Page 137 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I loved the issue, Thor was so freaking badass, my only complaint is the Galactus retcon, I don't like it but I'm also sure there will be more to it revealed later, maybe the Black Winter was actually lying or something. Also, don't get the complaints about Thanos being used, I am hyped to see Thanos being the main villain, should be good.
    Marvel needs to stop using Thanos as a thuggish villain. He's a cunning scientist that can outsmart the Grand master for Odin's sake.

His story ended a long time ago and he's best left on Starlin's hands. Thanos' best stories aren't about being a goth tinged death and destruction but about metaphysical philosophy.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

So.... there’s no way this Galactus revised origin will stick. There have been far too many books detailing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thanos just feels overused, especially with this writer.
    Let's not kid ourselves, this is clearly another Thanosi clone who has only the memories of pre-gauntlet Thanos. I'm sorry, this doesn't mean the next issues are gonna be bad, i'm just saying that of you are not Starlin or Giffen you are writing about a clone with intellectual deficiency.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Cates has always said Thanos Wins was a huge story in what he planned to be his time at Marvel, with hints of what was to come thrown in there. Perhaps this is where we see Silver Surfer Black becoming worthy? Or something similar, at least?

I didn't like what they did to Galactus here. It feels just... pointless edginess.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Cates has always said Thanos Wins was a huge story in what he planned to be his time at Marvel, with hints of what was to come thrown in there. Perhaps this is where we see Silver Surfer Black becoming worthy? Or something similar, at least?
    I'm tired of seeing badly written versions of one of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I didn't like what they did to Galactus here. It feels just... pointless edginess.
    Welcome to Cates comics.

Loved Thor's bad-assery but the vision made me groan. I am so sick of Thanos and if this is the endgame then it just turns me off of this whole run.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I'm tired of seeing badly written versions of one of my favorite characters.
    Okay?
    10 char.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Yeah, I'm afraid i am out.

As I've said before, Thor is a god, he is not meant to be THE god. He's too powerful, which is funny, as I used to moan he was jobbed out too much! He should be below Galactus, who just got wrecked for nothing but a cheap retcon.

Maybe Cates will have an endgame that will make all this fit, but right now, nah. No thanks.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

His story ended a long time ago and he's best left on Starlin's hands.
    Starlin needs to be kept away from Thanos too.

Pretty much the only story he tells is that Thanos is the most power or most important being in the multiverse and then he gets the new McGuffin of ultimate power before giving it up. In between that he stands around talking about how deep and profound he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Starlin needs to be kept away from Thanos too.

Pretty much the only story he tells is that Thanos is the most power or most important being in the multiverse and then he gets the new McGuffin of ultimate power before giving it up. In between that he stands around talking about how deep and profound he is.
    And those are the best Thanos stories. 1. Thanos Quest 2. Infinity Gauntlet 3. Marvel The End 4. 1970's Adam Warlock. 5. Epiphany/Samaritan.

If you don't like the character that's fine but i prefer Thanos to be a magnificent bastard strategist and cosmic philosopher thank you very much.

Starlin's problem is he became stale after the nineties.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 08-19-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Starlin's problem is he became stale after the nineties.
    That is exactly my point.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

This whole Galactus storyline has been absolutely godawful and so disrespectful to Galactus as a character, I can't wait until it's ignored and retconned. I thought Cates had redeemed himself with Silver Surfer: Black, but now it's clear to me that much like the Slot/Allreds Silver Surfer series, the driving force for the story for that miniseries was the artist in Tradd Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    no clue LOL.

just terrible.
    Here’s my issue with people currently hating on what Aaron is doing with Thor and Moon Knight in the Avengers book right now:

So Khonshu is skyfather level, right? Usually the gods that have the ability to super power other individuals are on the Odin/Zeus level generally speaking. So why is it so crazy to think that because of some crazy cosmic event, the biggest super moon in a million years, that Khonshu could super-charge Moon Knight up? By the time he fought Thor, he had his super-charged powers from Khonshu, along with the powers of Dr. Strange, Iron Fist and Ghost Rider. I personally think that it’s great. Thor’s my second favorite character in comics...next to Wolverine. But it doesn’t mean that I think that he doesn’t occasionally need to be humbled. And here’s the thing: Thor wasn’t the only one humbled by Moon Knight. ALL of the Avengers were...including Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider. I actually think that Thor’s at his best when he’s in over his head...and he reaches deep and rallies to the occasion. No one rallies like Thor rallies. I’m all for this current insanity going on in Avengers...and I’m sure that Thor will have a great showing by the time it’s all said and done
    Last edited by Pharoahe22; 08-19-2020 at 05:18 PM.