Page 128 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Good for him for trying, I say. That’s what writings about, right?
    The GOTG are still recovering from some of the damage from Bendis run. I honestly like what Ewing Is currently doing with the team though.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I really don't understand why Thor needed spoilers:
    Mjolnir to summon lightning in Empyre #2.
    end of spoilers

I might be nitpicking but still...
    Current writes think he needs it to actually use his powers? Even though he doesn't?

Aaron made it confusing to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Current writes think he needs it to actually use his powers? Even though he doesn't?

Aaron made it confusing to begin with.
    LOL very true.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    The GOTG are still recovering from some of the damage from Bendis run. I honestly like what Ewing Is currently doing with the team though.
    Yeah Ewing is killing it. Nice blend of the new and pre-Bendis stuff.

Know its off topic but how has Nova been in GotG? He's about the only reason I'd buy the book. I like a lot of the characters that're showing up there, but Nova is the guy who'd make it an instant purchase if he's getting treated right.

Just to make it more Thor related; did anyone enjoy Asgardians of the Galaxy? I've been thinking about grabbing the trade. There's no Thor in that, is there?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Know its off topic but how has Nova been in GotG? He's about the only reason I'd buy the book. I like a lot of the characters that're showing up there, but Nova is the guy who'd make it an instant purchase if he's getting treated right.

Just to make it more Thor related; did anyone enjoy Asgardians of the Galaxy? I've been thinking about grabbing the trade. There's no Thor in that, is there?
    I think Rich Rider Is getting a decent treatment under Ewing.

The one thing i liked about AotG Is Kevin Masterson aka Thunderstrike Jr.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

DONNY CATES (W) • AARON KUDER (A) • Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    FRANKENSTEIN’S THOR HORROR VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Variant Cover by Nic Klein
    Thor Timeless Variant Cover by ALEX ROSS
    YOU GET A MJOLNIR, AND YOU GET A MJOLNIR, AND…
    Everyone gets a hammer! That’s right — come on down to Broxton, Oklahoma, and pick up Mjolnir for yourself! The famed hammer of the Thunder God is free for the taking…no worthiness required???
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

Of course... the Hulk covers get me hyped up and the Thor covers have to bring me down...

Thor is the Oprah Winfrey of comics.

"You get a hammer and you get a hammer and you get a hammer...."

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

DONNY CATES (W) • AARON KUDER (A) • Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    FRANKENSTEIN’S THOR HORROR VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Variant Cover by Nic Klein
    Thor Timeless Variant Cover by ALEX ROSS
    YOU GET A MJOLNIR, AND YOU GET A MJOLNIR, AND…
    Everyone gets a hammer! That’s right — come on down to Broxton, Oklahoma, and pick up Mjolnir for yourself! The famed hammer of the Thunder God is free for the taking…no worthiness required???
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I am enthused about virtually nothing in this solicit .

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Of course... the Hulk covers get me hyped up and the Thor covers have to bring me down...

Thor is the Oprah Winfrey of comics.

"You get a hammer and you get a hammer and you get a hammer...."
    No one knows how to write Thor without Mjolnir shenaningans anymore

BANNED

You guys need to relax, it's a freaking solicit, at least wait til the story is out to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    You guys need to relax, it's a freaking solicit, at least wait til the story is out to complain.
    I mean, that's fair, but there isn't really much in the solicit to talk about otherwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, that's fair, but there isn't really much in the solicit to talk about otherwise.
    It's just that one second we are praising the last issue of Cates then the next second we're condemning him because of a solicit, if we keep up like that the Thor fandom is just going to be seen as toxic and no one will want to touch the character.

I get the wounds from Aaron are still too fresh, especially because he is still damning the character in Avengers, believe me I know, but we have to be a little more flexible with the current book and let it play out before judging it, especially from a solicit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I think Rich Rider Is getting a decent treatment under Ewing.

The one thing i liked about AotG Is Kevin Masterson aka Thunderstrike Jr.
    I expected nothing less from Ewing. That guy is legit one of my favorite writers. I'd kill to get him on Superman. Well I suppose I'll be getting the trade if Rich is treated well. Does he have a solid role, or is it more just cameo appearances?

And if Thunderstrike was the best thing about AotG it sounds like a book I might not want to bother with.....does no one have anything to say in its defense, or was it just not good?

As for that solicit, we've known something weird was going on with Mjolnir since issue 1. I'd rather get into it now, wrap it up, and get away from the "hammer's broken" concept as quickly as possible. But Cates has entertained me so far and given me the badass, capable Thor I missed so I'm not gonna decry this as a horrible story months before the issue even comes out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    It's just that one second we are praising the last issue of Cates then the next second we're condemning him because of a solicit, if we keep up like that the Thor fandom is just going to be seen as toxic and no one will want to touch the character.

I get the wounds from Aaron are still too fresh, especially because he is still damning the character in Avengers, believe me I know, but we have to be a little more flexible with the current book and let it play out before judging it, especially from a solicit.
    I mean, I haven't read much of Cates' Thor to really praise him one way or another. All I have to go off of is that he's giving Thor feats, his personality still needs some work, and Thor has a better design now. But I just can't find myself enthused about what that solicit is talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And if Thunderstrike was the best thing about AotG it sounds like a book I might not want to bother with.....does no one have anything to say in its defense, or was it just not good?
    I think it's a book that relies on some familiarity with the characters involved but it's a solid team book overall.
    As for that solicit, we've known something weird was going on with Mjolnir since issue 1. I'd rather get into it now, wrap it up, and get away from the "hammer's broken" concept as quickly as possible. But Cates has entertained me so far and given me the badass, capable Thor I missed so I'm not gonna decry this as a horrible story months before the issue even comes out.
    I'm not so much assuming the quality of the storyline as just being entirely tired of the premise.