Page 168 of 179 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2680
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Smh getting hung up on battle forum mentality and power scaling, just enjoy the story.

Nothing overly ridiculous that requires to "turn off your brain" has happened, that's just nitpicking.
    I agree, too often people put too much emphasis on stats an feats rather than just appreciating the story itself.

Smh getting hung up on battle forum mentality and power scaling, just enjoy the story.

Nothing overly ridiculous that requires to "turn off your brain" has happened, that's just nitpicking.
    Honestly, I've been enjoying how crazy powerful Thor is now. But the stories have been cool as well. I like where Cates is going with Blake. I imagine a fight with er, you know who is coming next? Should be epic!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by themarkus View Post
    I think Blake basically did get a "no sell" reaction from that. Volstagg punched him in the face from the side. Blake got pushed a little (even IF he has the same strength/density as an asgardian he should still be moved by someone bigger punching him) he turned around, rubbed his nose and looked menacing. No damage, no blood.

There's a difference getting sucker punched and taking a hit when you're allowed to brace yourself. Virtually every complaint about Cates writing Thor being damaged I feel is either Thor getting hit from an attack that he's not aware of and then he's staggered for a bit. Most especially I'm thinking of the fight in the first issue with the aliens. I feel it's pretty obvious that whilst Thor is injured by those aliens they're not the same as humans.

I don't really mind Thor suffering damage from attacks, because that damage (under Cates) almost never slows him down. I view it as Thor having 1000000 hitpoints and something doing 100-1000 points makes him bleed but there's still like 99999000 points left. When Thor's ready to take an attack though he should be able to take them without flinching depending on the attacker. Like he did vs Ultron's fake Avengers in EMH.. that moment was so epic. "Please, I don't wish to harm you!"
    I think it's the same as with the rock thing, such little things are unnecessary but they happen a lot of the times, it's not a big deal on it's own but it can basically pile on over time.

It's not great because OF used to mean a lot more back in the day unfortunately, while now it doesn't even feel like a factor and it makes me worried for whenever Thor appears in other books since he still has the OF but i dunno how aware other writers are, for instance Ewing mentioned the Avengers are gonna fight the Hulk again.... if those Avengers also include Thor i have no idea how realistic that is gonna be and i don't wanna see Thor get his skull cracked a second time while also having the OF, it makes no sense.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, that's overpowered .
    You mis-spelled *UH-MAZING*. This issue was RAD!

P.S. I am all aboard an "Adventures of Donald Blake" series written by Cates now
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    You mis-spelled *UH-MAZING*. This issue was RAD!

P.S. I am all aboard an "Adventures of Donald Blake" series written by Cates now
    I wonder if this is ultimately going to culminate in Cates revitalizing Donald Blake...

(Well, so long as it doesn't come at Thor's expense).

Fantastic Member

I wonder if this is ultimately going to culminate in Cates revitalizing Donald Blake...

(Well, so long as it doesn't come at Thor's expense).
    Oh man - I would almost love to have Blake thrown into the dynamic with Thor - it's like the Rick Jones/Captain Marvel dynamic, only instead of the Negative Zone one of them just ends up in a hellish existence each time they switch =)
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Oh man - I would almost love to have Blake thrown into the dynamic with Thor - it's like the Rick Jones/Captain Marvel dynamic, only instead of the Negative Zone one of them just ends up in a hellish existence each time they switch =)
    Thor is now Jekyll and Hyde? It would be an interesting twist on the old dynamic, although I'd rather just have normal Thor for at least two more years...

Fantastic Member

Thor is now Jekyll and Hyde?
    Or Banner/Hulk, Sentry/Void... no thank you.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Donny Cates sure does like Miracleman, doesn’t he.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Donny Cates sure does like Miracleman, doesn’t he.
    Ha, my thoughts exactly, he sure likes Alan Moore stuff.

BANNED

I am so sick of Aaron portraying Odin like a man-child with anger management problems, he needs to be banned from using any asgardian characters.

I am so sick of Aaron portraying Odin like a man-child with anger management problems, he needs to be banned from using any asgardian characters.
    Guessing this wasn't the best Avengers BC issue with Odin .

meh

just wait when he retcons Odin's backstory in 1,000,000 BC.

Christian Bale is confirmed to be playing Gorr the God Butcher.

Christian Bale is confirmed to be playing Gorr the God Butcher.
    They’re definitely leaning into the Aaron run with the next film.