Page 150 of 179 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    you are not the one that should be embarassed, I suggest letting your wallet do the talk, no point in supporting stuff you don't enjoy.
    you know, you always have to have some hope

I somehow hoped Thor would come down and say I say thee nay!!! I'm the true master of Mjolnir!!!

oh well
    Last edited by GodThor; 10-01-2020 at 04:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i made a meme

This is perfect... Man i wish Aaron could see it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    you are not the one that should be embarassed, I suggest letting your wallet do the talk, no point in supporting stuff you don't enjoy.
    Seriously who even buys the Avengers book these days? It's all over the place, it's filled with so many plot holes and loose ends it's ridiculous, not to mention it goes through stories like a shredder goes through paper.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I"ve never been a big fan of Black Panther for pretty much things like this. Even in Earths Mightiest Heroes BP was the bestest most best person at everything and it just irked me. He was as good if not better a figther then Captain America, he had better tech then Iron Man, He was as smart as Reed Richards... etc. etc.... he was a one-man Avengers team.

It was basically 'Bat-god' all over again but in my mind, without the pedigree that Batman had.

Soooo yeah, I was never a fan but this definitely doesn't surprise me....
    Man, you should try reading his actual books instead of getting mad at random scans.

BP has done nothing for like 5+ years now in his own book.

If you thought Thor was disrespected by Aaron, you should try reading Coates Panther.

T'challa's reputation on forums is much higher than what he actually gets to do in the books.

But yeah, this mjolnir thing was a random ass pull but this whole arc has been one random ass pull after another. Hell, MK is the freaking phoenix right now lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, you should try reading his actual books instead of getting mad at random scans.

BP has done nothing for like 5+ years now in his own book.

If you thought Thor was disrespected by Aaron, you should try reading Coates Panther.

T'challa's reputation on forums is much higher than what he actually gets to do in the books.

But yeah, this mjolnir thing was a random ass pull but this whole arc has been one random ass pull after another. Hell, MK is the freaking phoenix right now lol
    Yes, this isn't a Black Panther related problem, this seems to me to be just Aaron continuing to damage Thor and troll his fan-base as much as possible. Panther has been getting similar treatment for years (though I'd argue it hasn't been as bad as what Aaron has been doing to Thor).

I said years ago that Aaron was trying to weaken Thor's claim on Mjolnir, as part of a long-term goal of replacing OG Thor, and Aaron's Avengers has done nothing to dissuade me of this notion. Thor fans should not get manipulated into blaming other heroes for what is happening - it's not their (or their fan-bases') fault, and sparking a fanboy war with Panther fans would probably suit the writer's agenda. Do not let writers play you off against other fans.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, as MindofShadow pointed out, Panther has been seriously punked out by Coates. So much so that I stopped reading it a while ago. In that run, you had Panther struggling with ordinary muscle men. It was bad.

That being said, Jason Aaron (and editor Tom Brevoort) need to rein it in. Look over at JL stories at DC and they are dealing with multiversal threats that requires every member of the team to step up. Snyder is creating Uber powerful threats to justify the Justice League’s involvement and in several cases you’ll have the big heavy hitters like Superman play a key role (like punching out the World Forge and recreating the Earth’s moon as superspeed).

But Aaron’s Avengers has features characters suddenly powering up and kicking the crap out of the most powerful members of the team. Thor in particular has been totally punked out and I’m not sure why Aaron is even using him at all. He’s practically serving no purpose on the current Avengers beyond being a punching bag. It’s pretty ridiculous. Even reviews have pointed out how how ludicrous the current storyline is.

To cap it off, the issue ends with Phoenix Moon Knight. Aaron really should leave the Phoenix Force alone, between PF guns and PF Wolverine, it’s getting quite silly.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-01-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

To cap it off, the issue ends with Phoenix Moon Knight. Aaron really should leave the Phoenix Force alone, between PF guns and PF Wolverine, it’s getting quite silly.
    I feel like Aaron went huge starting the whole story off with freaking Celestials so now he has to keep getting more and more ridiculous with stuff.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, as MindofShadow pointed out, Panther has been seriously punked out by Coates. So much so that I stopped reading it a while ago. In that run, you had Panther struggling with ordinary muscle men. It was bad.

That being said, Jason Aaron (and editor Tom Brevoort) need to rein it in. Look over at JL stories at DC and they are dealing with multiversal threats that requires every member of the team to step up. Snyder is creating Uber powerful threats to justify the Justice League’s involvement and in several cases you’ll have the big heavy hitters like Superman play a key role (like punching out the World Forge and recreating the Earth’s moon as superspeed).

But Aaron’s Avengers has features characters suddenly powering up and kicking the crap out of the most powerful members of the team. Thor in particular has been totally punked out and I’m not sure why Aaron is even using him at all. He’s practically serving no purpose on the current Avengers beyond being a punching bag. It’s pretty ridiculous. Even reviews have pointed out how how ludicrous the current storyline is.

Not to mention Odin thirsting for the Phoenix. Aaron has been deconstructing Thor for so long that having him get beaten up is all he knows what to do with him. The hammer doesn't like him, someone wields it better than him, he constantly needs to be humbled and pummeled by it, otherwise he won't be worthy anymore, it's Norse flaggelation. It's so tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Not to mention Odin thirsting for the Phoenix. Aaron has been deconstructing Thor for so long that having him get beaten up is all he knows what to do with him. The hammer doesn't like him, someone wields it better than him, he constantly needs to be humbled and pummeled by it, otherwise he won't be worthy anymore, it's Norse flaggelation. It's so tiresome.
    The only way to stop it, is Cates getting rid of Mjolnir. For what I understand the solo tittle writer have the last say on a character direction, so if Cates decides that Mjolnir is destroyed or depowered Aaron would, usually, have to go along with it.

He may run with the idea that Thor is weak now, in Avengers, but at the very least he would have to stop the "x character have better control of Mjolnir than Thor", that he is doing since 2014. Possibly he would even lose interest in using on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The only way to stop it, is Cates getting rid of Mjolnir. For what I understand the solo tittle writer have the last say on a character direction, so if Cates decides that Mjolnir is destroyed or depowered Aaron would, usually, have to go along with it.

He may run with the idea that Thor is weak now, in Avengers, but at the very least he would have to stop the "x character have better control of Mjolnir than Thor", that he is doing since 2014. Possibly he would even lose interest in using on the character.
    I'm wondering if they should just give mjolnir back to Jane. She seemingly will get it in the next Thor movie anyways.

Thor should obviously have A hammer... but preferably one which he can actually control.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm wondering if they should just give mjolnir back to Jane. She seemingly will get it in the next Thor movie anyways.

Thor should obviously have A hammer... but preferably one which he can actually control.
    To be honest, a part of me thinks this is what Aaron wants .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, a part of me thinks this is what Aaron wants .
    Surprised they didn't give him Ultimate Mjolnir when they had the chance in Unworthy Thor just for movie synergy.

Surprised they didn't give him Ultimate Mjolnir when they had the chance in Unworthy Thor just for movie synergy.
    I can see Aaron delaying Thor getting a hammer as long as he could. It was never going to happen so long as Jane was Thor.

I thought that's what Aaron was going to do too. When he didn't I thought "Oh I get it, he wants Thor to learn that he was too dependent on a hammer and that he never really needed one after all, it was just in his head." Turns out that wasn't the case either, endless bemoaning over not being worthy, getting his face pounded in, and lots of mead.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Seriously who even buys the Avengers book these days? It's all over the place, it's filled with so many plot holes and loose ends it's ridiculous, not to mention it goes through stories like a shredder goes through paper.
    I wonder how much does it sale.

Aaron is their celebrity after all.