Page 143 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2680
    BANNED

Is this why the whole Black Winter arc felt rushed? Because they wanted to do put it out in time for Fortnite? I swear to god if they made up the whole arc just to satisfy some overrated crappy game i am done with Marvel, why don't they just slap a Coca-Cola sticker on Thors forehead while they are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That's the thing that annoyed me most about Aaron's JaneThor.

In terms of character, she was basically your average Thor. If we hadn't been told Jane was Thor, how would we have known otherwise?

She was a nurse who became a doctor, yet that was never brought up.

She was a mother who lost her child, yet that was never brought up, even when it could have easily slid in with War Thor.

She was a girlfriend and thus target back in the Silver Age, yet that was barely used.

Was Aaron the one who started the cancer subplot? Because that's all that was used, really
    I saw the writing on the wall for that before her identity was even revealed. The whole 'Who is the new Thor?' thing was where it went off the rails. Personally, I'm not against the idea of someone else getting the hammer and 'gaining the power of Thor'... but the focus needs to be on the person not the title.

Eric Masterson did it best. An ordinary mortal who suddenly has the power of a god. He was CONSTANTLY questioning himself, trying to live up to the legend of Thor. He gained the power but not the experience or the training. He messed up, fell down, and had to pick himself up.

You can't have a 'mortal gets the power of a god' story without the focus being tight on who that mortal is. And that's NOT what happened here. It was all about her as Thor and being more powerful, better trained, and doing things that the Real Thor never could... and that's just bad writing. Her power up was all encompassing. Heck, I think the What If that gave Jane Thor's power was better handled than what we got here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thor has led the Avengers into Fortnite!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wolv...-for-season-4/
    I don't play Fortnite but it sounds interesting.

I hope more Marvel characters get more exposure in media outside of comics.

God knows the industry needs it.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I saw the writing on the wall for that before her identity was even revealed. The whole 'Who is the new Thor?' thing was where it went off the rails. Personally, I'm not against the idea of someone else getting the hammer and 'gaining the power of Thor'... but the focus needs to be on the person not the title.

Eric Masterson did it best. An ordinary mortal who suddenly has the power of a god. He was CONSTANTLY questioning himself, trying to live up to the legend of Thor. He gained the power but not the experience or the training. He messed up, fell down, and had to pick himself up.

You can't have a 'mortal gets the power of a god' story without the focus being tight on who that mortal is. And that's NOT what happened here. It was all about her as Thor and being more powerful, better trained, and doing things that the Real Thor never could... and that's just bad writing. Her power up was all encompassing. Heck, I think the What If that gave Jane Thor's power was better handled than what we got here.
    That's what i hated about that run. Jane being suddenly the most awesome thing ever despite the lack of experience while Thor is a drunken loser with a potty mouth.

Mighty Thor from 1962 to 2007: How pagan gods would interact and relate to modern humans?

Modern Thor from 2011 to today: Let's just write a bunch of american rednecks with some mythological stuff around them.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 08-27-2020 at 03:05 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    That's what i hated about that run. Jane being suddenly the most awesome thing ever despite the lack of experience while Thor is a drunken loser with a potty mouth.

Mighty Thor from 1962 to 2007: How pagan gods would interact and relate to modern humans?

Modern Thor from 2011 to today: Let's just write a bunch of american rednecks with some mythological stuff around them.
    I blame the editor, he had the responsability to rein in the writer lame ideas and he did absolutely nothing.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I blame the editor, he had the responsability to rein in the writer lame ideas and he did absolutely nothing.
    Joe Quesada made the editors more lax. It's a problem Marvel had since 2004.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

I'm pretty glad the Fortnite crossover is happening and especially Thor headlining it. This game is huge and hopefully it will attract readers to Cates' run which has been great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Cool video. Pretty nice mix of looks, especially seeing the current design in something other than the comics.

It's cool they brought back Travis Willingham for this.

BANNED

So, let me see if I'm up-to-date concerning Thor Odinson -- He currently possesses the Power of the All-Father, the Power Cosmic granted to him by Galactus, and of course Mjolnir -- is that about right?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So, let me see if I'm up-to-date concerning Thor Odinson -- He currently possesses the Power of the All-Father, the Power Cosmic granted to him by Galactus, and of course Mjolnir -- is that about right?
    pretty much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    pretty much.

Does he still have the Power Cosmic?

At the end of the last issue, he looked like regular Thor again.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Does he still have the Power Cosmic?

At the end of the last issue, he looked like regular Thor again.
    Idk

he can change his look but I guess he probably lost it all once he used up all of his power on the Black Winter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Not anymore, he lost the Power Cosmic in the last issue when chanelling it all against Black Winter.