Page 154 of 179 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah...I hate that I feel so tired of Mjonlir nowadays. Especially now that Thor just got it back.
    Yes. I do think we could do with some stories that emphasised things like Thor's thousands of years of knowledge and experience - you know, the things that could have and should have come up when Aaron was writing Thor without the hammer, but that he deliberately stayed away from.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, very good chapter.

LMAO exactly
    I'd really love to see Jane Valkirye getting punked by Immortal Hulk and him telling her she isn't half as good as Thor.

Sorry Jane fans.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I'd really love to see Jane Valkirye getting punked by Immortal Hulk and him telling her she isn't half as good as Thor.

Sorry Jane fans.
    Ewing said Jane would give Thor run for his money...

Ewing said Jane would give Thor run for his money...
    I thought Ewing knew better than this. He saved Marvel Cosmic from Bendis.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

I thought Ewing knew better than this. He saved Marvel Cosmic from Bendis.
    he likes Aaron's run and writes alongside him on Valkyrie so he is probably his fanboy.

Does anyone want to talk about how Tony is able to lift Mjolnir?

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

he likes Aaron's run and writes alongside him on Valkyrie so he is probably his fanboy.
    I doubt Ewing is a Aaron fanboy. Cates, on the other hand, is the biggest fanboy there is. He thinks aaron's thor and everything aaron does are the greatest thing ever.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I doubt Ewing is a Aaron fanboy. Cates, on the other hand, is the biggest fanboy there is. He thinks aaron's thor and everything aaron does are the greatest thing ever.
    Err, what?

In an alternate future, Ewing had a scene where Thor referred to Jane as the one who wielded the hammer best.

Cates clearly established that the power is Thor's, not the hammer. How many fanboys swept tears of joy, seeing Thor fly unaided?

Does anyone want to talk about how Tony is able to lift Mjolnir?
    ...why would we? It was established that the enchantment is acting wonky. Literally anyone could have lifted it.

what The Cool Thatguy said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Err, what?

In an alternate future, Ewing had a scene where Thor referred to Jane as the one who wielded the hammer best.

Cates clearly established that the power is Thor's, not the hammer. How many fanboys swept tears of joy, seeing Thor fly unaided?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I've read the issue. It's not my point. I'm talking about Cates being a huge Aaron fanboy, and He always said he was. You can see it in many interviews, twitter posts, etc..One example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...os_and_doctor/

It's obviously great that he's not repeating what aaron did with thor, which was horrible for the character and his fans. He wants to do his own thing.

About Ewing, you can conclude that, from an alternate future story about Thor, He's an aaron fanboy? Strange.

I've read the issue. It's not my point. I'm talking about Cates being a huge Aaron fanboy, and He always said he was. You can see it in many interviews, twitter posts, etc..One example:

It's obviously great that he's not repeating what aaron did with thor, which was horrible for the character and his fans. He wants to do his own thing.

About Ewing, you can conclude that, from an alternate future story about Thor, He's an aaron fanboy? Strange.
    The fact that Ewing had Old King Thor say that Jane was the best is what raises our eyebrows.

The fact that Ewing had Old King Thor say that Jane was the best is what raises our eyebrows.
    I get it.

Btw,

THOR #9 Trailer | Marvel Comics

Thor's alter ego, Donald Blake, has returned! But something has changed him...

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailer...-marvel-comics

That's gonna be awesome.

I get it.

Btw,

THOR #9 Trailer | Marvel Comics

Thor's alter ego, Donald Blake, has returned! But something has changed him...

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailer...-marvel-comics

That's gonna be awesome.
    Nothing Is scarier than a limping human with a emo phase.

Ultimate Member

No writer is gonna trash the writer that came before them, regardless of what they really think of them. I can't think of many professional settings in which that would be acceptable.

Judge a person by their actions.

Cates swept away Aaron's Destroyer Arm Thor in one issue. He's hinted at issues with the hammer in the same issue, and in this issue firmly establishes to whom the power belongs.

To be clear, I don't approve of all of Cates' decisions, but I think it pretty clear that parts of his run are meant to directly refute Aaron's deconstruction.

cates repeatedly says aaron's his favorite writer over and over again because, and this may come as a shock

aaron's his favorite writer and you're making up your own narrative
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate