Page 48 of 179 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    it's about time someone told Thor to get his s*** together.
    And it's about a logical character point, not a strawman!

BANNED

This was NICE.

I enjoyed Thor #4. I love his interaction with Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And it's about a logical character point, not a strawman!
    Oh, I was worried it was going to be like the past era where Thor is a complete mess and slob and needs to be told off for it...

BANNED

Excellent issue, my favorite so far, Thor had to make that hard decision.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I think Mangog would make a Hel of a Hulk villain.

Really enjoyed this latest issue, i liked Sif giving Thor a ''get hold of yourself man'' speech. The usual ending splash page was pretty scary this time.

I hope Cates gives Thor some character development issues after the Black Winter is done.
    Don't worry, I'm sure he will, and this seems to be Cates' MO, start with an epic grand scale arc, and then do some massive chracter development, it's exactly what he did in Venom.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, I was worried it was going to be like the past era where Thor is a complete mess and slob and needs to be told off for it...
    What happened to JKtheMac though? I wonder what he thinks of these recent issues if he didn't drop Thor the moment Aaron left.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member

Loving some of Thor's feats in the run so far

Really disliked how he handled bill, utterly detested that
    Last edited by kilderkin; 03-14-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Loving some of Thor's feats in the run do far

Really disliked how he handled bill, utterly detested that
    He also had Bill jobbed by Gladiator in his GOTG run.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure he will, and this seems to be Cates' MO, start with an epic grand scale arc, and then do some massive chracter development, it's exactly what he did in Venom.
    We need more Superman-style introspective stories with Thor, exploring his compassionate side and how he relates to regular people,

We need more Superman-style introspective stories with Thor, exploring his compassionate side and how he relates to regular people,
    That's what I liked about this issue and this series in general. Even as the king of Asgard who sees the big picture with the Black Winter, he still remembers the people. If he can't save them, then he'll avenge them. Great stuff!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    That's what I liked about this issue and this series in general. Even as the king of Asgard who sees the big picture with the Black Winter, he still remembers the people. If he can't save them, then he'll avenge them. Great stuff!
    The tears in his eyes as he told Galactus he'll pay for what he did was a very nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    The tears in his eyes as he told Galactus he'll pay for what he did was a very nice touch.
    But until then. Until then.

But until then. Until then.
    Exactly. Again, Thor may be a god. Hell, he's king of Asgard now. But he still remembers us mortals. That's a trait some people tend to forget about Thor .

In any case, yeah, I'm digging this storyline. It would have been easy to pass it off as Thor being turned into an unquestioning loyal herald of Galactus. But no, Thor reminds Galactus where the lines are in the relationship.

Plus we get to see Thor shoot lighting and throw his hammer. Good enough for me !
    iinally, that scene with Thor and Galactus staring down the Black Winter:

Chilling. This nearly shapeless, ominous mass dwarfs Galactus and REALLY dwarfs Thor.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Exactly. Again, Thor may be a god. Hell, he's king of Asgard now. But he still remembers us mortals. That's a trait some people tend to forget about Thor .

In any case, yeah, I'm digging this storyline. It would have been easy to pass it off as Thor being turned into an unquestioning loyal herald of Galactus. But no, Thor reminds Galactus where the lines are in the relationship.

Plus we get to see Thor shoot lighting and throw his hammer. Good enough for me !
    iinally, that scene with Thor and Galactus staring down the Black Winter:

Chilling. This nearly shapeless, ominous mass dwarfs Galactus and REALLY dwarfs Thor.
    Just how many eldritch abominations does Marvel have? We have Shuma-Gorath, the Cancerverse, the First Firmament, the One Below All and now this.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Still on the fence with this run. Thor doesn’t seem like Thor as much as I’d hoped. I’m sticking with it, but Cates has a tendency to just go a little too big without a decent amount of build up.

I actually think he writes a great Bill. Thor needs a little bit of a depower and a bit more relatability...but I’ll see where it goes.