Page 132 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    if you haven't seen it before ...

Now if you DON'T know that's supposed to be the king of the gods, it looks kinda bad ass, but know that's Odin it just doesn't work. It would be like showing a picture of Superman with a katana trying to look fierce.
    Just like when Bandis wrote Thanos with a laser gun. That was infuriating.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

man, CBR articles are sometimes so funny.

Ultimate Member

That was more of a recap than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Aaron's pet will never go away huh?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

What would be a top five story directions or changes you'd like to see in a future Thor book. If you were about to helm a new series, what what be the first thing(s) you would do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    99% of CBR articles are absolute crap without common sense or logic, seriously, this website is good for news, but whenever there'a an opinion article, it usually sucks, big time.

More to the point of the article, it's a shame Thor doesn't get much respect in this website by its writers, it's not the first one I've seen that made me want to puke, I mean look at the title it's ridiculous, you'd never see an article titled "Why Conner Kent is better than Superman" or "Why Barbara Gordon is better than Batman" or "Why Bucky is better than Steve Rogers".
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 08-08-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    99% of CBR articles are absolute crap without common sense or logic, seriously, this website is good for news, but whenever there'a an opinion article, it usually sucks, big time.

More to the point of the article, it's a shame Thor doesn't get much respect in this website by its writers, it's not the first one I've seen that made me want to puke, I mean look at the title it's ridiculous, you'd never see an article titled "Why Conner Kent is better than Superman" or "Why Barbara Gordon is better than Batman" or "Why Bucky is better than Steve Rogers".
    Thor was a b-list character for a long time and doesn't have the pop culture respect ''shield'' of Superman and Batman sadly.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 08-09-2020 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    What would be a top five story directions or changes you'd like to see in a future Thor book. If you were about to helm a new series, what what be the first thing(s) you would do?
    Give him back the beard.

I don't know what I'd want to do with Thor if Marvel said "Ascended, you're a smart and articulate guy, would you write the Odinson's book for us?" But I'm fascinated by the political elements of the Nine Realms and how those cultures have evolved and changed since the original Norse myths and how Marvel Cosmic has been woven into their narratives.

I'd probably try to do a kind of "political thriller in space" run. I'm not through with my coffee so the brain isn't working yet but I'm thinking I might start the whole thing off with an assassination attempt on the All-Father during some big godly meeting or something.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post

More to the point of the article, it's a shame Thor doesn't get much respect in this website by its writers, it's not the first one I've seen that made me want to puke, I mean look at the title it's ridiculous, you'd never see an article titled "Why Conner Kent is better than Superman" or "Why Barbara Gordon is better than Batman" or "Why Bucky is better than Steve Rogers"
    couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't know what I'd want to do with Thor if Marvel said "Ascended, you're a smart and articulate guy, would you write the Odinson's book for us?" But I'm fascinated by the political elements of the Nine Realms and how those cultures have evolved and changed since the original Norse myths and how Marvel Cosmic has been woven into their narratives.
    you mean Ten Realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    1. We get rid of Jane. She's not Thor, she's not a Valkyrie. She's just gone. Dead. I suppose I can throw people a bone and give her a noble sacrifice ending.
    2. Reveal there's been some secret mastermind in the past few years subtly manipulating people, somebody big and important. Mephisto. Sattanish. Dormmamu. Grandmaster. Something we can blame out of character attitudes on.
    3. Thor starts dressing like an actual superhero again. Typically Thor's look is a midway between superhero and Viking. Most of his more "realistic" looks have swung more towards viking. Let's get him more superhero again.
    4. Thor needs a secret identity again. It doesn't have to be Donald. It doesn't have to be Jake. He just needs a mortal form to ground him.
    5. Asgardians in spaaaccceeee! Let just temporarily make Asgard a place in space rather than it's own dimension and see what happens when it has to deal with things like the Shi'ar, Skrulls, Ego, and all that ... and how the universe reacts when it has to deal with them.

6. (because I feel like giving you that little bit extra) Thor goes to Heaven. I don't want this to be either a Christianity is the real religion or Christianity sucks, I just want to present it as an option of something that's out there. Let Thor interact with some actual Angels. Heck, let Thor has a buddy that's an Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Just like when Bandis wrote Thanos with a laser gun. That was infuriating.
    Except Thanos has used a gun before.

I know this is somewhat petty and selfish, and I apologize in advance for that, but just once I want to see Thor do something that conclusively showcases him surpassing Jane in one form or another. Definitively concluding why he's Thor instead of Jane just because she couldn't wield the hammer anymore.

Spectacular Member

Just finished Mjolnir's Song(#380) and wow. Fucking epic. That's all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Except Thanos has used a gun before.

That was a unique prototype he only used against an insane and amped Thor because he couldn't quickly subdue him phisically.