Page 43 of 179 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Jason Aaron strikes again and ruins yet another character with one of his trademark retcons that make no sense, the new victim is Tony Stark.

He really is a cancer, dude needs to be fired and not let anywhere near comic books any time soon.

Sad part is, the Avengers issue was actually good and entertaining, so it does show that he has talent to write interesting stuff, what I don't get is his constant need to butcher continuity in order to tell his stories.
    See? He is pretty much Bendis 2.0.

Can't wait for the Unworthy Iron Man saga, where Tony is unable to wear his armors and refuses to be called Tony.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    See? He is pretty much Bendis 2.0.

Can't wait for the Unworthy Iron Man saga, where Tony is unable to wear his armors and refuses to be called Tony.
    He can’t be Tony, because Aunt May finds the armour, which chooses her. Then she becomes Lady Tony and uses it much better than he did.

Eventually he will get it back and be more powerful than EVAH!

...only to be knocked out by Jubilee...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Energy he gave her knowing that’s what she does.

But for an explanation you only have to look at how KT writes him two issues later.

“They only cloned Thor’s head? What happened to my beautiful and majestic body?”

Translation - “Me am Thor am bid dum male, ug.”

Not to mention he rages about being cloned while the last two people who used a Thor clone are standing right there.
    It's kinda obvious KT was trying to channel post-Ragnarok MCU Thor. Kinda like how 616 Star-Lord has been turned into a copy of Prattlord under Bendis. The thing Is, although MCU Thor acts like a goofball fratboy, he is still a determined hero and he doesn't become ineffectual the moment he loses the hammer.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    It's kinda obvious KT was trying to channel post-Ragnarok MCU Thor. Kinda like how 616 Star-Lord has been turned into a copy of Prattlord under Bendis. The thing Is, although MCU Thor acts like a goofball fratboy, he is still a determined hero and he doesn't become ineffectual the moment he loses the hammer.
    No, only when he gains 50 pounds.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

He can’t be Tony, because Aunt May finds the armour, which chooses her. Then she becomes Lady Tony and uses it much better than he did.

Eventually he will get it back and be more powerful than EVAH!

...only to be knocked out by Jubilee...
    Nah. I was thinking of Pepper Potts becoming the invincible Iron Lady. Also Tony's reactor Is revealed to be a trapped Cosmic Cube with a grudge, who ditches Tony and chooses Pepper just because she has a good heart

Just read through Carol Danvers beating the crap out of Thor in her own book, because she can blast Mjolnir so far away it can’t get back to him in time.

WTF? I just saw him throw it thorough all ten realms and hit a moving target on Earth while he was standing in Asgard. But Danvers can just push it out of reach.

Utterly ridiculous. Oh, and now that Thor has Hercules level dumbness (according to Kelly Thomson) he can’t figure out his lightning is powering her up through the fight.

Gawd help us.
    When did this horseshit happen? Also the editors that allowed it to happen should be fired because they're obviously incompetent and don't know anything about the company that they work for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    When did this horseshit happen? Also the editors that allowed it to happen should be fired because they're obviously incompetent and don't know anything about the company that they work for.
    It happened in the Captain Marvel book a couple of months back, she is going through each of her Avengers teammates and beating them up 1 by 1, she just got done beating up She-Hulk and Captain America last issue.

It's a very lazy, out of nowhere, forced arc that has no real relevance and is something the writer came up with last minute just to boost the sales because Captain Marvel literally can't sustain her own book for long. Even this cheap ploy only helped her for a few months, she already started dipping under the 30k sale range and the closer she gets to 20k the closer we get to another relaunch from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It happened in the Captain Marvel book a couple of months back, she is going through each of her Avengers teammates and beating them up 1 by 1, she just got done beating up She-Hulk and Captain America last issue.

It's a very lazy, out of nowhere, forced arc that has no real relevance and is something the writer came up with last minute just to boost the sales because Captain Marvel literally can't sustain her own book for long. Even this cheap ploy only helped her for a few months, she already started dipping under the 30k sale range and the closer she gets to 20k the closer we get to another relaunch from her.
    Does she have the Nega Bands now? Because if so I could see her winning a close fight. Those would more than double her powers. Also she should already have them since Marvel named her Captain Marvel.

Was Thor cursed with brittle bones again or mesmerized by the Enchantress?

Does she have the Nega Bands now? Because if so I could see her winning a close fight. Those would more than double her powers. Also she should already have them since Marvel named her Captain Marvel.

He was cursed by Aaron's jobbing spell.

Awful writer. Every book he touches is bad.

Awful writer. Every book he touches is bad.
    I think he should stick with street level characters and stay away from fantasy/cosmic characters.

BANNED

No she doesn't have the Nega bands.

Thor is fine, it's that the writers need to convince the readers that Carol is totally a heavy hitter like someone like Thor and Hulk would be so she needs to beat up her team to prove it i guess.

It doesn't help that he just got possessed in the Valkyrie book by something Jane resisted so now he will fight Jane... and seeing as Aaron is behind the wheel i can only imagine who is gonna win that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    No she doesn't have the Nega bands.

Thor is fine, it's that the writers need to convince the readers that Carol is totally a heavy hitter like someone like Thor and Hulk would be so she needs to beat up her team to prove it i guess.

It doesn't help that he just got possessed in the Valkyrie book by something Jane resisted so now he will fight Jane... and seeing as Aaron is behind the wheel i can only imagine who is gonna win that one...
    No way Aaron is gonna leave Thor for good before having him getting owned by his waifu.

Extraordinary Member

In fairness to the writer i now realise that she blasted Mjolnir into a pocket dimension she had ready.

Still, I cannot remember the last time somebody hit a Thor hard Anoushiravan to make him drop the hammer. So to me it’s still rubbish.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-03-2020 at 07:09 AM.

BANNED

In fairness to the writer i now realise that she blasted Mjolnir into a pocket dimension she had ready.

Still, I can remember the last time somebody hit a Thor hard Anoushiravan to make him drop the hammer. So to me it’s still rubbish.
    back when thor had the weakness of turning human after being separated from his hammer for a short time, he'd get hit hard enough to drop his hammer (or just throw it 100 ft away and get preoccupied to not retrieve it immediately) to create tension or give weaker opponents a chance occasionally

like against a gladiator from the future in jurgen's run