Page 161 of 179 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I LOVED this. Fantastic. This is a crazy story and I'm all in for it.
    Agreed bro. Yeah, when I first heard that Donald Blake was coming back, I felt puzzled. Mild-mannered Donald Blake? C'mon, Thor had some cool action scenes in that first arc and now we're just going have 5 issues of talking heads.

BUT WOW! What Cates was able to do with Blake was really amazing! Mild-mannered into big threat. Just wow!

I'm in it for the long haul now.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The ar has potential, but I found the issue rather average.

Really enjoyed this issue and Cates is definitely making this run on Thor my favorite comic right now.

BANNED

Another solid issue !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Another solid issue !!
    New issue out? Stop the press! Headed to comixology now!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Really enjoyed this issue and Cates is definitely making this run on Thor my favorite comic right now.
    Agreed!

Make America great again? Pfft.

Make Thor great again!!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Another solid issue !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Agreed. I really enjoyed the issue.

Okay. Just read it. Loved it. I actually wrote in to thank him for another great issue.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Niffleheim

making wholesome Donald Blake into a spooky, deranged and horrific killing version of Peter Pan's Shadow is interesting.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-05-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Cates has definitely been reading or got inspired by Miracleman here.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Also i just listened to the video and there is so much wrong with that they are saying, i have to imagine even they are aware of this but they intentionally are saying this stuff to kick up the hornets nest to get people to debate to draw attention, etc...

But one thing that annoys me that i see a lot is "Storm is an Omega level mutant therefore there is no upper limit to her powers" this is absolute BS. EVERY character with the exception of perhaps TOAA has a limit to their power, characters like Storm have a much lower limit than any cosmic entity, this is just a fact.

As a Hulk fan in the comics it was mentioned over half a dozen times that Hulk has infinite strength, Hulk has limitless strength, Hulks strength is incalculable, he has had this statements said about him more than any other character and let me tell you it's all obviously nonsense, it's just to hype up the character it's just to make the reader excited. Hulk has a limit, his limit is very, very high for a character of his level which is why to Earth based character and weaker cosmic entities it comes of as impressive when this dumb green brute has physical strength that they haven't seen in characters of that level but that by no means indicates that the character has infinite strength.

So i am calling BS on Storm having no upper limit or us not knowing the limit of her lightning powers, we have seen limits of her powers plenty of times in the comics, it's whenever her lighting has failed to defeat an enemy which has happened a plethora of times already. If there was no limit to her lighting, she would take her place as the ultimate cosmic entity and would be duking it out with TOAA over who is truly limitless in their power.

The logic they are using is the same logic that Screwattack has used for Superman that has been memed to death as a result.
    Old post sure, but I want to clear up since I kinda keep up with Hickman's X-Men, and how Marvel screwed up, which is even more depressing considering they used the page that fucking explains how Omega level mutant power works:

What they actually say here is that Omega level mutants have an undefinable upper limit, which, it should be obvious but, it doesn't mean "no limits", just that it's so high it can't be measured, but apparently Marvel can't read what they write lol.

Also, while she did show clear limits before, she was an Alpha level mutant then, Hickman retconned her into an Omega level, I'm not sure if he did anything to actually show if she's Omega level though, but I'm not keeping up with all of those comics.

So yeah, basically, Marvel doesn't pay attention to itself, even when using the damn page as reference in that video lol.

Anyways, I have a mild interest in Thor nowadays, may start to read his stuff, does the Kirby/Lee run hold up to shit I hear that's really good like Simonson? I prefer to start from the beginning.

Ultimate Member

How far back does this retcon go, anyways? Because back in the day, Thor and Blake seemed like the same person, overall. But I've not followed JMS stuff.

I enjoyed the issue but Cates is still hit or miss for me. Love what he's doing with Thor, especially redeeming him back to his godhood compared to the glorified barbarian Aaron seems to write. But the way Cates writes Galactus still leaves a bad taste.

As for Donald Blake I was always confused as to what he was. Is he a construct Odin created? Was he intended to be Thor made human? Was he already a human bonded with Thor the way Eric Masterson was? Even after reading this issue, I'm still confused. But I like the direction its heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    making wholesome Donald Blake into a spooky, deranged and horrific killing version of Peter Pan's Shadow is interesting.
    not feeling the idea. especially if Evil Don ends up as a mass murderer, it's the same to me as when Hal Jordan was made into Parallax. Pretty awful way to go, even if it's just for a temporary arc. I was comfortable with not seeing Donald Blake anymore instead of making him a villain. Oh well.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    not feeling the idea. especially if Evil Don ends up as a mass murderer, it's the same to me as when Hal Jordan was made into Parallax. Pretty awful way to go, even if it's just for a temporary arc. I was comfortable with not seeing Donald Blake anymore instead of making him a villain. Oh well.
    it doesn't bother me at all because he is simply an obsolete and redundant shadow/construct that has been repurposed to tell new stories

Thor being able to kill the Phoenix Force is badass
    The J-man