Page 170 of 179 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2680

Yeah... you can't do comic gorr story in a Takai movie.

This is gonna be Gorr in name only. They used half his **** for Hela. They are even gonna have to change Gorr's powers/necrosword bc it looks just like Hela's insta-sword thing

Gorr storyline is one of my favorite stories ever. I got a few eyars to come to peace that I am NOT getting that story lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah... you can't do comic gorr story in a Takai movie.
    Just because Thor Ragnarok was funky and funny as a movie doesn't mean the director has no dramatic chops at all.

They used half his **** for Hela.
    All they borrowed was the blades and the "What were you the God of again" thing. Nothing else.

That's not half. That's not even a percentage of who Gorr is in the comics.

Gorr storyline is one of my favorite stories ever. I got a few eyars to come to peace that I am NOT getting that story lol.
    Listen an actor like Christian Bale wouldn't have said yes to the script and this role if it didn't have something of substance to engage and interest him. If there wasn't something he could dig into.

BANNED

I also think that in addition to Gorr, we'll have the Mangog.

The Mangog was the big enemy that Jane Thor fought in Aaron's run, he's an old Jack Kirby creation with a lot of continuity real estate. And The Mangog fits the anti-theistic attitude of those stories, aligning him with Gorr. In Aaron's last issue with Jane as Thor, she fought Mangog and it dealt with the idea of a woman without faith dealing with a being who is a remnant of Asgardian genocide and a shattering of their idea of themselves as gods who are good.

That way in the finale you can have the two Thors fighting two separate bosses. The Mangog connects with the theme of Ragnarok and Odin's past, aligns him with Thor, and furhter heightens both.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I also think that in addition to Gorr, we'll have the Mangog.

The Mangog was the big enemy that Jane Thor fought in Aaron's run, he's an old Jack Kirby creation with a lot of continuity real estate. And The Mangog fits the anti-theistic attitude of those stories, aligning him with Gorr. In Aaron's last issue with Jane as Thor, she fought Mangog and it dealt with the idea of a woman without faith dealing with a being who is a remnant of Asgardian genocide and a shattering of their idea of themselves as gods who are good.

That way in the finale you can have the two Thors fighting two separate bosses. The Mangog connects with the theme of Ragnarok and Odin's past, aligns him with Thor, and furhter heightens both.
    Well, they'll need someone for Jane to beat up too.

I wonder how much they'll lean into the God stuff. Marvel has done it every which way, now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, they'll need someone for Jane to beat up too.

I wonder how much they'll lean into the God stuff. Marvel has done it every which way, now.
    They introduced the Asgardians as aliens in the first 2 Thor movies, Thor Ragnarok explicitly identified them as gods.

So this movie I think reconciles both.

There's also other stuff that they can lean in to. The fact that Thor has failed his people repeatedly in Thor Ragnarok and the IW/Endgame. Eitri for instance when he and Thor meet in IW, asks "where was Asgard" when Thanos came.

And then in the aftermath of the Decimation, Thor goes on a cosmic-level bender. So I think the theme of "loss of faith" is there in the MCU already.

Ultimate Member

They introduced the Asgardians as aliens in the first 2 Thor movies, Thor Ragnarok explicitly identified them as gods.

So this movie I think reconciles both.

There's also other stuff that they can lean in to. The fact that Thor has failed his people repeatedly in Thor Ragnarok and the IW/Endgame. Eitri for instance when he and Thor meet in IW, asks "where was Asgard" when Thanos came.

And then in the aftermath of the Decimation, Thor goes on a cosmic-level bender. So I think the theme of "loss of faith" is there in the MCU already.
    In the first Thor movie, they were aliens. In the second movie, Odin explicitly denounces the whole 'Gods' thing and then in the 3rd, he's totally a God.

So...

Gods have specific traits that makes them Gods.

Being called one doesn't make you one.

As far as I've seen from MCU, none of them have any traits that makes them one and it's treated as nothing more than worded hype.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

As far as I've seen from MCU, none of them have any traits that makes them one and it's treated as nothing more than worded hype.
    Different people define Gods differently.

The 'most powerful, created everything, only one God' is a Christian thing.

Plenty of other religions have Gods with abilities and human flaws, like Zeus, Thor and others.

Compared to humans, yeah I'd say that Thor's people could be seen as Gods. Hell, Loki was able to handle Cap when they fought, and Cap's superhuman himself

BANNED

Real-world mythological scholars would disagree with you completely on this one.

Jackson Crawford and other mythological studies point out that the Norse Gods differ markedly from the Greek and other pantheons for being personalities first and foremost rather than anthropomorphized representations of natural phenomenon.

For instance in the myths, Odin is not just the god of war, or the god of magic, or the god of wisdom and so on. He's all those things. Odin is as much a trickster as Loki is. Both Odin and Loki are strong personalities first and foremost, well before they are simply gods who have "specific traits".

The Greek Pantheon on the other hand does have the situation of gods with specific traits but even then it's not alwas clear cut. Athena is both the goddess of wisdom and war, and in The Iliad she's a bigger warmonger and more effective than Ares, who's presented as the god of war in terms of violence and slaughter as opposed to grand strategy and tactics (which is what Athena represents).

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Different people define Gods differently.

The 'most powerful, created everything, only one God' is a Christian thing.

Plenty of other religions have Gods with abilities and human flaws, like Zeus, Thor and others.

Compared to humans, yeah I'd say that Thor's people could be seen as Gods. Hell, Loki was able to handle Cap when they fought, and Cap's superhuman himself
    I'm talking about the comics and how they are distinguished from other races across the Universe and how it makes them more like divine creatures.

they can hear prayers across the Universe, can get empowered by them, God bomb was specifically targeting deities etc.

since MCU has none of this things, they aren't deities IMO and will never be unless they suddenly put them in.

Real-world mythological scholars would disagree with you completely on this one.

Jackson Crawford and other mythological studies point out that the Norse Gods differ markedly from the Greek and other pantheons for being personalities first and foremost rather than anthropomorphized representations of natural phenomenon.

For instance in the myths, Odin is not just the god of war, or the god of magic, or the god of wisdom and so on. He's all those things. Odin is as much a trickster as Loki is. Both Odin and Loki are strong personalities first and foremost, well before they are simply gods who have "specific traits".

The Greek Pantheon on the other hand does have the situation of gods with specific traits but even then it's not alwas clear cut. Athena is both the goddess of wisdom and war, and in The Iliad she's a bigger warmonger and more effective than Ares, who's presented as the god of war in terms of violence and slaughter as opposed to grand strategy and tactics (which is what Athena represents).
    you missed my point entirely and couldn't care less about real world.

BANNED

I'm talking about the comics and how they are distinguished from other races across the Universe and how it makes them more like divine creatures.

they can hear prayers across the Universe, can get empowered by them, God bomb was specifically targeting deities etc.

since MCU has none of this things, they aren't deities IMO and will never be unless they suddenly put them in.
    The MCU is always going to be what it needs to be to tell its stories.

If the story needs to establish gods as special beings and creatures, then that concept will be introduced in Thor 4 as a way to introduce and set-up Gorr.

After all even in the comics, that part certainly the alien pantheon of deities and the city of gods and so on wasn't established or elaborated until Aaron's story.

And before you cite continuity stuff...bear in mind that Aaron's run is successful and brought in new readers to Thor, readers who read The God Butcher/Godbomb didn't know that and applied their own outside frame of reference to that run.

So the MCU can do likewise.

As complaints go, it's piffle.

like I said, I don't care about MCU at all and couldn't care less about Thor's "mythos" in it.

I get triggered every time I talk about it.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

I've given up expecting any kind of consistency in the Thor movies.

I hope Sif gets her due here and doesn't get the Warriors Three + Heimdall treatment.

Like, I don't really expect Thor and Jane to get back together so let Sif win Thor.