Page 141 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2680
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    There's obviously more to Galactus and Black Winter than what we've seen so far, I'm sure they'll come back and this will be solved, this retcon won't last and it'll be undone and explained within the same run, we comic book fans in general are unforgiving, we were praising Cates one issue ago and suddenly one retcon and the board is against him. Let the man finish his story. Besides, the issue is getting remarkable reviews everywhere, this Galactus stuff won't last, there's more to it and to the Black Winter, just enjoy the ride.
    Exactly.

Both the Black Winter and Galactus leave some ominous words that would suggest something is coming down the pipeline concerning those two.

The last print issue of Jane Foster: Valkyrie had an extra page that wasn't in the digital version - revealing that Jane will be involved in King in Black and the writers aren't done with the character. Jason Aaron says we'll get more details soon.
    https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/statu...05695383142401
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The last print issue of Jane Foster: Valkyrie had an extra page that wasn't in the digital version - revealing that Jane will be involved in King in Black and the writers aren't done with the character. Jason Aaron says we'll get more details soon.
    Jason Aaron is Jane Foster's number 1 fan and yet he ignores she has a husband and a son.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Jason Aaron is Jane Foster's number 1 fan and yet he ignores she has a husband and a son.
    Had, past tense. Their deaths were revealed in Jane's last issue as Thor.

Odd she never related to Volstragg about the death of a child, when he was War Thor...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Had, past tense. Their deaths were revealed in Jane's last issue as Thor.

Odd she never related to Volstragg about the death of a child, when he was War Thor...
    Odd that Thor never confronted his friend Volstagg when he was on a rampage.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Odd that Thor never confronted his friend Volstagg when he was on a rampage.
    The fact that Jane Foster, who has probably known Volstagg for only a few months, was more effective in getting through to him than someone who'd known him for centuries...just felt off.

And the whole moral conflict with those Musphelheim babies just felt kind of silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    no doubt she will make Thor look like some school boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The fact that Jane Foster, who has probably known Volstagg for only a few months, was more effective in getting through to him than someone who'd known him for centuries...just felt off.

And the whole moral conflict with those Musphelheim babies just felt kind of silly.
    Thor was just there to get floored by Volstagg while Jane talk no jutsu him.
    Last edited by GodThor; 08-24-2020 at 09:50 AM.

I think Thor should stay far away from Fortnite. And videogames in general.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    no doubt she will make Thor look like some school boy.

Thor was just there to get floored by Volstagg while Jane talk no jutsu him.
    Sometimes, i'm glad Sam Alexander is a boy because i can call him a crappy pet character that makes my favorite characters look bad without running the risk of me being called a he-man woman hater.

Sometimes, i'm glad Sam Alexander is a boy because i can call him a crappy pet character that makes my favorite characters look bad without running the risk of me being called a he-man woman hater.
    I wasn't part of the Jane hate club but her latest issue was a joke. I not a fan of how she was able to overcome enemy while all of the other Asgardians were taken over and how simply used her omni-weapon to imprison this "all-power" anti-life darkness. Aaron needs to be barred from user Thor and his characters. Did he forget his own storyline where he set Thor to be the All-Father? But I guess the way he wrote Odin, he would have fell to Khonshu and the Rokkva whatever.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I think that I am done with Donny Cates and Thor. This story arc was fine, but turning Galactus into a joke - let alone a being who can be defeated by Thor, no matter how much Thor is amped up- is just preposterous. What I find most objectionable about Cates is that he seems to have absolutely no idea how the Marvel hierarchies of power work. This was demonstrated in his "Thanos Wins" series where, absolutely inexplicably, Thanos somehow manages to kill Galactus, the Celestials and every other overwhelmingly powerful Marvel cosmic being yet is no stronger than he usually is. That particular pull-the-rabbit-out-of-the-hat trick made absolutely no sense. Now we have Thor destroying Galactus - a being whose power functions on a universal scale and as one of the balances of the universe. This is simply incomprehensible nonsense. Cates is not entirely to blame for this stupidity - the editor who is in charge of his work should have been reining him in long ago. Instead, he is allowed to write this nonsense, which seems to ignore all of the established Marvel canon, and now creates a mess that someone will have to retcon later in order to re-establish some semblance of order to the MU and restore respect to the Marvel cosmic beings.
    Agreed. Though I didn't like that Ultimates arc's end changing so that Galactus could stay as the Lifebringer (instead of sacrificing that status to stop The First Firmament) or the entire Lifebringer concept, at least Ewing wrote Galactus similarly to say Ron Marz' version (though not among my most liked versions of the character). Here his personality/character is tarnished, his power and standing in the multiverse, and his origin is changed (despite the fact Cates "wrote" or at least did the dialog for Silver Surfer: Black which confirmed the longstanding continuity version of Galactus' origin). I can't remember something this bad since that Fantastic Four arc in the mid 2000's that had Galactus turned human and trying to eat a pool/billiards ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    There's obviously more to Galactus and Black Winter than what we've seen so far, I'm sure they'll come back and this will be solved, this retcon won't last and it'll be undone and explained within the same run, we comic book fans in general are unforgiving, we were praising Cates one issue ago and suddenly one retcon and the board is against him. Let the man finish his story. Besides, the issue is getting remarkable reviews everywhere, this Galactus stuff won't last, there's more to it and to the Black Winter, just enjoy the ride.
    I mean why would we want to see more considering how poorly this was written unless Cates just essentially retcons most of his own storyline, there's nothing to enjoy in this ride, it's just miserable and poorly written. I mean outside of how poorly Galactus was treated Thor's personality came across as piss poor as well, which should anger Thor fans and not vs. board nutters. If you're (not talking about anyone in specific) someone who just regurgitates about "feats, power!" and cares little about actual writing and you're a Thor fanboy you'd love this, but if you care about writing and characterization you should hate this run so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I think that I am done with Donny Cates and Thor. This story arc was fine, but turning Galactus into a joke - let alone a being who can be defeated by Thor, no matter how much Thor is amped up- is just preposterous. What I find most objectionable about Cates is that he seems to have absolutely no idea how the Marvel hierarchies of power work. This was demonstrated in his "Thanos Wins" series where, absolutely inexplicably, Thanos somehow manages to kill Galactus, the Celestials and every other overwhelmingly powerful Marvel cosmic being yet is no stronger than he usually is. That particular pull-the-rabbit-out-of-the-hat trick made absolutely no sense. Now we have Thor destroying Galactus - a being whose power functions on a universal scale and as one of the balances of the universe. This is simply incomprehensible nonsense. Cates is not entirely to blame for this stupidity - the editor who is in charge of his work should have been reining him in long ago. Instead, he is allowed to write this nonsense, which seems to ignore all of the established Marvel canon, and now creates a mess that someone will have to retcon later in order to re-establish some semblance of order to the MU and restore respect to the Marvel cosmic beings.
    Thanos Wins was late era Starlin type Thanos fanboyism without anything interesting that Starlin can add, it was just "My guy is better than your guy and beats your guy because he's so good" type kiddie stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I wasn't part of the Jane hate club but her latest issue was a joke. I not a fan of how she was able to overcome enemy while all of the other Asgardians were taken over and how simply used her omni-weapon to imprison this "all-power" anti-life darkness. Aaron needs to be barred from user Thor and his characters. Did he forget his own storyline where he set Thor to be the All-Father? But I guess the way he wrote Odin, he would have fell to Khonshu and the Rokkva whatever.
    most achievements she did under Aaron were dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Agreed. Though I didn't like that Ultimates arc's end changing so that Galactus could stay as the Lifebringer (instead of sacrificing that status to stop The First Firmament) or the entire Lifebringer concept, at least Ewing wrote Galactus similarly to say Ron Marz' version (though not among my most liked versions of the character). Here his personality/character is tarnished, his power and standing in the multiverse, and his origin is changed (despite the fact Cates "wrote" or at least did the dialog for Silver Surfer: Black which confirmed the longstanding continuity version of Galactus' origin). I can't remember something this bad since that Fantastic Four arc in the mid 2000's that had Galactus turned human and trying to eat a pool/billiards ball.

I mean why would we want to see more considering how poorly this was written unless Cates just essentially retcons most of his own storyline, there's nothing to enjoy in this ride, it's just miserable and poorly written. I mean outside of how poorly Galactus was treated Thor's personality came across as piss poor as well, which should anger Thor fans and not vs. board nutters. If you're (not talking about anyone in specific) someone who just regurgitates about "feats, power!" and cares little about actual writing and you're a Thor fanboy you'd love this, but if you care about writing and characterization you should hate this run so far.

Thanos Wins was late era Starlin type Thanos fanboyism without anything interesting that Starlin can add, it was just "My guy is better than your guy and beats your guy because he's so good" type kiddie stuff.
    At least Starlin never had Thanos wreck celestials without some mystical macguffin. You guys are totally fine with Darkseid turning into a multiversal rainbow monster in Final Crisis and yet throw a hissy fit with Thanks assimilating the cosmic entities with the Cosmic Regulator.

Sam's come pretty far from being a pet character.