Page 29 of 179 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Is Thor's current hammer Mjolnir or is he still working off of various substitutes? (and if Mjolnir, is it still alive?)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Is Thor's current hammer Mjolnir or is he still working off of various substitutes? (and if Mjolnir, is it still alive?)
    Mjolnir came back at the end of War of the Realms

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    technically Beta Ray Bill should be one shotted but I'm pretty sure he will give Thor hell.
    Bill only gets one shotted if Thor has the allpower within him. Without it, well, we saw what happened when they first time they met. And the second.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Preview for Thor #3

Interesting...

spoilers:
    so Thor once fought an army for two straight years without eating or sleeping, and it was such a non-event for him that he's forgotten it by the present day. IIRC this take on Thor's memory has been used before, where Thor has lived for so long and done so much that he's forgotten more than most will ever know.

Also it's nice to see the classic Kirby costume again.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Bill only gets one shotted if Thor has the allpower within him. Without it, well, we saw what happened when they first time they met. And the second.
    he has OF and Power Cosmic on top of his own power...

BANNED

Yep, he should end Bill with a snap of his finger...

Now watch as Cates ignores these 2 major power ups and has them have a long drown out fight where Thor will most likely win but not after struggling to do so.....

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Odinforce means nothing these days.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yep, he should end Bill with a snap of his finger...

Now watch as Cates ignores these 2 major power ups and has them have a long drown out fight where Thor will most likely win but not after struggling to do so.....
    That's not really Thor's character. Honor means something to him. He would hold himself back and give Bill as fair a fight as he could out of respect for him. Thor might resort to 'a snap' if everything else failed, but he certainly wouldn't start there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    That's not really Thor's character. Honor means something to him. He would hold himself back and give Bill as fair a fight as he could out of respect for him. Thor might resort to 'a snap' if everything else failed, but he certainly wouldn't start there.
    Sure, lets see how the fight goes then if Thor holds himself back, also how much Bill is able to damage Thor considering the guy should straight up tank galaxy level attacks at this point, but we are all suppose to be happy with him no selling planet busting ones and then cringe at him getting dropped by a rock hitting him in the back...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Preview for Thor #3

Interesting...

spoilers:
    so Thor once fought an army for two straight years without eating or sleeping, and it was such a non-event for him that he's forgotten it by the present day. IIRC this take on Thor's memory has been used before, where Thor has lived for so long and done so much that he's forgotten more than most will ever know.

Also it's nice to see the classic Kirby costume again.
    end of spoilers
    I think i am dropping Thor...

Apparently Thor having to fight against some aliens with wooden spears and swords for 2 years just reinforces the idea that a bunch of neanderthals can take Thor in a fight...

The Thor memes will never die... FernandoComics was right, Aaron might have actually ruined Thor forever...

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

You’re dropping the title because Thor got hit by a rock last issue?

Ultimate Member

I think people are over-reacting to the rock thing.

Upon reading the book, Thor wasn't taken out by the rock, he was just hit from behind and somewhat startled. Besides, it wasn't humans throwing the rocks and we have no idea how strong those creatures are.

Also, Thor fighting that army for two years without food or sleep is a pretty insane feat. It wasn't just an army of ordinary people carrying ordinary weapons, it was all sort of monsters with some big ass weapons fighting against him.

I've vocally criticized Thor being depicted as a punk at times but power levels aren't every thing. That being said, I fully expect Thor to smack Beta Ray Bill around but Thor isn't a bully and probably won't cut loose on Bill with all his power (s).
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-07-2020 at 06:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    You’re dropping the title because Thor got hit by a rock last issue?
    No because for years i had to deal with Aarons BS and now that Cates has taken over(someone who is a self-proclaimed Aaron fanboy) he seems to be continuing the tradition with last issue Thor getting dropped by a rock and this issue showing a preview of Thor being stabbed with wooden spears and swords... I am gonna save myself the headache of watching Thor with Odin Force and power cosmic struggle to put down Bill and any other future nonsense and just skip this book entirely.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Cates liked Aaron’s work. Cates is not Aaron.
    It’s just a rock and some spears...a minuscule moment in the middle of a comic that doesn’t deserve such in depth insight or scrutiny.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I think i am dropping Thor...

Apparently Thor having to fight against some aliens with wooden spears and swords for 2 years just reinforces the idea that a bunch of neanderthals can take Thor in a fight...

The Thor memes will never die... FernandoComics was right, Aaron might have actually ruined Thor forever...
    Nah, the next Thor movie will probably ruin the character forever. Although Aaron is a pretty close second.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.