Page 23 of 179 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #413 Jan 1990
    "Within Me Dwells a Monster!"
    Thor and Hercules visit Dr Strange to learn the secret behind his attacks of weakness;

During their study, Ulik begins to pound on the shield surrounding the Sanctum and Hercules feels another wave of fear;

To fight it, he races after Ulik;

Thor learns that it was Loki who secretly ensorcelled him.

Script by Tom DeFalco (plot and script) and Ron Frenz (plot), pencils by Ron Frenz, inks by Joe Sinnott (finishes)

BANNED

Beta Ray Bill back-up:
    "Defiance Means Death!"

Beta Ray Bill frees the psychic prisoners

and uses the pirates own psychic energy to power the ship so the former slaves can go home.

Script by Tom DeFalco, pencils by Ron Lim, inks by Mike DeCarlo

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    2 issues in and the consistency is completely out the window... And not in a small way either, Thor got hurt 3 times in the comic by very insignificant things but than goes and tanks a planet being destroyed... Yep Cates is gonna drive me insane.
    I think Thor was hesitating on fighting back with the crowd because he would just kill all those innocent creatures.

All those poor animals still got wiped out on that planet though!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-30-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

The era of Jobhor (Jobber Thor) is finally over at last.

I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I just finished reading Thor Vol 1 # 154 - 157 and I must say it was an epic story. Stan Lee & Jack Kirby did a great job. I think Marvel should have made a Thor movie based on this story. Mangog was such a good villain.

Can anyone recommend some Mangog stories that are as good as Thor Vol 1 # 154 - 157 or close to it?

I did a search for best mangog stories and nothing really came up.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-30-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I just finished reading Thor Vol 1 # 154 - 157 and I must say it was an epic story. Stan Lee & Jack Kirby did a great job. I think Marvel should have made a Thor movie based on this story. Mangog was such a good villain.

Can anyone recommend some Mangog stories that are as good as Thor Vol 1 # 154 - 157 or close to it?

you have Aaron's Mangog story but that story is so bad I want to puke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    The era of Jobhor (Jobber Thor) is finally over at last.

"The era of jobber Thor is over"

"Thor gets knocked down by a rock"

BANNED

Pretty good issue, though power wise it was a bit strange, Thor gets brought to his knees by a rock, then proceeds to tank without a scratch a planet exploding in his face, then proceeds to bleed after being hit by Beta Ray Bill's hammer.

Minor nitpicks though, it was a very solid issue, and Thor fighting Galactus and striking his knee out with Mjolnir was badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post

There's the story where Mangog impersonates Odin and the one where he teams up with a rogue clone of Thanos in Dan Jurgens run.

I think Mangog is one of those villains that needs more exposure. He's like Marvel's Doomsday.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 01-31-2020 at 04:25 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

"The era of jobber Thor is over"

"Thor gets knocked down by a rock"

Still better than Thor almost dying frozen or falling on some random spikes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Pretty good issue, though power wise it was a bit strange, Thor gets brought to his knees by a rock, then proceeds to tank without a scratch a planet exploding in his face, then proceeds to bleed after being hit by Beta Ray Bill's hammer.

Minor nitpicks though, it was a very solid issue, and Thor fighting Galactus and striking his knee out with Mjolnir was badass.
    Minor nitpick, but I don't think BRB bloodied him with his hammer. It looked like the shockwave of those blasts from Skuttlebutt did that. They visible hurt a sated Galactus so I assume they pack a wallop.
    Last edited by Brice; 01-31-2020 at 05:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Still better than Thor almost dying frozen or falling on some random spikes.
    See you could argue that those spikes could be anything and the cold that almost killed him was from Ymirs blood which is probably the coldest thing in existence, but here it's just a rock... it's literally just a rock....

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Beta Ray Bill back-up:
    "Defiance Means Death!"

Beta Ray Bill frees the psychic prisoners

and uses the pirates own psychic energy to power the ship so the former slaves can go home.

Script by Tom DeFalco, pencils by Ron Lim, inks by Mike DeCarlo
    I love Ron Lim. He is the definitive Thanos artist to me.

See you could argue that those spikes could be anything and the cold that almost killed him was from Ymirs blood which is probably the coldest thing in existence, but here it's just a rock... it's literally just a rock....
    those rocks can also be anything. could be way harder than any planet before LoL and those spikes had rock shapes, not to mention Thor was restrained by fodder Asgardians.

can't really grasp for straws now, can't we xd

Thor can tank attacks from Surtur and he survived full Ymir and yet one drop of Ymir's blood kills him...
    Last edited by GodThor; 01-31-2020 at 07:42 AM.

but yeah, Cates is inconsistent as hell.

at least he makes Thor powerful.

can't recall anything powerful from Aaron since Gorr.