Page 153 of 179 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Why buy the book if you don't enjoy it? Never understood that mentality. I haven't touched a Thor book since 2013 based on their direction.
    Because making fun of crappy entertainment has been a staple in american nerd culture since the days of Mystery Science Theater 3000, i guess.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Why buy the book if you don't enjoy it? Never understood that mentality. I haven't touched a Thor book since 2013 based on their direction.
    It’s a brand. You keep buying in case it starts getting good again.

BANNED

Man, what a freaking great issue, loved every single page, and the callback to JMS' run was awesome.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Really cool issue!

Seeing Thor no sell a Mjolnir blow from IM on his face was great. Not to mention the nice nod to JMS Thor Thor vs IM fight, stating the huge difference between the power from a (thunder) god and a tin man.

Amazing Member

Cates delivers. I'm still wary, this could be another fakeout like God of Thunder. Where after the first "establishing" arc, the writer starts to poo poo all over the main character and introduce "their vision" to the comic to leave their mark. But so far, I'm gonna enjoy what is put on the pages.

Also it makes me giggle thinking that Mjolnir is like a Router. And once the Enchantment is turned of and then turned on, it works again and there's no "storm" in the hammer, the worthiness enchantment works just as intended etc etc. I saw T'challa reference that in the latest avenger and it just Oozed of Aaron trying to keep his piece of canon relevant. As him saying "Remember, I wrote this. This is how it works now. LISTEN TO ME DAMMIT!" Where so far, Cates has not used the Mother Storm or anything (and if he does it, I'm pretty sure that he can make it work).

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Really cool issue!

Seeing Thor no sell a Mjolnir blow from IM on his face was great. Not to mention the nice nod to JMS Thor Thor vs IM fight, stating the huge difference between the power from a (thunder) god and a tin man.
    I would've loved a moment like this with Jane's Thor .

Loved the latest issue of Thor. Cates has restored Thor to bad assery! Noteworthy for me...how he treated Tony. Nice touch.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

yeah, very good chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    LMAO exactly

Ultimate Member

Very good issue. I'm enjoying this more...nuanced version of Thor.

I suspect Thor will make a new hammer for himself or something. Let's be honest, Mjolnir is clearly broken thanks to Aaron's mistreatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Very good issue. I'm enjoying this more...nuanced version of Thor.

I suspect Thor will make a new hammer for himself or something. Let's be honest, Mjolnir is clearly broken thanks to Aaron's mistreatment.
    We shouldn't hate on Mjolnir just because of Aaron's crap. It's been the iconic hammer for a thousand years, and, like it or not, is synonymous with Thor. It's a major factor in his favour, and any other replacement would just come across as a cheap knock-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ''Just having my hammer doesn't give you my power. Hammer or not i am still a god''. Pretty awesome.

I am still wary of Cates writing Thanos again though.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    ''Just having my hammer doesn't give you my power. Hammer or not i am still a god''. Pretty awesome.

sounds like a big F-u to all the mjolnir shenanigans we had to endure in the past years, If Cates intends to hold the line I'm definitely on board
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    We shouldn't hate on Mjolnir just because of Aaron's crap. It's been the iconic hammer for a thousand years, and, like it or not, is synonymous with Thor. It's a major factor in his favour, and any other replacement would just come across as a cheap knock-off.
    true true. But Aaron turning Mjolnir into a ''fickle piece of s***'' still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yeah...I hate that I feel so tired of Mjonlir nowadays. Especially now that Thor just got it back.