Page 33 of 179 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I hope Thor is being forced by Galactus to throw the hammer there or something, because i can't for the life of me think why he would attack Sif like that... especially seeing as she is protecting a wounded Bill, Thor just comes off as an a-hole.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Oh nice, so at least this big event won't interrupt the book!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm all for Sif action but fighting OF+Power Cosmic Thor is not one of them.

I'm all for Sif action but fighting OF+Power Cosmic Thor is not one of them.
    True, but as Thor is in his regular form here I don’t think she’ll be fighting that version.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    True, but as Thor is in his regular form here I don’t think she’ll be fighting that version.
    he still has OF and Power Cosmic if I understood this chapter where he fought Bill.
    Last edited by GodThor; 02-12-2020 at 11:14 AM.

he still has OF and Power Cosmic if I understood this chapter where he fought Bill.
    That is true spoilers:
    but he powered down said he’d fight him on even terms without the OF or PC.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    That is true spoilers:
    but he powered down said he’d fight him on even terms without the OF or PC.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think he powered down since he literally repelled Galactus when he went back to his normal look. my bet is he used OF. problem is, OF is trash this days.
    end of spoilers

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Ram V, so I'm down for him writing Thor .

It's nice to see being in charge of the Bifrost isn't preventing Sif from getting in on the action. If this were the past era, I think that's what it definitely would've done.

Although Thor doesn't come off looking so great here. Sif is protecting a weakened Bill and Thor petulantly throws his hammer at them?
    On one hand, i'm happy Lady Sif is finally getting some action. On the other hand i don't like how Cates Is lowballing the Power Cosmic.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Kinda getting bored of the way Thor is being written as The God rather than A god.

He should be able to stand up to Galactus, but not keep brushing him aside and beating him over and over.

I know both Thor and Galactus have been used as the punching bag to put others over, but I just find that it's getting a bit....over played with Thor?

He's a bit too powerful, it's not making for the best read. It's an obvious trope to fight rather than talk; Thor just needs to explain what is going on and why he's allied with Galactus, but I guess that wouldn't be exciting either....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This issue was no good. Sadly, I'm out. The pacing is terrible, and there's just...nothing here.

The set up, Galactus and Thor working together, is interesting enough but that can't just be The Story. There needs to be more meat in the individual issues.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-12-2020 at 05:32 PM.

BANNED

I feel like the consistency is just never going to be there... i mean it started out as it should but than my brain melted trying to understand and wrap my head around what Cates was doing...

Also the pacing is just exhausting... Issue 1 ends with a fight that continues in issue 2 and lasts all the way to the end of issue 2 and then issue 3 starts off with a fight that lasts all the way till the end of issue 3 and then issue 4 will start off with a fight, FOR GODS SAKE MAN LET ME BREATHE. Like this comic has the worst pacing ever. Can we please put down our hammers for like a few seconds to explain the plot, to delve more into the characters, like poor Galactus... such an iconic and powerful character just a random plot device punching bag standing there in the background...

One thing i always disliked about Cates is that he showed no respect to characters other than the ones he wrote or really liked, you would see that whenever he would have other characters guest star in the book, they would merely be used as stepping stones in a very poor and obvious way.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 02-13-2020 at 05:19 AM.

The next issue better subvert my expectations and have the fight end early, cause two issues of no real plot advancement is a no no to me

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I feel like the consistency is just never going to be there... i mean it started out as it should but than my brain melted trying to understand and wrap my head around what Cates was doing...

Also the pacing is just exhausting... Issue 1 ends with a fight that continues in issue 2 and lasts all the way to the end of issue 2 and then issue 3 starts off with a fight that lasts all the way till the end of issue 3 and then issue 4 will start off with a fight, FOR GODS SAKE MAN LET ME BREATHE. Like this comic has the worst pacing ever. Can we please put down our hammers for like a few seconds to explain the plot, to delve more into the characters, like poor Galactus... such an iconic and powerful character just a random plot device punching bag standing there in the background...

One thing i always disliked about Cates is that he showed no respect to characters other than the ones he wrote or really liked, you would see that whenever he would have other characters guest star in the book, they would merely be used as stepping stones in a very poor and obvious way.
    This feels like Blood & Thunder from the nineties. Just Thor beating characters non stop without much plot development. I mean it's not like action and quiet character moments are mutually exclusive
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 02-13-2020 at 07:01 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

spoilers:
    I don't think he powered down since he literally repelled Galactus when he went back to his normal look. my bet is he used OF. problem is, OF is trash this days.
    end of spoilers
    Was that blue energy beam he shot at Galactus the God Blast/Anti-Force?

BANNED

I'd love for the MCU Gaea to show up whenever the super hero team "Defenders" debut on the big screen or Disney+ in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.