Page 136 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2680
    Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

So I read Thor #6... and my opinion is mixed

spoilers:
    The issue starts with the Silver Surfer visiting Thor in his throne room, months after the battle with the Black Winter has ended, seeking to find out what happened and what's up with a "new addition" to the Bifrost. Apparently Thor has been in seclusion and hasn't talked about what happened to anyone.

Then the book goes back to just after last issues cliffhanger, Galactus attacks the Black Winter while claiming it's lying, while the Black Winter says it never lies and they made a deal and he's here to collect. Galactus asks Thor to aid him but Thor refuses and blast him with lightning before telling him to stay down. Galactus tries to reason with Thor by saying they are the only thing standing between the Black Winter and the destruction of the universe but Thor counters that he's the only thing standing between the Black Winter and Galactus and they have a short fight before Thor absorbs all his power. Thor then sentences Galactus to death for all the lives he's taken and injures him to the point where Galactus is near skeletal. The Black Winter intervenes and wants to just take Galactus and leave, but Thor says Galactus still serves him yet. The Black Winter wants to know what purpose Thor could possibly still have Galactus serve and Thor tells him: "a bomb".

Thor then uses Galactus to unleash "the full might of the immeasurable Power Cosmic, the bleeding life fore of a universal constant, the energy of a hundred, thousand devoured worlds. All of it unleashed by a god made king." into a blast so powerful that galaxies away children awaken to the sound of thunder.

In the aftermath of the blast nothing is left of Galactus except empty armor and the Black Winter is reduced to a single black snowflake, but before he dies says Thor has accomplished nothing and offers him a glimpse of his upcoming death to which Thor agrees.

Back to the present, where we find out the Bifrost's addition is that Thor has made Galactus' helmet part of it, and the Silver Surfer asks Thor what the Black Winter showed him, Thor gets a haunted look on his face and then we get a double-page spread of Thanos, wielding Mjolnir with the Infinity Gems embedded in it in his right hand while his left hand is apparently wearing Knull's gauntlet and he's standing in front of an army of zombie versions of various heroes. But Thor only tells Norrin he saw "Darkness. And nothing else".

As I said my reception of the issue is mixed, I'm not a fan of what Cates has done with Galactus and still don't like the retcon to his origin, but this issue doesn't actually confirm the Black Winter was telling the truth and the narration does refer to Galactus as a universal constant so who knows whats actually going on. While it's nice to see Thor get a massive win and actually uses his energy absorbing powers again after the last few years, the death of the Black Winter was anti-climatic and I'm not a fan of killing off Galactus or making his helmet part of the Bifrost.

And I'm sick to death of Thanos so the tease of seeing him again doesn't hold much appeal.
    end of spoilers

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The guy piss me off. Ruined my favorite character and also Thor, who's in my top 5.

Btw, I've seen Thor #6 spoiler cover. People will freak out...In many different ways.
    Who's your favorite character?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post

spoilers:
    The issue starts with the Silver Surfer visiting Thor in his throne room, months after the battle with the Black Winter has ended, seeking to find out what happened and what's up with a "new addition" to the Bifrost. Apparently Thor has been in seclusion and hasn't talked about what happened to anyone.

Then the book goes back to just after last issues cliffhanger, Galactus attacks the Black Winter while claiming it's lying, while the Black Winter says it never lies and they made a deal and he's here to collect. Galactus asks Thor to aid him but Thor refuses and blast him with lightning before telling him to stay down. Galactus tries to reason with Thor by saying they are the only thing standing between the Black Winter and the destruction of the universe but Thor counters that he's the only thing standing between the Black Winter and Galactus and they have a short fight before Thor absorbs all his power. Thor then sentences Galactus to death for all the lives he's taken and injures him to the point where Galactus is near skeletal. The Black Winter intervenes and wants to just take Galactus and leave, but Thor says Galactus still serves him yet. The Black Winter wants to know what purpose Thor could possibly still have Galactus serve and Thor tells him: "a bomb".

Thor then uses Galactus to unleash "the full might of the immeasurable Power Cosmic, the bleeding life fore of a universal constant, the energy of a hundred, thousand devoured worlds. All of it unleashed by a god made king." into a blast so powerful that galaxies away children awaken to the sound of thunder.

In the aftermath of the blast nothing is left of Galactus except empty armor and the Black Winter is reduced to a single black snowflake, but before he dies says Thor has accomplished nothing and offers him a glimpse of his upcoming death to which Thor agrees.

Back to the present, where we find out the Bifrost's addition is that Thor has made Galactus' helmet part of it, and the Silver Surfer asks Thor what the Black Winter showed him, Thor gets a haunted look on his face and then we get a double-page spread of Thanos, wielding Mjolnir with the Infinity Gems embedded in it in his right hand while his left hand is apparently wearing Knull's gauntlet and he's standing in front of an army of zombie versions of various heroes. But Thor only tells Norrin he saw "Darkness. And nothing else".

As I said my reception of the issue is mixed, I'm not a fan of what Cates has done with Galactus and still don't like the retcon to his origin, but this issue doesn't actually confirm the Black Winter was telling the truth and the narration does refer to Galactus as a universal constant so who knows whats actually going on. While it's nice to see Thor get a massive win and actually uses his energy absorbing powers again after the last few years, the death of the Black Winter was anti-climatic and I'm not a fan of killing off Galactus or making his helmet part of the Bifrost.

And I'm sick to death of Thanos so the tease of seeing him again doesn't hold much appeal.
    end of spoilers
    I agree...
    spoilers:
    It’s great to see Thor use this kind of power and it’s also good to see him be a more commanding person who doesn’t take anything from anyone. As much as I like the showcase of powers, I wish these writers would show different variations of Thor’s power instead of lightning blasts all the time, it just comes across as generic to me.

I can see people being pretty pissed about the way Cates handled Galactus in this arc, at times, he just came across as an annoying spoilt brat who had their toys taken away from them. Yes, the ending was a little bit of an anti-climax too. It would have been better if the relationship between Galan and the Black Winter was shown a bit more. As for the death of Galactus, that was probably inevitable from the beginning of the arc, but it just seemed to be wrapped up very quickly, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Comics have been plagued with too much decompression over the years that it’s a nice change of pace to actually have some stories resolved quickly, but, this arc possible could have been an issue or two more after the Black Winter’s arrival.

As far as that vision is concerned? I hope it’s not true. I’m also fed up to the back teeth of seeing Thanos, Infinity Gems and Marvel Zombies. It would have been better if we had someone like Michael Korvac or another obscure cosmic heavyweight in Thor’s vision. But it’s rinse and repeat Thanos again.
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

i hope cosmic-powered thor gets to continue. he should be going up against intergalactic dictators.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope cosmic-powered thor gets to continue. he should be going up against intergalactic dictators.
    That would be nice for a change. But he’ll be going all earthbound in the next arc.

ok Thor 6; but new miniserie with Fantastic Four and Galactus begining
    https://www.gamesradar.com/fantastic...form-galactus/

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    ok Thor 6; but new miniserie with Fantastic Four and Galactus begining
    https://www.gamesradar.com/fantastic...form-galactus/
    I’d guess this is set in the past as Reed doesn’t have his beard, the costumes are their classic ones, SS is his old self.
    If it is in present continuity then something isn’t right.

Spectacular Member

A severed head, with his mind living in a dream world after his body was turned into a henchman for Amora. Matt Fraction’s run was ****.
    I actually liked that Fraction put Don Blake to rest. His run was terrible because of the horrible characterizations of Thor and Odin (which, unfortunately, continued well past Fraction). He had some interesting stories, although the dream one had some significant weaknesses.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Read Thor #6. Loved it! Respect Thor!

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    yeah, I didn't like this issue much as well.

Thor is a badass but that's it.

spoilers:
    the stuff with Infinity Mjolnir or whatever would have been better if it isn't Thanos.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-19-2020 at 10:49 AM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    It all seems a little...over-indulgent to me.

I'm feeling a the same sentiment as others. Just seeing Thor go all-out, that's great. He feels like a king and doesn't take crap from anyone, Galactus, Black Winter, whatever. But there were cliches here. Don't mind who the surprise villain was (as an aside, I liked that set up. You'd think the Black Winter would give Thor "dark" visions. I was thinking Thor would end up in some inky blackness or some such.)

For me the cliche was spoilers:
    the death of Galactus. I feel like I've read Galactus dying or being reborn or being off the table for the past 20 years or so
    end of spoilers. Seriously thought "again?" when I read it.

Overall, seeing Thor be badass is great. Don't mind the other elements, but feel like been on this roller coaster before.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 08-19-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

I loved the issue, Thor was so freaking badass, my only complaint is the Galactus retcon, I don't like it but I'm also sure there will be more to it revealed later, maybe the Black Winter was actually lying or something. Also, don't get the complaints about Thanos being used, I am hyped to see Thanos being the main villain, should be good.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I loved the issue, Thor was so freaking badass, my only complaint is the Galactus retcon, I don't like it but I'm also sure there will be more to it revealed later, maybe the Black Winter was actually lying or something. Also, don't get the complaints about Thanos being used, I am hyped to see Thanos being the main villain, should be good.
    Agreed on everything. Also, I expected more from the Black Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Thanos just feels overused, especially with this writer.