Page 114 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    The damage Is still fresh and Aaron's name Is in my book of grudges. Then things are gonna get really ugly when Love & Thunder comes out.
    Agreed. And if hes still writing Thor in Avengers, I personally am concerned. Hes a petulant child.

As far as Love and Thunder, you wonder what exactly is Marvel's message here?

Let's see...

Emasculating Thor and turning him into a drunken redneck = modern feminism.

I mean, is that the message? Should just be peachy.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Agreed. And if hes still writing Thor in Avengers, I personally am concerned. Hes a petulant child.

Let's see...

That wasn't even in the movie. It was Hemsworth and the film makers that made that call.

You don't have project your issues with "feminism" onto a situation where that isn't the case.

We should wait until Love and Thunder and sees what happens there.

Let's see...

Love and Thunder can't be worse than comic Jane.

as long as Thor doesn't give up his own name to her and that she doesn't control hammer better than him then it will be a master piece compared to what they did in the comics.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

as long as Thor doesn't give up his own name to her and that she doesn't control hammer better than him then it will be a master piece compared to what they did in the comics.
    I'm pretty pessimistic about this. I bet MCU Jane Is gonna be more powerful than Hulk, Thor and Thanos combined.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 06-26-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That wasn't even in the movie. It was Hemsworth and the film makers that made that call.

You don't have project your issues with "feminism" onto a situation where that isn't the case.

Agreed.

Hell, they might have had fat Thor, but they completely undid Aaron's 'unworthy' arc in one scene, having Thor summon his hammer and still be worthy despite his depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm saying, I'm anticipating bad from the upcoming movie.

I'm not. I'm saying if the movie adopts the same stance Jason Aaron did with unworthy Thor in the comic book, we will be in for more of the same.

And if that comes to be, then what is the message? That male characters be portrayed as losers with addiction issues?

I'm not hopeful.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I'm pretty pessimistic about this. I bet MCU Jane Is gonna be more powerful than Hulk, Thor and Thanos combined.
    I wouldnt be surprised at all.
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed.

Hell, they might have had fat Thor, but they completely undid Aaron's 'unworthy' arc in one scene, having Thor summon his hammer and still be worthy despite his depression.
    To be honest, I think they only had that so Cap could wield the hammer. It really didn't seem to have a dramatic impact on Thor's character after they all came back because he was still kind of a stumbling joke.

And then he just gives Valkyrie rule over what's left of Asgard because apparently there wasn't a point to him finally becoming king in the first place.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I think they only had that so Cap could wield the hammer. It really didn't seem to have a dramatic impact on Thor's character after they all came back because he was still kind of a stumbling joke.

And then he just gives Valkyrie rule over what's left of Asgard because apparently there wasn't a point to him finally becoming king in the first place.
    And that's why i was never impressed with the MCU version of the asgardian mythos
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

And that's why i was never impressed with the MCU version of the asgardian mythos
    I think it tells you how much the MCU was invested in the Asgardians that they blew up Asgard and then made a joke about it.

Astonishing Member

Imo the use of Thor in endgame was a shameful mess, as was hulk

I found it interesting that these two characters in particular were rendered inert power wise for the end of the infinity story

Particularly considering they were the highpoint on avengers first film

I am not in any way convinced Thor will come off well in Thor 4, I'm likely skipping it's initial release till I know what goes on in it

But tbh I've lost a lot of interest in the next phase of marvel filns, there's not much I'm looking forward too after I felt about how endgame (and war to a lesser extent) used several characters

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Imo the use of Thor in endgame was a shameful mess, as was hulk

I found it interesting that these two characters in particular were rendered inert power wise for the end of the infinity story

Particularly considering they were the highpoint on avengers first film

I am not in any way convinced Thor will come off well in Thor 4, I'm likely skipping it's initial release till I know what goes on in it

But tbh I've lost a lot of interest in the next phase of marvel filns, there's not much I'm looking forward too after I felt about how endgame (and war to a lesser extent) used several characters
    I think the Russo's scaled down all the Avengers' heavy hitters. I mean, look how quickly they take out or do nothing with Vision in all of their movies. It's like they're trying to avoid using the most powered members as much as possible, aside from making sure Carol gets a scene of her owning Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

*book marks this quote then sets reminder in smart phone for "Love and Thunder" release date*

IDK, I wish I had your positive outlook on the whole thing. But I still feel like I just got back from 'Nam (in a manner of speaking).
    ----------------------

*book marks this quote then sets reminder in smart phone for "Love and Thunder" release date*

IDK, I wish I had your positive outlook on the whole thing. But I still feel like I just got back from 'Nam (in a manner of speaking).
    ha I'm done with MCU pretty much.

Infinity Arc was the one I was waiting for and now I'm done.

Anyone remember back last October they announced a new line of prose novels. Yesterday was a new announcement about the line and Thors corner has two books in the first line up.
    https://aconytebooks.com/press-relea...e-novel-range/

Here are the relevant parts:

Our new range is made up of four exciting strands…

Legends of Asgard: Set in the legendary realm of Asgard and rich in Norse-inspired mythology, these fantastical stories celebrate heroism, adventure, fate, honor, and myth. Raise a flagon of ale and enjoy tales of the extraordinary exploits of heroes and heroines from the Ten Realms.

THE HEAD OF MIMIR by Richard Lee Byers

[Legends of Asgard] The young Heimdall must undertake a mighty quest to save Odin – and all of Asgard – in the first heroic fantasy novel set in Marvel’s incredible Legends of Asgard.

It is a dark time for Asgard. The Allfather is trapped in a bewitched Odinsleep, inspiring an all-out assault from the Frost Giants. They evade the gods’ defenses with uncommon ease as if guided by augury. Heimdall, a quick-witted young warrior still finding his place amongst Asgard’s defenders, believes it no coincidence that Odin lies enchanted and that the Giants are so well-informed. Sneaking into Odin’s inner chambers, he discovers that the severed head of Mimir, a great source of wisdom, is missing. Accompanied by his sister, Lady Sif, Heimdall must quest across the Ten Realms to retrieve it, lest mighty Asgard fall.

Pub Date: Oct 6th, 2020

THE SWORD OF SURTUR by C L Werner

[Legends of Asgard] The God of War must explore a terrifying realm of eternal fire to reclaim his glory, in this epic fantasy novel of one of Odin’s greatest heroes.

Tyr, God of War and elder brother of Thor, embarks on a quest to seal his place at Odin’s side. Spurred on by loyal young Bjorn Wolfbane and the bewitching Lorelai, the trio set out to steal a sliver of Twilight, the sword of the fire giant Surtur, who will one day bring about Ragnarok and destroy Asgard. But the fiery realm of Muspelheim is fraught with volcanic trolls, lava Kraken, and Surtur’s brood of murderous warriors. Tyr must overcome both his own feelings and the motives of his allies, or risk triggering the apocalypse and cursing his name forever.

Pub Date: Dec 1st, 2020