Page 169 of 179 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2680
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Christian Bale is confirmed to be playing Gorr the God Butcher.
    Cannot believe it; one of the best OC Thor villains.

I can wait to see how they portray that weirdo and his naked self.

I'm kind of curious how they're going to do Gorr since Waitit himself even said he used him as an inspiration for his take on Hela.

Well, that and I feel like Gorr is too serious and depressing a villain for a Waitit movie unless they alter him, but if we're doing a movie hearkening to the Aaron run it makes the most sense to use him.

I don't care about this movie at all.

BANNED

I'm kind of curious how they're going to do Gorr since Waitit himself even said he used him as an inspiration for his take on Hela.

Well, that and I feel like Gorr is too serious and depressing a villain for a Waitit movie unless they alter him, but if we're doing a movie hearkening to the Aaron run it makes the most sense to use him.
    They said that they're doing the Jane Foster gets cancer thing.

So I think the story will focus on the religious aspect of it. You have a scientist who didn't believe in the religion in Jane seeing the Asgardians as science based in the first two movies, then she gets cancer and then finds Mjolnir, and against that you have a villain who hates Gods and hunts them down. So you have a conflict and dynamic set up right away.

The Asgardians are all settled in Norway, right, by the time of Endgame. Well the original Gorr the God Butcher story had the first encounter in the Viking era of Norway. So you can seed that right away in the setting.

It makes me think he might be portrayed in a sillier fashion. I mean Hela is a real deal threat as well as Surtur but both had humor

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    They said that they're doing the Jane Foster gets cancer thing.

So I think the story will focus on the religious aspect of it. You have a scientist who didn't believe in the religion in Jane seeing the Asgardians as science based in the first two movies, then she gets cancer and then finds Mjolnir, and against that you have a villain who hates Gods and hunts them down. So you have a conflict and dynamic set up right away.

The Asgardians are all settled in Norway, right, by the time of Endgame. Well the original Gorr the God Butcher story had the first encounter in the Viking era of Norway. So you can seed that right away in the setting.
    I wonder if Gorr will try to hunt down the final Asgardians to wipe them out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I wonder if Gorr will try to hunt down the final Asgardians to wipe them out
    Obviously in order for Jane to wield Mjolnir, Odinson needs to be decommissioned at least for a while so she can take over.

A significant part of Gorr the God Butcher/Godbomb has Thor imprisoned on the planet slaving to build the Godbomb. So they could do that. And it will also be a cool allusion because in a way that's similar to the third Nolan Batman movie where Bane breaks Batman and keeps him in "the pit" for the entire middle act of the film.

So now you have Batman play Bane to another hero...while the Hammer gets sent to Earth and Jane finds it, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Obviously in order for Jane to wield Mjolnir, Odinson needs to be decommissioned at least for a while so she can take over.

A significant part of Gorr the God Butcher/Godbomb has Thor imprisoned on the planet slaving to build the Godbomb. So they could do that. And it will also be a cool allusion because in a way that's similar to the third Nolan Batman movie where Bane breaks Batman and keeps him in "the pit" for the entire middle act of the film.

So now you have Batman play Bane to another hero...while the Hammer gets sent to Earth and Jane finds it, and so on.
    The GodBomb is something I never thought about! I would love to see that

Astonishing Member

Didn't Hela destroy Mjolnir, so which hammer will feature in this movie for Jane to lift?

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Didn't Hela destroy Mjolnir, so which hammer will feature in this movie for Jane to lift?
    Maybe Stormbreaker, but there is no enchantment on it.

I can imagine some multiversal shenanigans going on

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Maybe Stormbreaker, but there is no enchantment on it.

I can imagine some multiversal shenanigans going on
    Kind wondered if the "Dr. Strange..." sequel won't be a lead in the reworks what pieces are on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Kind wondered if the "Dr. Strange..." sequel won't be a lead in the reworks what pieces are on the board.
    Don't forget about Loki as well.

I bet a Mjolnir from another universe will land on Earth similar to the Ultimate Mjolnir landing on Asgard in Aaron's Thor books.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Christian Bale is confirmed to be playing Gorr the God Butcher.
    Makes me sad we already got the “what are you the god of again?”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Could be that hammer, somehow reassembled

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Makes me sad we already got the “what are you the god of again?”
    There are a lot more cool Gorr lines still left.

"I only know of two kinds of gods, those who do evil and those who do nothing. I haven't decided yet of which ones deserve my wrath most."

"Feel that, little lord of heaven? That sense of helplessness as you fall? That is how it feels to be mortal. Next, you will learn how it feels to be butchered."

"I am not exactly a novice in the ways of torture, you understand. I once tortured a god of torture. After an evening alone with me, he told me where his own children were hiding."

"I have killed so very many gods of war. And gods of fear. Gods of chaos. Gods of blood and wrath and jealousy and lies. Of plagues and earthquakes. Genocide and revenge. Of degradation. Of death. Very few gods of poetry and flowers. Though I killed those just the same."

Gorr is a bit of a sympathetic killer so having Patrick Bateman play him makes sense in addition. There's a dark wit and humor to him that you can dig into.