Page 94 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2680
    Extraordinary Member

Maybe Angela is the result of one of the previous Ragnarok cycles? And Heven never got effected.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Maybe Angela is the result of one of the previous Ragnarok cycles? And Heven never got effected.
    I think that's probably the best theory.

it was cut off from the Tree so Heven was unaffected by the cycles.

War of Angels happened back during pre-historic time when humans were fighting mammoths and didn't know how to speak and Thor wasn't born during that time (at least current incarnation), not to mention no one knows about that war except very old Asgardians.

so you can probably make sense of it, especially if they retained memories from their previous lives.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-17-2020 at 07:26 AM.

speaking of cycles, Odin already went through some cycles before 1,000,000 B.C.

I thought there were at least 27 cycles in total and each lasts 2160 years
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-17-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    it makes no sense either way though.

Balder never knew about Angela and Tyr is the eldest son (meaning older than Balder and Thor and son of Odin and Freyja) and he didn't knew about her either or Angels since they didn't participate in that war.

how can Thor call Angela older sister if we know that Balder is younger (Thor knows that as well)???

if Balder is older than Angela and Thor is younger than Angela but older than Balder, why does he considers Angela his older sister???

Thor is older than Balder and knows he is younger than Angela.

the entirety of Original Sin is basically Angela being the long lost firstborn that no one knew(she was called firstborn, not just firstborn daughter).

when they made Balder's backstory during JMS run, Frigga was just a one night sex during some random feast and she seemed to be an entirely different character. it was literally stated that he only caught the interest of Frigga during that night when everyone, including her, were competing for Odin's affection (she also had black hair and was grown up).

however, under Fraction, Odin met Freyja when Aesir and Vanir were still at war so they married immediately when the terms were set so Odin having a kid with Freyja before marriage made no sense if we take the JMS one.

so basically Fraction, Aaron, and Gillen clash with each other but Angela is widely regarded as being the firstborn.

Aaron pretty much created Angela having her being the very first born of Odin and Freyja which follows Fraction story.

basically, Gillen made more inconsistencies when you use JMS run (well, Fraction did as well) but they follow with Aaron and Fraction continuity.

at least with Fraction and Aaron, you can somehow place Angela somewhere.

Gillen one, however, makes no sense according to what he wrote on Tumblr since he seemed to ignore War of Angels timeline.

Laussa makes no sense regardless.

those are all some sorts of retcons, unfortunately but they are following Fraction and Aaron's continuity.
    Angela was created by Todd McFarlane and Neil Gaiman in Spawn Gaiman later gave Angela to Marvel as a middle finger to McFarlane.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Angela was created by Todd McFarlane and Neil Gaiman in Spawn Gaiman later gave Angela to Marvel as a middle finger to McFarlane.
    oh yeah, Ik.

the backstory though was made up by Aaron and Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Suit yourself, but there really is no place better than comicvine IMO, it even organizes regular tournaments and has CAV's where people participate than other users pick who was the better debater, also there is obviously no trolling or wankery, one of the easiest things to get called out on, also some of the best Thor experts and most knowledgeable people on Thor are there, you should check it out if you want it has a bigger Thor fanbase then here, but has a smaller Hulk fanbase which is why i like it honestly.
    I like CBR for reasons already stated. As well, CBR Rumbles is more for a seasoned adult crowd. Other places (I've lurked on other websites) seem more for the juvenile crowd. I notice at least one place is in fact predominated by Hulk fans that troll anyone who disagree with them. Wankery is indeed allowed and in fact is the way.

So, no thanks. I do my debating here where moderators actually enforce rules rules and dont allow trolling. Everywhere else I've ever been? Pretty much anything goes. So, to be clear. No thanks.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Thor has too many siblings...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thor has too many siblings...
    and relatives in general.

Gaea is a Mother to almost every pantheon.

Zeus is actually Thor's nephew and Chronus is his step brother

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I like CBR for reasons already stated. As well, CBR Rumbles is more for a seasoned adult crowd. Other places (I've lurked on other websites) seem more for the juvenile crowd. I notice at least one place is in fact predominated by Hulk fans that troll anyone who disagree with them. Wankery is indeed allowed and in fact is the way.

So, no thanks. I do my debating here where moderators actually enforce rules rules and dont allow trolling. Everywhere else I've ever been? Pretty much anything goes. So, to be clear. No thanks.
    I actually avoid discussing power levels anymore, at least detailed ones.

and Comic Vine is meh.

I actually avoid discussing power levels anymore, at least detailed ones.

and Comic Vine is meh.
    I hear you. I think people attracted to those discussions (like me!) are a different sort. And...I won't specifically mention other websites, but yeah. Some places are much worse than meh. I'm loyal to Rumbles and the folks over there. They have a system that actually works.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I hear you. I think people attracted to those discussions (like me!) are a different sort. And...I won't specifically mention other websites, but yeah. Some places are much worse than meh. I'm loyal to Rumbles and the folks over there. They have a system that actually works.
    they are haha xd

I decided recently I won't take part in it.

I'll just vote and get out!

they are haha xd

I decided recently I won't take part in it.

I'll just vote and get out!

Honestly you probably do better just voting and leaving lol. Some folks on other websites just dont listen to well laid out arguments.
    ----------------------

Honestly you probably do better just voting and leaving lol. Some folks on other websites just dont listen to well laid out arguments.
    yeah, true.

btw, anyone noticed how Aaron wrote Thor's relationships with women...weird???

like, every women he had under Aaron were some giant She-males xd

1. that mortal viking girl who is somehow 7 feet tall (taller than him) and has more muscles than him
    2. She-Hulk who is also taller and more imposing
    3. one of different versions of Thor in different timeline(?) has cave Thor having a huge Giant as his girlfriend

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

yeah, true.

btw, anyone noticed how Aaron wrote Thor's relationships with women...weird???

like, every women he had under Aaron were some giant She-males xd

1. that mortal viking girl who is somehow 7 feet tall (taller than him) and has more muscles than him
    2. She-Hulk who is also taller and more imposing
    3. one of different versions of Thor in different timeline(?) has cave Thor having a huge Giant as his girlfriend
    Aaron has macrophilia i guess.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Aaron has macrophilia i guess.
    LFMAO possible xd