Page 64 of 179 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

honestly, Mangog is worse than Gorr.

Gorr has some depth while Mangog has none.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    honestly, Mangog is worse than Gorr.

Gorr has some depth while Mangog has none.
    Mangog is like Doomsday: a badass and cool looking monster with the depth of a puddle. Although him being created by people killed by Odin does give some nice ideas. And he's a Stan & Jack character, that alone makes it 10x cooler than Gorr.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It'd be interesting to see Bale play him though. Not a villain I really want to see, but Bale as Gorr could be cool.

Given the name of the movie I'm assuming we'll get Loreli, maybe Enchantress, as the main villain. Bale...I'm guessing he'll play....crap, the Roxxon CEO who turns into a minotaur....I forget his name. We need some reason for Thor to return to earth and get Jane involved in things, and that guy would serve the role well enough.

Anyway, not to dredge up the old discussions, but I'm not terribly worried about Thor 4. Most of the flaws of Aaron's run are non-issues here; Odin and Frigga are dead, Asgard is gone, Thor has Stormbreaker and no reason to whine about Mjlonir, so and so forth. We already had the MCU version of Unworthy with Endgame, so I figure the odds of that getting repeated here are slim.

Without doubt the flaws in Ragnarok will be present in Love & Thunder. It'll likely be too joke-y and ruin a lot of moments that should be far more emotional and dramatic, Thor will be a lovable idiot instead of a badass viking god king, and so on.

But the problems we had with Aaron....well, Aaron isn't writing this movie. It'll be very loosely based on his run, but like, very, very, very loosely based. If Takitti (spelling?) makes the same mistakes, that'll be on him. The MCU has never been overly loyal to the source material they adapt, so if Thor 4 drops the ball, that's on them, not Aaron.
    Who would you pick as the villain of Thor 4?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Mangog is like Doomsday: a badass and cool looking monster with the depth of a puddle. Although him being created by people killed by Odin does give some nice ideas. And he's a Stan & Jack character, that alone makes it 10x cooler than Gorr.
    Did they ever show what the original race that Odin wiped out looked like?

yeah but they clearly never used him right since their days so it's better off for him to stay obsolete.

same for Gorr.

it was a pretty bad idea to bring him back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Did they ever show what the original race that Odin wiped out looked like?
    They looked like Generic ''human aliens'' when Odin brought them back to life in Mighty Thor #157 and they never appeared again.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah but they clearly never used him right since their days so it's better off for him to stay obsolete.

same for Gorr.

it was a pretty bad idea to bring him back again.
    Hey, at least thet tried something creative in the seventies with Mangog disguised as Odin and trying to destroy Asgard from the inside.

Ultimate Member

I hope Gorr is not the villain. Such an overrated antagonist.
    I'm confident they won't, at least not without a major remodel. Marvel has shown itself to be very reluctant to invoke Thor's Godly status. Compare the 3rd movie to the first two.

They looked like Generic ''human aliens'' when Odin brought them back to life in Mighty Thor #157 and they never appeared again.
    I don't remember ever reading that, but that sucks lol. Could have been a good story there.

Who would you pick as the villain of Thor 4?
    Well, having no real idea of what this movie is gonna be about.....

Phase 4 feels like it's trying to dip into new subgenres; Dr. Strange 2 is supposed to be a horror film, etc etc. So I suspect Love & Thunder might be a Marvel romantic comedy. If that's the case, then I think you gotta go with Enchantress or Loreli, maybe both.

Ragnarok had a few secondary villains too, so I'm guessing we'll get the same thing here. For them, I dunno. If we need a villain for Thor to return to Midgard (to bring Jane into the story, or Val, or whatever) then that Roxxon guy, what's his name, Argo? Agger? he could work for a minor, Act 1 kind of villain. And Christian Bale would be good in that role too. We probably need someone a little beefier than Enchantress and her sister, so Thor can have a proper fist fight, so maybe Ulik can get roped in somehow.

Maybe we could bring in Karnilla. We've already seen the Norns mentioned in Age of Ultron, it'd be nice to see their queen finally show up. And if we get her, then the odds of Balder finally making his debut increase a lot, and that'd make me happy.

I think Bale would be fantastic as Gorr, but we know that Jane is coming in, Val is looking for a queen, and a big chunk of Asgardians are still dead, so I feel like Gorr's not the villain to use right now. God Butcher could make for a great film, but I don't think there's room here to do it properly, with all the other stuff we've heard is happening.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, having no real idea of what this movie is gonna be about.....

Phase 4 feels like it's trying to dip into new subgenres; Dr. Strange 2 is supposed to be a horror film, etc etc. So I suspect Love & Thunder might be a Marvel romantic comedy.
    Ugh no.

Screw this movie.

Hela was supposed to be a mixture of Gorr, Angela and Hela.

After what they did to Surtur I wouldn't be surprised if they throw Mangog in there just for name recognition.

I'm surprised Enchantress hasn't shown up yet.
    I knew that would make you happy.

Makes me sad though. I suppose if the Endgame beard and hair remain it'll be okay. It was nice to have a Thor who actually looked like a f**king viking instead of a male model.
    Made him look too much like Volstagg in my opinion.
    Maybe we could bring in Karnilla. We've already seen the Norns mentioned in Age of Ultron, it'd be nice to see their queen finally show up. And if we get her, then the odds of Balder finally making his debut increase a lot, and that'd make me happy.
    I'd be hyped for Balder and Karnilla, although I'm not sure I trust Waititi with Balder.

Astonishing Member

So I suspect Love & Thunder might be a Marvel romantic comedy.
    Ugh no.

Screw this movie.
    Well I've seen the opinion that because Marvel/DC movies are big enough now to experiment with many genres, a romantic comedy might be a way to finally make the Gambit movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Well I've seen the opinion that because Marvel/DC movies are big enough now to experiment with many genres, a romantic comedy might be a way to finally make the Gambit movie.
    But why having Thor in a romantic comedy? WHY!?