Page 129 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I haven't read much of Cates' Thor to really praise him one way or another. All I have to go off of is that he's giving Thor feats, his personality still needs some work, and Thor has a better design now. But I just can't find myself enthused about what that solicit is talking about.

I'm not so much assuming the quality of the storyline as just being entirely tired of the premise.
    I can't blame you for that. I'm tired of it myself. I think I'm more happy about the fact that we seem to be getting right to it, instead of it being dragged out longer. Sooner we get to this, sooner we're past it. But I definitely didn't have "more hammer problems" on my list of plots I want to see. Honestly, I'd half forgotten about it, between publishing delays and how little it's played into the story so far. And I'm happy that, at least so far, it looks like Cates will do a better job than Aaron ended up doing, so if we gotta have this plot again at least it won't be badly written. But I feel you on not wanting to see the troupe again.

As for Thor's costume...I like it, but I miss the beard. Thor's too pretty (again).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As for Thor's costume...I like it, but I miss the beard. Thor's too pretty (again).
    I think Thor works better as more of a pretty boy. Admittedly Aaron has given me a lot of negative connotations towards a bearded Thor but he looks more serious and godlike now than he did with a beard for the past few years.

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree, you uncultured philistine. (kidding, obvs)

Pretty boy Thor makes me feel like he's trying to sell me shampoo or is competing in some Bachelor style reality show or something. Bearded Thor looks like a rain-drenched, lighting throwing viking god who will smite your ass while screaming "Nay!"
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree, you uncultured philistine. (kidding, obvs)

Pretty boy Thor makes me feel like he's trying to sell me shampoo or is competing in some Bachelor style reality show or something. Bearded Thor looks like a rain-drenched, lighting throwing viking god who will smite your ass while screaming "Nay!"
    To me he feels like a slobby, mead-obsessed, frat boy, but I'm probably letting the past era color my opinion too much .

I dunno, there's something regal and pristine about clean-shaven Thor that just does it for me. I prefer that to emphasizing the viking-aspect.

Well, did you have a problem with bearded Thor before Aaron? If not then it's just recent history coloring your perceptions. If so then you're just some anti-beard communist.

~ Black Panther.

Well, did you have a problem with bearded Thor before Aaron? If not then it's just recent history coloring your perceptions. If so then you're just some anti-beard communist.
    I mean, I was fine with Hemsworth and late Simonson Thor, but I never particularly loved it.

Admittedly, I'm not big on beards in general .

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

If you think about it beards have pretty much constantly represented times when Thor's life was in the dumps or something was wrong with him. The first time he was depicted with a beard was the Simonson, where he grew it to cover up the scars Hela left on his face and then has to deal with her curse upon him. He then shaves it off near the beginning of DeFalco's run.

He wouldn't grow his beard out again until Jurgen's run where he only does so after being split into two separate beings: Thor and Jake Olson (causing him to lose touch with humanity) and then having to ascend to the throne after Odin's death. Noticeably during this time, when Jake Olson, representing Thor's better half, manages to transform into another Thor using Amora's mirror, he's clean-shaven. And after the Jurgen's run ends with the King Thor from the Reigning traveling back in time and merging Thor and Jake back into a single being to avert his future, Thor petty much immediately shaves as he's clean-shaven in the very next issue.

Thor wouldn't grow a beard again until Aaron's run where it was yet another sign of him being a depressed, drunken wreck.

To me it isn't even just the 'unworthy' bearded run that makes me dislike it. It's all the OTHER times he's been Bearded. Hela Cursed armor Thor... Eric Masterson.... and then added on years of unworthy frat boy... and it has become fixed in my head that 'beard = weak broken Thor.' Any time they want him to be the full powered God of Thunder and Prince of Asgard... the first thing he does is go back to clean shaven. Whenever they want to show he's not 'really himself' or some 'lesser' version of himself.... he grows that beard.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    To me it isn't even just the 'unworthy' bearded run that makes me dislike it. It's all the OTHER times he's been Bearded. Hela Cursed armor Thor... Eric Masterson.... and then added on years of unworthy frat boy... and it has become fixed in my head that 'beard = weak broken Thor.' Any time they want him to be the full powered God of Thunder and Prince of Asgard... the first thing he does is go back to clean shaven. Whenever they want to show he's not 'really himself' or some 'lesser' version of himself.... he grows that beard.
    Hey. I loved the armor of Simonson's run. I thought it was a badass ''mid-season upgrade'', like Mejingjord the belt of strenght.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Hey. I loved the armor of Simonson's run. I thought it was a badass ''mid-season upgrade'', like Mejingjord the belt of strenght.
    Sure, it looked cool... but it still existed because he had brittle bones and could die the next time he joined battle.

Honestly, i still love classic iconic Thor look. The one who can go toe to toe with anyone and anything WITHOUT armor. I tend to rank armor right up there with the beard. It diminishes him. Thor the God of Thunder does not need paltry armor... unless he's weaker than he should be.

Ultron_5384.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Me too. Always imitated, but never duplicated:
    Sure, it looked cool... but it still existed because he had brittle bones and could die the next time he joined battle.

Honestly, i still love classic iconic Thor look. The one who can go toe to toe with anyone and anything WITHOUT armor. I tend to rank armor right up there with the beard. It diminishes him. Thor the God of Thunder does not need paltry armor... unless he's weaker than he should be.

Ultron_5384.jpg
    I love it, as well. Classic Thor is power personified:

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. Always imitated, but never duplicated:

I love it, as well. Classic Thor is power personified:

Jim Shooter was great on Avengers.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Ultron_5384.jpg
    To this day I am massively disappointed we didn't get this moment in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    If you think about it beards have pretty much constantly represented times when Thor's life was in the dumps or something was wrong with him.
    Huh, I suppose that's true. I hadn't noticed that. Well, can't hold it against anyone who doesn't favor the beard considering that history.

I still think he looks better with the beard though.

I of course have a bias. My own beard is a thing of masculine beauty and us bearded men don't often get representation in comics. We're just the villains or broken men of the story, never the hero.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

After looking at those few panels...what are some of the most badass Thor moments?? Let’s see ‘em.