Page 71 of 179 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Lol. That just showed how nerfed MCU Thanos is and how shitted on Thor was.
    I almost feel like Thanos being nerfed in the movie likely had to do with "time spent developing Thanos" and "time spent developing the plot/characters" in the movie being at odds. Maybe the verbal acknowledgement by Gamora to Ronin in GGI ("this is one fight you cant win") and Hulks subsequent trouncing by Thanos in IWs would be enough from the ccx stand point of the writer / director?

As far as Thor, I got the impression Marvel was subtly passing the torch from Thor to Captain Marvel in EG when Thor gives her the hard stare and says, "I like this one". Some foreshadowing maybe?

But yeah, Thanos in the comic is pushing sky father level and Thor is well beyond Carol Danvers, save maybe in her Binary form.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Thor as he appeared in The Infinity War #3 (August, 1992).

BANNED

I am currently re-reading Walter Simonson's run after years, and it is so freaking amazing.

Now having it so fresh in my mind, something that this run has shown me is how absolutely awful, disgusting and insulting Aaron's run was to every single asgardian, they are worlds apart in characterization, I swear they are entirely different characters with different personalities, it is seriously jarring to see how a world and characters so rich were reduced to a parody. Seriously, I think Aaron is one of the worst things that has ever happened to the Thor lore, and I can only hope and beg that his portrayals don't stick and are completely forgotten in time.

I am making a recopilation of Odin's moments in this run, and I will post them here or even make a new thread for them once I finish the run to show what a rich, good and layered character Odin used to be.

BANNED

For starters, compare this to the trash portrayal of their relationship in Aaron's run.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 04-23-2020 at 09:42 AM.

BANNED

Hmm, how do I make the images appear bigger if I'm loading them directly from my computer files ?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Hmm, how do I make the images appear bigger if I'm loading them directly from my computer files ?
    Use [img] insert image link [/img]

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I almost feel like Thanos being nerfed in the movie likely had to do with "time spent developing Thanos" and "time spent developing the plot/characters" in the movie being at odds. Maybe the verbal acknowledgement by Gamora to Ronin in GGI ("this is one fight you cant win") and Hulks subsequent trouncing by Thanos in IWs would be enough from the ccx stand point of the writer / director?

As far as Thor, I got the impression Marvel was subtly passing the torch from Thor to Captain Marvel in EG when Thor gives her the hard stare and says, "I like this one". Some foreshadowing maybe?

But yeah, Thanos in the comic is pushing sky father level and Thor is well beyond Carol Danvers, save maybe in her Binary form.
    It's Ronan not Ronin.

It's just as annoying as calling Rogue ''Rouge''.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

I am currently re-reading Walter Simonson's run after years, and it is so freaking amazing.

Now having it so fresh in my mind, something that this run has shown me is how absolutely awful, disgusting and insulting Aaron's run was to every single asgardian, they are worlds apart in characterization, I swear they are entirely different characters with different personalities, it is seriously jarring to see how a world and characters so rich were reduced to a parody. Seriously, I think Aaron is one of the worst things that has ever happened to the Thor lore, and I can only hope and beg that his portrayals don't stick and are completely forgotten in time.

I am making a recopilation of Odin's moments in this run, and I will post them here or even make a new thread for them once I finish the run to show what a rich, good and layered character Odin used to be.
    Oh i agree with showing the differences between classic Thor and Aaron's Thor. But Aaron fans Will be in denial.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Oh i agree with showing the differences between classic Thor and Aaron's Thor. But Aaron fans Will be in denial.
    Hard to deny cold hard facts

For starters, compare this to the trash portrayal of their relationship in Aaron's run.

By the gods. I miss this Odin.

Hard to deny cold hard facts
    Try posting It on R/comicbooks and you'll see.

BANNED

By the gods. I miss this Odin.
    Wait till I finish my recopilation of Odin moments, and I'm only making it from Simsonson's run, but I'm thinking of including Dan Jurgens' as well, but that would take more time, as I'd need to re-read it as well and capture any Odin moments, he also did a phenomenal Odin.

Man, he was such a great character.

Wait till I finish my recopilation of Odin moments, and I'm only making it from Simsonson's run, but I'm thinking of including Dan Jurgens' as well, but that would take more time, as I'd need to re-read it as well and capture any Odin moments, he also did a phenomenal Odin.

Man, he was such a great character.
    His heroic sacrifice against Surtur was epic.

''But Odin has always been a jerk!''
    -Aaron fan

BANNED

His heroic sacrifice against Surtur was epic.

''But Odin has always been a jerk!''
    -Aaron fan
    How would they know ? 90% of them have only read Aaron's run lol

How would they know ? 90% of them have only read Aaron's run lol
    They'll probably cherry pick moments from the classic Lee/Kirby run where Odin was harsh to Thor. Also moments from Matt Fraction's run.