Page 44 of 179 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    back when thor had the weakness of turning human after being separated from his hammer for a short time, he'd get hit hard enough to drop his hammer (or just throw it 100 ft away and get preoccupied to not retrieve it immediately) to create tension or give weaker opponents a chance occasionally

like against a gladiator from the future in jurgen's run
    That is true, now that I think of it. Beta Ray Bill did the same thing in 337.

Though unless I am mistaken, the hammer retrieves itself when thrown.

I guess I will to comfort myself knowing Carol couldn’t have beaten him without help from Singularity. One on one she’s got next to no chance.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-04-2020 at 12:34 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    In fairness to the writer i now realise that she blasted Mjolnir into a pocket dimension she had ready.

Still, I cannot remember the last time somebody hit a Thor hard Anoushiravan to make him drop the hammer. So to me it’s still rubbish.
    He does not change back to human and has most of his powers without Mjolnir so that trope is no longer usable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    You honestly enjoyed his Avengers? I'm not judging, but the run has been mediocre at best IMO.
    Nope, I somewhat enjoyed the issue, but his overall Avengers run is the most boring, mediocre and cringe-worthy Avengers book I've ever read.

I've discussed how bad it is plenty of times before on this thread, which is a shame, because as much **** as we give Aaron, he is good (most of the time) at writing bombastic and cinematic stuff with great action, which is right up the alley of an Avengers book, so I was really confident that this book was going to be gold, boy was I wrong, it's garbage.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Nope, I somewhat enjoyed the issue, but his overall Avengers run is the most boring, mediocre and cringe-worthy Avengers book I've ever read.

I've discussed how bad it is plenty of times before on this thread, which is a shame, because as much **** as we give Aaron, he is good (most of the time) at writing bombastic and cinematic stuff with great action, which is right up the alley of an Avengers book, so I was really confident that this book was going to be gold, boy was I wrong, it's garbage.
    Even worse than Bendis' Avengers run?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Amazing Member

Fair enough. I want to say Aaron is good (Punisher MAX, God of Thunder) but it's clear that he has lost his edge. The sooner we put him behind us, the better.

Amazing Member

On a different note, if there is an aspect of Thor you guys think a writer should dwell on, what would it be?

I'd go with his fighting skill. He needs to show more of it.

On a different note, if there is an aspect of Thor you guys think a writer should dwell on, what would it be?

Make Thor more smart, resourceful and classy.

Also bring back the God Blast or Anti-Force.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

If at all possible, I'd LOVE it if there was more focus on Thor's interactions with the mortals of Midgard (especially, the camaraderie he shares with his fellow allies on the Avengers). How an immortal views beings with a short lifespan is always of interest.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-04-2020 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Added extra dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Make Thor more smart, resourceful and classy.

Also bring back the God Blast or Anti-Force.
    Agreed with this. Felt like we've been lacking this in Thor's portrayal for a while now.

BANNED

Even worse than Bendis' Avengers run?
    I know you don't like Bendis as a writer, but his Avengers was actually pretty good, at least the first couple of years.

I know you don't like Bendis as a writer, but his Avengers was actually pretty good, at least the first couple of years.
    I don't like that he wrote Wanda as a nutjob and turned the Avengers into Luke Cage and his Amazing Friends. I likede the story with Future Ultron and the kid Avengers though

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If at all possible, I'd LOVE it if there was more focus on Thor's interactions with the mortals of Midgard (especially, the camaraderie he shares with his fellow allies on the Avengers). How an immortal views beings with a short lifespan is always of interest.
    I would also have hin interact with his more obscure antagonists like Man-Beast and a team up with Adam Warlock. Also it's a pity Thor doesn't interact with other pantheons more often. Can you imagine him meeting Susanoo the japanese god of storms?
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 03-05-2020 at 02:22 AM.

I would also have hin interact with his more obscure antagonists like Man-Beast and a team up with Adam Warlock.
    Agreed. Mustn't forget either Warlock or those pesky ne'er-do-wells of obscurity.

Also it's a pity Thor doesn't interact with other pantheons more often. Can you imagine him meeting Susanoo the japanese god of storms?
    That would be nice too. I remember when Thor met Leir:

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-05-2020 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Added more stuff.

BANNED

Hey yeah, the Celtic Gods of Avalon. For ages, enmity existed between the gods of Avalon and the gods of Asgard I'd like it were they to appear in the MCU.

BANNED

Hating gods is not atheism but misotheism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In the context of the comics though, a more apt word for it would be racism, though.

Gods are people with differing motivations, actions, beliefs and cultures. Within comics themselves, they are a sentient and sapient race, even if what being a God actually is, is rather vague.

To be clear, in a real world context, Gorr's racism is about as harmless as you can get. It's directed against a fictional group of people that have never existed and not representative of any modern, real world culture. Its like being racist against gnomes.
    A relief to read that the comicbook character Gorr's racism is harmless in a real world context. Thank God!