Page 90 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2680
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    No it isn't, go and re-read the fight, anyone who wants can go and do so, I'm not going to go panel by panel how each Avenger fared, but they all lasted longer than Thor and unlike him connected hits, even if it ultimately did nothing to Hulk. I know this is the most powerful Hulk has been barring WBH, but even then it was just embarrasing, and I am dreading their next battle. Apparently The Avengers will have a rematch against Hulk and I just hope that Thor isn't there, because whatever happens, Thor already lost. If he wins (which I doubt Ewing will have anyone beat Hulk) it will be after a hard fight, to which Hulk fans will claim that even with the Odin Force Thor could barely beat Hulk, and if he loses (most likely scenario given this is Ewing) Hulk fans will say that not even Odin Force Thor could beat Hulk.

Either way, it's a lose-lose scenario for Thor.
    Yes it is, not a SINGLE Avenger goes longer than a single hit. Ghost Rider gets KO'd off screen by being thrown/punched, Tony's suit goes into critical mode after a single thunderclap after that Hulk just takes off it's arms because he is a sadist, Black Panther gets taken out with a single hit, She-Hulk gets taken out with a single hit, the only one that doesn't is Captain but he never gets hit except for Hulk punching his shield. Who exactly lasted more or did better there? Also not all off them connected hits, Ghost Rider gets beaten off panel basically. Once again Ewing has said on twitter their fight was bigger but when the comic opens up with them we just see the last punch between them. I don't think it's embarrassing for either Hulk or Thor to put down one another in these instances. The Avengers will have a rematch but we don't know any of the circumstances of the fight or if Thor will even be present. Also i don't think you should care that much what random fanboys say about Hulk and Thor, they will say this regardless if they ever fight, some are saying it right now, who cares.

That depends really, we might get a version of Hulk that is not only a match but exceeds even OF Thor quite a bit by that time, again it's too early to speculate anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yes it is, not a SINGLE Avenger goes longer than a single hit. Ghost Rider gets KO'd off screen by being thrown/punched, Tony's suit goes into critical mode after a single thunderclap after that Hulk just takes off it's arms because he is a sadist, Black Panther gets taken out with a single hit, She-Hulk gets taken out with a single hit, the only one that doesn't is Captain but he never gets hit except for Hulk punching his shield. Who exactly lasted more or did better there? Also not all off them connected hits, Ghost Rider gets beaten off panel basically. Once again Ewing has said on twitter their fight was bigger but when the comic opens up with them we just see the last punch between them. I don't think it's embarrassing for either Hulk or Thor to put down one another in these instances. The Avengers will have a rematch but we don't know any of the circumstances of the fight or if Thor will even be present. Also i don't think you should care that much what random fanboys say about Hulk and Thor, they will say this regardless if they ever fight, some are saying it right now, who cares.

That depends really, we might get a version of Hulk that is not only a match but exceeds even OF Thor quite a bit by that time, again it's too early to speculate anything.
    I disagree, there is more to the fights than whatyou brought up but I don't really care arguing about it.

When did Ewing said their fight lasted longer and we only saw that ? Because a lot of Hulk fans use that instance to say Hulk can beat Thor in a single hit.

BANNED

I disagree, there is more to the fights than whatyou brought up but I don't really care arguing about it.

When did Ewing said their fight lasted longer and we only saw that ? Because a lot of Hulk fans use that instance to say Hulk can beat Thor in a single hit.
    What is there more? They hit Hulk once yes but that doesn't mean any one of them lasted for more than a single hit.

He was answering questions on twitter, their fight was longer but we only saw the final punch. I mean both can and have beaten one another in a single hit before, I genuinely don't know why this confuses people, they don't have to have an hour long fight every time before a victor is determined.

No it isn't, go and re-read the fight, anyone who wants can go and do so, I'm not going to go panel by panel how each Avenger fared, but they all lasted longer than Thor and unlike him connected hits, even if it ultimately did nothing to Hulk. I know this is the most powerful Hulk has been barring WBH, but even then it was just embarrasing, and I am dreading their next battle. Apparently The Avengers will have a rematch against Hulk and I just hope that Thor isn't there, because whatever happens, Thor already lost. If he wins (which I doubt Ewing will have anyone beat Hulk) it will be after a hard fight, to which Hulk fans will claim that even with the Odin Force Thor could barely beat Hulk, and if he loses (most likely scenario given this is Ewing) Hulk fans will say that not even Odin Force Thor could beat Hulk.

Either way, it's a lose-lose scenario for Thor.
    I have yet to catch up on Immortal Hulk, but hasn't continuity changed to, "dude is a conduit for The One Below All"? Maybe I misunderstood...I dunno man. I think I'm like you. I just prefer at this point they not introduce Thor in this. I just don't think I'm ready for another reason why Hulk trumps Thor in a fight, and Odin force Thor w/the power cosmic to boot. Yeesh.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

last 3 or 4 fights with the Hulk, it ended up with Thor being on the floor.

BANNED

dunno how many times they fought

Immortal hulk was the clean win
    Hickman's run had a win based on a cheap shot
    There was the time thanos mind controlled hulk for a nother cheap shot
    Then there was Nul where he won, but may have been amped

Ultimate Member

Unfortunately, in comics, Thor will always have a disadvantage against Hulk, for one simple reason.

If Hulk can be brought down by any one hero, or a team of heroes, then basic internal logic would insist that they bring him down immediately every time he crosses the line (which happens a lot).

As Hulk cannot have a series from inside a prison, he cannot lose.

Hence why no heroes are allowed to have wins against Hulk that can be repeated. PIS for the sake of the ongoing series

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

The Mother Storm needs to get a retcon.

And Aaron's Odin needs a ''Infinity Abyss'' style retcon. That he was a faulty clone created by the original Odin that was sealed away because of a intellectual deficency that made him act like a boorish tyrant.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Fraction started it.
    Fraction's Odin was a dickish, reckless know-it-all with a 'humans are dung worms' philosophy, but he was never pathetic. He was actually quite powerful and menacing -- befitting a god of his station. Even then, his actions in Fear Itself could be chalked up to his fear of losing his son to a prophesy getting the best of him. Making him act errartic and reckless. That's not to say I don't take issues with this take. Imo, Stan Lee and Dan Jurgens did it best.

Aaron though, did away with all those traits and turned him into a full blown alcoholic, who is possibly senile. Less 'god of wisdom, skyfather and one of the most powerful immortals in the universe' and more 'weird, addled relative whom you don't feel like inviting to parties anymore'.
    Last edited by Brice; 05-16-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Fraction's Odin was a dickish, reckless know-it-all with a 'humans are dung worms' philosophy, but he was never pathetic. He was actually quite powerful and menacing -- befitting a god of his station. Even then, his actions in Fear Itself could be chalked up to his fear of losing his son to a prophesy getting the best of him. Making him act errartic and reckless. That's not to say I don't take issues with this take. Imo, Stan Lee and Dan Jurgens did it best.

Aaron though, did away with all those traits and turned him into a full blown alcoholic, who is possibly senile. Less 'god of wisdom, skyfather and one of the most powerful immortals in the universe' and more 'weird, addled relative whom you don't feel like inviting to parties anymore'.
    I'll give Fraction that.

his Odin was pretty powerful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Unfortunately, in comics, Thor will always have a disadvantage against Hulk, for one simple reason.

If Hulk can be brought down by any one hero, or a team of heroes, then basic internal logic would insist that they bring him down immediately every time he crosses the line (which happens a lot).

As Hulk cannot have a series from inside a prison, he cannot lose.

Hence why no heroes are allowed to have wins against Hulk that can be repeated. PIS for the sake of the ongoing series
    This is one of the sillier arguments i have heard in a while.

Thor has beaten Hulk before, so have many other individuals, hell even Thing recently beat Immortal Hulk one of the stronger incarnations of Hulk and he isn't as strong as either Hulk or Thor but showed that he can beat him.

Where were writers/editors to stop that one from happening?

As a Hulk and Thor fan, let me tell you why Thor and other heroes have a tough time dealing with Hulk, it's very simple. Hulk is very strong, yep you heard it here first folks, case closed. But seriously apart from the obvious if you haven't noticed in modern times Hulks damage soak and healing factor have been pushed harder and harder. Back in classic times Hulk literally had no healing factor, none at all and nowadays he has one of the most broken ones in Marvel, because he lacks versatility as a fighter he compensates that by being a character that can have his head cut off, his brain destroyed, his heart destroyed, his body turn to swiss cheese, all his bones broken, his body melted, his body skeletonized, his body cut up into at least dozens of pieces, his internal organs all destroyed, etc... and still not only survive but keep fighting through all that. That's why other characters have a hard time dealing with him, the PIS actually happens in the opposite direction. Writers like Dan Slott have to ignore that Immortal Hulk can have his brains be literally blown out of his skull and still be conscious(literally conscious and still able to fight while missing his brain) solely for Thing to punch Hulk and KO him while causing no cosmetic damage to him even. But there are people out there that wanna tell me PIS is what allows Hulk to survive these fights... sure, sure.. a decades well established PIS that has allowed him to survive things 99% of characters couldn't, make sense.

The current Immortal Hulk series has gone to painstaking lengths to showcase just how hard it is to put down Hulk, to the point where the writer had to literally invent a new weakness for Hulk just so his opponents would have a chance with dealing with him and then also had to turn off his healing factor with a special acid at 2 different points and even then Hulks immortality finds a loophole to bring him back, which is the hard reset his healing factor gets when he dies. But yea Thor sometimes losing to Hulk is PIS obviously...

Anyway this is a place to talk about Thor, i don't wanna derail this thread, but if people are gonna talk about PIS here, PIS that, then bring some hard evidence for it. Because saying Hulk can't lose 1v1 is silly, considering all the times he has lost 1v1, even against characters much weaker than him.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 05-16-2020 at 09:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    dunno how many times they fought

Immortal hulk was the clean win
    Hickman's run had a win based on a cheap shot
    There was the time thanos mind controlled hulk for a nother cheap shot
    Then there was Nul where he won, but may have been amped
    Thor struck Nul to the atmosphere, that's in no way a win for Nul, not to mention he was amped, and Thor passed out afterwards due to nonstop battle even prior to his bout with Thing and Nul. However, you can replace the Nul instance with the awful Dark Cho Hulk pummeling Thor in Greg Pak's own fanboyish take after Ragnarok movie portrayed Thor as the superior Avenger and he had to make it "right" in his book.

Anyway, this isn't a Thor vs Hulk thread, we should really change subjects.

BANNED

Who do you guys think Cates will sue as the major villain in his run ? I am really hyped, he said his plans for Thor are his biggest yet in Marvel, and he's already done a bunch of crazy things, so I'm excited to see what he does.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This is one of the sillier arguments i have heard in a while.

Thor has beaten Hulk before, so have many other individuals, hell even Thing recently beat Immortal Hulk one of the stronger incarnations of Hulk and he isn't as strong as either Hulk or Thor but showed that he can beat him.

Where were writers/editors to stop that one from happening?

As a Hulk and Thor fan, let me tell you why Thor and other heroes have a tough time dealing with Hulk, it's very simple. Hulk is very strong, yep you heard it here first folks, case closed. But seriously apart from the obvious if you haven't noticed in modern times Hulks damage soak and healing factor have been pushed harder and harder. Back in classic times Hulk literally had no healing factor, none at all and nowadays he has one of the most broken ones in Marvel, because he lacks versatility as a fighter he compensates that by being a character that can have his head cut off, his brain destroyed, his heart destroyed, his body turn to swiss cheese, all his bones broken, his body melted, his body skeletonized, his body cut up into at least dozens of pieces, his internal organs all destroyed, etc... and still not only survive but keep fighting through all that. That's why other characters have a hard time dealing with him, the PIS actually happens in the opposite direction. Writers like Dan Slott have to ignore that Immortal Hulk can have his brains be literally blown out of his skull and still be conscious(literally conscious and still able to fight while missing his brain) solely for Thing to punch Hulk and KO him while causing no cosmetic damage to him even. But there are people out there that wanna tell me PIS is what allows Hulk to survive these fights... sure, sure.. a decades well established PIS that has allowed him to survive things 99% of characters couldn't, make sense.

The current Immortal Hulk series has gone to painstaking lengths to showcase just how hard it is to put down Hulk, to the point where the writer had to literally invent a new weakness for Hulk just so his opponents would have a chance with dealing with him and then also had to turn off his healing factor with a special acid at 2 different points and even then Hulks immortality finds a loophole to bring him back, which is the hard reset his healing factor gets when he dies. But yea Thor sometimes losing to Hulk is PIS obviously...

Anyway this is a place to talk about Thor, i don't wanna derail this thread, but if people are gonna talk about PIS here, PIS that, then bring some hard evidence for it. Because saying Hulk can't lose 1v1 is silly, considering all the times he has lost 1v1, even against characters much weaker than him.
    Iron Man's beaten the Hulk and you're right, the Thing beat the Hulk recently.

The problem though, is that both were extreme, hard to duplicate situations. When Iron Man beat Hulk, his armor was completely depowers. When Thing beat Hulk, Grimm's arm was broken and his skin torn off completely.

You're right, Hulk is very strong. Easily the strongest there is. And yet, for some reason, when Earth's Mightiest Heroes fight Hulk, they always try to overpower him physically.

Hell, their last fight was the best example of the PIS that always favors Hulk. Sunshine turns Hulk back into Banner, so what do the Avengers do? They use a kill sat that ca only be used once. No real tactics or teamwork, just running into his fists head first, one at a time.

Don't get me wrong, Ewing's Hulk is God damn amazing. One of the best series in the last ten years, easily. But he, like most every Hulk writer before him, uses PIS to allow the Hulk to roam free