Page 167 of 179 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm imagining Dan Green as Thor .
    Thor, Odin, and some of the other aesir were actually monsters in the Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game. I always thought it was easier to understand than magic the gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Well, MCU Valkyrie is finally canon in the main universe (and looking much slimmer compared to Exiles).
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Thor, Odin, and some of the other aesir were actually monsters in the Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game. I always thought it was easier to understand than magic the gathering.
    Oh yeah, weren't they a trio of God Cards in 5D's? I had totally forgotten about that.

BANNED

I don't wanna spoil things, but can anyone after reading last issue, help me understand some things because i genuinely think Cates is maybe the worst writer when it comes to power scalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I don't wanna spoil things, but can anyone after reading last issue, help me understand some things because i genuinely think Cates is maybe the worst writer when it comes to power scalling.
    how? he literally explain how Blake beat everybody he got all the skills of Thor plus the powers of the odin force with the combination of that serpent
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

What do you don't understand about the power scalling ? It seemed correct to me: Blake has the combined powers of the Odin force and Jormugandr who is the most powerful being in the nordic mythology: the Asgardians, and even Thor, dont have a chance against him.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

BANNED

Another great issue, I was scratching my head at the beginning as to how Blake was so powerful but then we got the answer at the end, he is basically Jormungand with Odin Force, now that's scary.

Let's just hope Jane doesn't solo him next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    What do you don't understand about the power scalling ? It seemed correct to me: Blake has the combined powers of the Odin force and Jormugandr who is the most powerful being in the nordic mythology: the Asgardians, and even Thor, dont have a chance against him.
    Wow, that's overpowered .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how? he literally explain how Blake beat everybody he got all the skills of Thor plus the powers of the odin force with the combination of that serpent
    And then Volstagg hurts him with a punch lol, i also have no idea how he managed to get all those powers in the first place.

Then again i don't really care i read King in Black and the power levels there just gave me more headache, narration straight up calls guys like Dr Strange, Monica Rambeau and a few others street level characters...

I think i should just turn off my brain when reading Cates comics, after he had BB destroy dozens of Celestials with his voice i should have gotten the hint.

Amazing Member

spoilers:
    I understood it perfectly. The serpent opened the tap to give Blake power, that meant that Blake realized that he's basically a piece of the Odin force or since he is part of Thor he has access to the Odin force once the barrier to Sundaystrollgard was weakened by Jormungandr and he used that to drain more power because in his insanity he figured out a way to do something Odin never intended for to happen. The key here being that when Odin was still around, none of this would have happened but when he's gone everything started to crumble. I'm thinking it's pretty funny and mirroring the previous arc. Both Thor and Blake steals power from beings more powerful then themselves and then kill them. Only problem for Thor is that Blake's stolen the power/essence of Jormungandr and since Gods are in part empowered by the Myths around them. Thor is weak to Jormungandr and vice versa.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by themarkus; 12-02-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Amazing Member

Why? Volstagg's got Class 50+ ton super strength. He's like one of the strongest Asgardians after Thor. Him punching Blake should be taken seriously, even if he's not taken seriously as often as he should. I'd love if they gave him a design upgrade too. Instead of making him a bowling ball he should look more like Ray Stevens with huge moustaches and a giant gut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    Why? Volstagg's got Class 50+ ton super strength. He's like one of the strongest Asgardians after Thor. Him punching Blake should be taken seriously, even if he's not taken seriously as often as he should. I'd love if they gave him a design upgrade too. Instead of making him a bowling ball he should look more like Ray Stevens with huge moustaches and a giant gut.
    A class 50+ is less than an ant to someone with an Odin Force, i think thanks to Aaron, people have forgotten than Odin used to bust galaxies with his powers, he could no sell attacks from Thanos at one point. I don't want Volstagg to be a joke but that doesn't mean he should be doing stuff he isn't suppose to.

Anyway as i said i don't care the King in Black issue just forced me to turn my mind off when it comes to power levels and Cates, it's hard to do but i will just try to ignore it and focus on everything else.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

My favorite issue from this run so far! I guess I never liked Blake this much!

Amazing Member

A class 50+ is less than an ant to someone with an Odin Force, i think thanks to Aaron, people have forgotten than Odin used to bust galaxies with his powers, he could no sell attacks from Thanos at one point. I don't want Volstagg to be a joke but that doesn't mean he should be doing stuff he isn't suppose to.

Anyway as i said i don't care the King in Black issue just forced me to turn my mind off when it comes to power levels and Cates, it's hard to do but i will just try to ignore it and focus on everything else.
    I think Blake basically did get a "no sell" reaction from that. Volstagg punched him in the face from the side. Blake got pushed a little (even IF he has the same strength/density as an asgardian he should still be moved by someone bigger punching him) he turned around, rubbed his nose and looked menacing. No damage, no blood.

There's a difference getting sucker punched and taking a hit when you're allowed to brace yourself. Virtually every complaint about Cates writing Thor being damaged I feel is either Thor getting hit from an attack that he's not aware of and then he's staggered for a bit. Most especially I'm thinking of the fight in the first issue with the aliens. I feel it's pretty obvious that whilst Thor is injured by those aliens they're not the same as humans.

I don't really mind Thor suffering damage from attacks, because that damage (under Cates) almost never slows him down. I view it as Thor having 1000000 hitpoints and something doing 100-1000 points makes him bleed but there's still like 99999000 points left. When Thor's ready to take an attack though he should be able to take them without flinching depending on the attacker. Like he did vs Ultron's fake Avengers in EMH.. that moment was so epic. "Please, I don't wish to harm you!"

BANNED

Smh getting hung up on battle forum mentality and power scaling, just enjoy the story.

Nothing overly ridiculous that requires to "turn off your brain" has happened, that's just nitpicking.