Page 82 of 179 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2680
    BANNED

also, was reading the end of JMS' run, Strange says Odin used his life-energy (which was used synonymously with Odinforce) to create and empower Mjolnir, and to repair it he has to link it with the life energy within thor (the odinforce he got, so this was the end of odinforce thor). Also, another condition was that since it was linked now to thor's life energy, if it were damaged or destroyed, thor would die as well (which I think is now ignored since mjolnir was destroyed and thor didn't die in aaron's run? Unless him dying to gor reset it)

So while I can deduct from this that without odinforce, an asgardian would die, I'm just looking for more supporting evidence I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Nah. When Odin runs out of Odinforce he must do the Odinsleep to recharge it.
    odin still has some odinforce while he sleeps afaik
    he also enters it when a large amount of energy is spent, or if he's been damaged
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 04-29-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    That makes me think, a big part of Odin being so powerful is thanks to the Odin Force, so how come Buri and Bor were just as powerful skyfathers ?

Not that I'm complaining, like I said previously, I like my asgardian gods portrayed as very powerful.
    Buri was weaker than Thor iirc.

I think Odin with Odinforce is the strongest Skyfather.

without it, he is still OP and around Thor's level. I don't think we ever saw him fighting without it but I remember him restraining a Skymother without it.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Buri was weaker than Thor iirc.

I think Odin with Odinforce is the strongest Skyfather.

without it, he is still OP and around Thor's level. I don't think we ever saw him fighting without it but I remember him restraining a Skymother without it.
    After said Skymother was badly hurt by Thor's God Blast.

I think Odin needs to have some feats without the Odinforce. Or at least never show him getting shanked by random masked mooks again.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    After said Skymother was badly hurt by Thor's God Blast.

I think Odin needs to have some feats without the Odinforce. Or at least never show him getting shanked by random masked mooks again.
    that's true but the Skymother had OF iirc.

but yeah, I think Odin with no Odinforce is listed around 90 tons.

btw, amped Zeus recently struggled with Nova or something.

that's true but the Skymother had OF iirc.

but yeah, I think Odin with no Odinforce is listed around 90 tons.

btw, amped Zeus recently struggled with Nova or something.
    My boy Richard Rider deserved to have a good showing. Poor guy.

Btw the Skymother Is called Majeston Zelia. Another underdeveloped villain.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    also, was reading the end of JMS' run, Strange says Odin used his life-energy (which was used synonymously with Odinforce) to create and empower Mjolnir, and to repair it he has to link it with the life energy within thor (the odinforce he got, so this was the end of odinforce thor). Also, another condition was that since it was linked now to thor's life energy, if it were damaged or destroyed, thor would die as well (which I think is now ignored since mjolnir was destroyed and thor didn't die in aaron's run? Unless him dying to gor reset it)

So while I can deduct from this that without odinforce, an asgardian would die, I'm just looking for more supporting evidence I guess?

odin still has some odinforce while he sleeps afaik
    he also enters it when a large amount of energy is spent, or if he's been damaged
    Continuing with ths, whenever thor uses his godblast, he says he's combining his godly life energy/life force, with that of his hammer supreme.

Now, what happens if thor runs out of his life energy? Or can thor use it constantly, with only Odin having to incur the cost of it?

Aaron forgot about the hammer and Thor's life being linked.

as for Godblast, he didn't use that since Dan Jurgens days.

he can't use it all the time but his life energy comes back after a time I imagine.

Aaron forgot about the hammer and Thor's life being linked.

as for Godblast, he didn't use that since Dan Jurgens days.

he can't use it all the time but his life energy comes back after a time I imagine.
    I thought the last time was in Ragnarok Dissasembled when he used it to break a barrier.

I always thought Thor should use the Godblast or Bolt of Anti-Force more often since it reminds me of the Kamehameha.

BANNED

it's closer to Tri-Beam
    or ki ko ho

Beta Ray Bill used the God Blast against Stardust and Asteroth in his miniseries.
    Beta_ray_bill_godblast.jpg

BANNED

You gotta be kidding me, the new Thor issue will be released on June 24, that's a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    You gotta be kidding me, the new Thor issue will be released on June 24, that's a long wait.
    *sigh*

Figures. Cant remember the last time I actually anticipated an issue of Thor.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Maybe this is something Cates could explore at some point in time a little more in depth, Thor's relationship to Jord (Gaea). IIRC, Odin mated with Gaea to produce a hybrid that would be stronger than a normal Asgardian. Buri was the first Asgardian god to appear, then Bor who married from the giants. Wouldn't this make Odin and Vili and Ve hybrids of a different sort then? Don't recall. Suppose I need to go back and read some old issues. I suppose I'm saying, maybe the Odin force is the result of Odin's own formidable power combined with the life essences of Vili and Ve.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Yeah, we need more Thor & Gaea related stories, that relationship is barely explored, yet it is fundamental to Thor's character.

More preferable then focusing more on Freyja by this point...