but G should be depicted as a few levels above Earth Gods.

As for Thor’s new look I watched the trailer to Empyre earlier and there is a picture of Thor with a slight different look to this costume. Maybe it’s the artists interpretation but there are too many changes for it to be error prone to this costume.

It’s been a great start to the New Year and decade for Thor imo.

Cates has done it again! Really liked that twist at the end and look forward to seeing where issue two goes.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Ultimate Member

Did guys see the preview pages for the next issue?

Looks like Thor is getting a major power up. At least for now.

BANNED

I wonder if the arm and the eye growing back is permanent or he will go back to his previous look once he loses the cosmic power.

Now thor should be stronger than Galactus or at least as powerful as Cosmic ghost rider.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

He got the power cosmic from Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I bought the director’s cut and it had a preview page as you said. Looked good.

Yep, I think it’ll only be for this 5 issue arc. But I’m wondering if this Black Winter story will continue beyond this 5 issue arc, because if it doesn’t then it will seem a bit short.
    Also, if you watch the Empyre trailer you’ll see Thor wearing a tweaked version of this costume.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Yep, I think it’ll only be for this 5 issue arc. But I’m wondering if this Black Winter story will continue beyond this 5 issue arc, because if it doesn’t then it will seem a bit short.
    Also, if you watch the Empyre trailer you’ll see Thor wearing a tweaked version of this costume.
    i hope they do this. i like the new look, but i dont like the power cosmic aspect. its unnecessary. and with the way writers dont know how to scale things, its a matter of time till another writer on another book has this Thor show up to get knocked out by Namor or colossus or something silly like that.