Page 32 of 179 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    There is no reason to think, based off the dialogue in the preview for issue three, that that flashback to an epic battle Thor has long forgot has anything to do with the hidden planets. It seems to exist to juxtapose with the upcoming battle with Bill that Thor "will remember for all the days to come".
    I'm referring to the issue prior, where people were getting whiny about a rock

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Good thing you're in minority with that opinion. The MCU does a fantastic job with beginnings, middles, and ends, and it's only going to continue with new characters.
    Yea it sure did a banging job with Hulk lol.

BANNED

I must confess. Not since the God Butcher Saga have I enjoyed reading Thor this much. Within just 2 issues, Donny Cates run so far is better than Jason Aaron's Thor run from the Accursed arc onwards. I did like the King Thor mini, except the stupid little oddity stories in the last issue. All in all, I'm looking forward to see what Cates will do with Thor.

Astonishing Member

Good thing you're in minority with that opinion. The MCU does a fantastic job with beginnings, middles, and ends, and it's only going to continue with new characters.
    Opinions vary

That's just one, just as yours is

Views on fantastic jobs is really hyperbolic

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Opinions vary

That's just one, just as yours is

Views on fantastic jobs is really hyperbolic
    Well, at least compared to DC it's a fact, not opinion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, at least compared to DC it's a fact, not opinion
    No it is not

Because it cannot be verified by evidence

The film's selling billions are not proof of good character development, which is what you quoted and commented on

The film's selling is proof people wanted to watch them, but not why they did

We can surmise many reasons, but there is no rigorous proof available

Since what you said is a fact has no proof, it by definition is just an opinion

If it becomes proven it would stop being one

The comparison to DC only demonstrates that one Franchise is more popular, not the reasons why
    Last edited by kilderkin; 02-11-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Cates must've not wanted to tie-in - good news for Thor fans though as that means two issues a month for the duration of the mini.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Different strokes, I guess. The formula wore thin for me, personally.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Since when was Thor popular, Infinity War aside?
    He's been gaining popularity since his return in 2007, but that was gradual, he gained massive exposure with the MCU and became a houshold name, especially after Ragnarok and Infinity War which cemented Thor as the Avengers' powerhouse, he's become pretty mainstream and many of my friends even go as far as saying he'd beat Superman's ass. {

That si of course without the over-analyzing of feats us comic book fans do, but it does tell you something how people view Thor and the undeniable massive spike in popularity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    He's been gaining popularity since his return in 2007, but that was gradual, he gained massive exposure with the MCU and became a houshold name, especially after Ragnarok and Infinity War which cemented Thor as the Avengers' powerhouse, he's become pretty mainstream and many of my friends even go as far as saying he'd beat Superman's ass. {

That si of course without the over-analyzing of feats us comic book fans do, but it does tell you something how people view Thor and the undeniable massive spike in popularity.
    Which is nice for sure

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I like Ram V, so I'm down for him writing Thor .
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It's nice to see being in charge of the Bifrost isn't preventing Sif from getting in on the action. If this were the past era, I think that's what it definitely would've done.

Although Thor doesn't come off looking so great here. Sif is protecting a weakened Bill and Thor petulantly throws his hammer at them?

I just finished reading Thor #3.
    I thought the issue was great. There were a lot of people going into this issue with trepidation.
    IMO I think people will be satisfied.
    Great issue and Thor’s noble character really shines through.
    Great fight too.